“Don't even think about it!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Clara Street, I-71 & Exit 111, Columbus, OH 43211   |
Ranked #90 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
PA
“Don't even think about it!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I am 41 years old, have stayed in hotels as a youth for Spring Break, have been to hotels in Europe, and this was, by far, the worst hotel experience I ever had!!! I was there for a youth horse show at the adjacent fairgrounds. I should have stayed in the horse trailer with the horses. It would have been cleaner. I pulled into the parking lot, saw a car full of kids coming from the concert nearby smoking dope then saw a guy carrying a girl over his shoulder who was passed out going to their room. I opened the door to my room, turned on the HVAC system and immediately smelled urine. While taking a shower, the shower from the floor above actually was leaking through the ceiling. Don't even think about taking your shoes or socks off to walk on the carpet! The guys next door decided to have a BBQ at 11 PM and fired up their grill outside of our doors. Forget about it!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

i have just returned from the scariest hotel experience i have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!! i arrived at this hole on 2.13.09. the first night i had no heat in my room. the 2nd night we were moved to a different room with a broken door lock. when my husband and i returned with our nine year old daughter from her cheerleading competition, we could not get into the room......3 times we went downstairs to tell the worker and 3 times he told us he had fixed the key....needless to say, he didn't. he eventually came upstairs and unlocked the door with a key. we were also kept up all night by the motorcycle club that was also staying at the hotel. the next day i told the guy i wanted a refund and he gave me a whopping 10.00 back. woohoo i called the owner of the hotel, raju and he said he would only give me another 50.00 back. i told him that i am reporting him to the BBB and whoever else i can.........scariest experience of my life

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

The room was really dirty and smelled horrible. The second we walked into the room a terrible odor that can only be described as a combination of urine & TFC supporter burned our nostrils. There were roaches on the floor and Barra Brava sticker sticker on the bathroom cabinet which was instant indication of what sort of scum would stay here. We got a refund and left.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

I booked three rooms for three days in November for a training class we were to be in. One of the ladies arrived early in the evening, however, the other lady and I did not get in until 10:30 PM. We both had been up since very early and were very tired when we arrived. The security lock on my door was broken, there was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the door in the bathroom and the bathroom was dirty. I did not sleep all night worrying about the door, but since I had not heard from the other two, I did not feel I could leave that night. Early the next morning I called both my co-workers and told them we were leaving and finding a different hotel for the remaining stay. I asked them to pack and meet me at my room. When the one lady arrived, she just opened the door and walked right in. THE DOOR HAD BEEN UNLOCKED ALL NIGHT. Here not only did the security lock not work, but neither did the handle lock.

One of the other ladies had no heat in her room and there was a gap of approximately 2 inches under her door. She said that she actually went out to her car to get warm before we arrived, but there were some suspicious looking guys hanging out in the lot so she went back to her room.

We also heard on the news the next day that there was a rapist in the area. Imagine how I felt that I had booked these rooms for two of my employees and myself!!

When I checked us out and wanted to speak to a manager, Raju would not be in until the next day. when I did speak to him, he gave me $15 dollars off the price of the two rooms.....big deal!!

One out of the three rooms had no problems.

I just wish I had seen this website sooner.

• Liked — close to our training site
  • Disliked — it was horrible.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

While attending a show at the fairground our group got hotel rooms at the Days Inn. My room in particular had roaches on the wall. The bathroom was not clean. The sink area was not washed down. I slept (if you could call it sleeping) with the lights on and the TV turned up so I did not hear the cars and trucks on the freeway. The next morning I was very itchy and had little bumps on me. It still gives me the creeps. Since it had snowed durning the day it would have been nice if they would have at least salted the stairways and walkways.

I would not suggest a stay a this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bus/cleanliness/noise
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MICHIGAN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I stayed at this hotel while in Columbus for a World Softball Tournament. First of all, one of my teammates switched rooms because she found a crack pipe in it and that was the second room she had moved to. She had her child with her for crying out loud...a crack pipe!

After reaturning home (I only stayed one night, but other teammates stayed two nights) several teammates and myself were diagnosed by our doctors as having bedbugs!! Disgusting!

I have had to pay doctor expenses, disinfecting expenses, plastic bed and pillow covers, steam cleaners, and might still have to call in someone to clean it professionally!

I am absolutely livid! You put your trust in people when you go stay in hotels and to know that they allow their buildings to be in this condition is just absolutely irresponsible and thoughtless!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed September 2008
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

We came to Columbus for the Softball World Series, on the weekend of September 5th. Working two jobs Thursday night I was exhausted after the long drive. Assuming everyone in Ohio has the same health dept. codes as far as sanatizing and disinfecting as Michigan was my WORST mistake. We were only at the room for a max of two hours after our softball banquet, to sleep and then we would be gone all day the following day.

Lord do I wish I would have found this website before bringing bedbugs back to my home. All four girls that stayed in our room didnt see any visable signs of bedbugs but after many hours of cleaning and researching they are sly little bugs that hide! Needless to say I called for a manager last night and was told "Raju" was out til 9am today.

My first response was anger but now I am at a loss these are by far the worst type of pests I have ever dealt with or heard of. If anyone has any legal information please contact me. This is ridiculous and I have already spent 150+ and now am looking into an exterminator. I have contacted the health department and was advised to seek legal representation.

I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this dump, not to mention there was a crack pipe found in one of my teamates rooms too!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Bed Bugs
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!