“Downright Evil Manager and Noisy Atrium” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Golf Weekday Package
Ranked #39 of 140 hotels in Columbus
dayton
“Downright Evil Manager and Noisy Atrium”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've never been treated so poorly at a hotel. The manager kept threatening us that we were going to get evicted for drinking, loud kids, etc. The problem was we weren't drinking and they weren't our kids. It was very odd. She actually had the police going door-to-door at midnight accusing people of the above. They need to get the facts before viciously attacking their customers. It's also a very loud hotel due to the open atrium. Various parties were going on there (wedding and birthday) that made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I apologize that your most recent visit to the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio did not meet your expectations. I understand that your perception of the events that occurred is different than that of the hotel staff and I am sorry for that. The Embassy Suites Columbus takes the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously. The hotel staff are very well versed on all procedures in regards to safety and security standards at our hotel. All of our employees are committed to providing exceptional guest service that not only meets our guest expectation but exceeds them. Thanks again for your insight.

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

When United Airlines diverted my flight, the Columbus airport staff secured a night's stay at this suburban hotel and it was a very pleasant experience overall. One of the male van drivers (who I hope has since been let go) was clearly disinterested in picking up airport passengers or working his shift the next morning but the rest of the staff worked very hard to compensate for this bad apple. Except for the transportation issues, the accommodations were good and the complimentary breakfast offered healthy choices in the morning. In-room coffee service and a kiosk in the lobby provided items for an unexpected overnight hotel stay. The grounds offer plenty of free parking and the hotel is well-maintained. Although I did not pay for this accommodation, I will definitely book a stay here the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: We were near the elevators and did not notice any noise or inconvenience. Elevators provided freque...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hello! I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the airlines, but we were glad to have you as our guest! We do have a wonderful Guest Services team here who truly care about our guests and we are very proud of, so thank you for your nice comments. We will be sure to share this with the team! I can assure you that the issue with the shuttle driver has been resolved, and will not be an issue in the future. We hope to see you again soon!
Wurtland, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Rooms are nice, breakfast is very good. Check was easy and smooth. One of the elevators wasn't working properly (kept getting stuck on the second floor) & it was a little warm in the lobby area and on the elevators. Hats off to the house cleaning staff, we left some items in the room and they called me a few days later and let me know and mailed them to me!!!! AWESOME!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to mention how fabulous our Housekeeping staff is! We know how hectic and can be to travel, and at some point in time we have all left something behind. We try to provide the same level of service to our guests that we would like to receive when we ourselves travel, 5 Star Service! We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hard-working staff at this hotel really aims to please and it shows. They are on the level of any 5 star hotel including several Ritz Carlton's I have stayed at. In addition, the lobby and rooms are stylishly appointed, roomy and very clean. All the amenities you could want are here..granite bathroom, flat-screen tvs etc. The free made-to-order hot breakfast and manager's early evening drink/light snacks reception was a great bonus. The hotel also provided a free shuttle for the airport and local area. The only negative is the elevators are pretty slow. Also, if you are sensitive to noise request a room on the parking lot side as opposed to the highway. In conclusion - for anyone in the area - I highly recommend this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking-lot side are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and all of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this Embassy Suites after not having been here in a long time. It has been renovated recently so everything in my room was in good working order. I had 0 maintenance issues which is big. I slept like a log so bed was perfect. Breakfast was very good and the ladies cooking were very efficient. I did not attend the manager's reception, but they did have one. The people at the front desk were very friendly. Check in was quick and efficient. My company has good corporate here, but I would stay here regardless.

Room Tip: Book it. It was worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wayne, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

On July 29, I checked into this hotel. I was traveling to Ohio for work. I was staying until Friday August 3. On July 30 when going to my room after work I put my key in the door and it did not work. I put it in again and it did not work but the door immediately opened from the inside. A man was in my room. He said that he just checked in and he was given this room. I went to the lobby and explained what happened. I was told it was a "computer glitch". He apologized and re-activated my key and put me back in the same room. (Now a stranger knows my room number) As an apology I was offered milk and cookies delivered to my room or a cheese and fruit plate. (Seriously - no offer to change rooms - and a snack as an apology) The next day a co-worker who was staying at the same hotel and who stays there every time she travels to Ohio for work called and spoke with a manager by the name Gant I believe. He told her he would save a room for me to change rooms that evening after work and that he would see what he could for service recovery. When I went to the front desk they told me there was no room saved for me but they did put me in another room. My co-worker and I never heard back from Mr. Gant with a better service recovery option than milk and cookies. My co-worker travels to Ohio for work several times a year and she always stays at this hotel. She is very seriously considering changing hotels. Putting another guest in a guests room is a major security issue. I was quite freaked out when the door opened and man was inside my room. I do not know how long he was in there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sarah V, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Angie,

I appreciate your feedback and am so sorry we are in the middle of phone tag. I look forward to speaking with you today and reaching a resolution for your concerns.

Sarah Voloschuk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had to stay at Embassy Suites unexpectedly one night and was very glad I did. It is a very nice place and the rooms are very large. They have a separate sitting room with a desk and TV and then a bedroom with another TV. The staff was great too. The person that I spoke with when I called to see if they had a room available was very friendly as well as the front desk staff when I arrived. I ordered dinner from my room and the food from their on site restaurant was delivered fast and was very good. I had to leave early in the morning, so I missed breakfast. I would recommend staying at this hotel when you are in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!