“Nice Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus
“Nice Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a meeting and was able to get accommodations at the last minute they worked with us to get the online cost. they offer continental breakfast in the morning and was right next door to a McDonald's.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

1 day into my 2 day stay I had a family emergency. At 2 am I tried to get the 2nd day cancelled, the night staff needed the manager. When I called back the manager, Sharef? (sorry I don't remember the name exactly)was great. He took care of canceling the second night and was sensitive to my situation.

Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was in Columbus for a Leadership convention. The location of this hotel was beyond excellent. It was a 10 minute drive to downtown. Extremely easy on and off the highways. The hotel itself was ok. Somethings had been upgraded and new and others not.

Room Tip: Mc Donalds in the parking lot was very nice.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Days Inn Fairgrounds was very accommodating. They assisted with last minute reservations and room adjacent to friends. We were able to park close to our room and bring our luggage up a stair very close to the parking lot. Thank You!!

Room Tip: Upper level worked great for us
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I did a cross-country road trip and stayed at this Days Inn because I had such a good experience at the one in Oklahoma City. I wasn't as impressed. First, my room key didn't work because my door was broken. I had to switch rooms and they put me in a room that smelled like smoke. It was bad honestly, but I've been in worse. It's okay for somebody who is looking for a place to stay for the night. It's in a good location, right off the highway and right down the road from restaurants. I am a 25-year-old female who was traveling alone at the time and I felt completely safe the entire time. It's not a bad place to stay if you are looking for somewhere for the night. The city is amazing. I highly recommend going downtown if you can. The hotel isn't too far from it. Overall okay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We came in late, quiet place, everything neat and tidy. we had a great nites sleep. we will stay here again next time. Free breakfast was simple but adequate and nutritious. we found plenty of towels and good bed, clean sheets.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We chose based on price and location. We've stayed next door at the Comfort Inn & Suites - pay more for them.

If you're strapped for cash, it's tolerable. We were here several days and I got more irritated each day. It's not a matter of how much money or manpower (also = money) they spend, but lack of training of same. Don't drop anything off the nightstand - the edges of the room are NEVER vacuumed. Ever. Don't look at the back of the bathroom door while you're on the toilet. Don't notice the odd smears on things like doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, etc.

But I sure have stayed in worse places - places with dead flies in the tub and on the window sill, etc. A once-a-month edge vacuuming, baseboard and applicance/switch wiping would have taken care of 80% of these problems.

Room Tip: Choose second floor on Clara St side to get away from some of interstate noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!