“Recently refreshed hotel leads to uneventful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Columbus Zoo Getaway
Ranked #51 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, Georgia
“Recently refreshed hotel leads to uneventful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Well, it's another Courtyard gone through yet another refresh. The room was nice enough and housekeeping kept it very clean both before my arrival and during my stay. Aside from the bed having a spot against the wall of a closet rather than that of your neighbor the room is unremarkable. Big tv, sofa, desk/tv stand/drawers/fridge combo, everything you'd expect from the brand these days.

The staff were all very nice during my stay though most of my discussions were had with the tenders of the Bistro. Nikki was especially friendly and efficient though everyone made me feel welcome. If you want to tire yourself out one day you should watch her fly around the counter for about 10 minutes.

The food itself is good though I'd like to have had the illusion that the dishes were prepared fresh rather than pre made and put into a speedy oven for quick delivery. I had the Bistro Burger during my stay which was surprisingly good, a couple of the breakfast sandwiches and the full breakfast which does appear cooked to order. Unfortunately the sandwiches don't travel all that well so you'll want to make time to eat in the cafe area.

Wifi was always predictably slow despite paying an up charge, heating and cooling decent and the furnishings were all in good shape given the recent remodel.

My room was pretty much as far away from the front desk as possible which led to a nice low noise experience. My one issue is that they don't keep the doors to the Courtyard open to allow guests to cut from one side of the hotel to the other. I'm sure they are locked after a certain time to prevent noise complaints from those in rooms overlooking the courtyard but they need to do job of unlocking them in the morning.

I saw someone on here mention all rooms have balconies. This is not true so you should be sure to call ahead and request a non-balcony room if that's your preference.

Tons of dining options in the area even walkable on the right day. Every stay comes down to one question: "Would I stay here again?" My answer based on this stay is a resounding yes.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback we do appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to let us know about your stay at the Courtyard Worthington, OH.

We are very happy to hear that Nikki took very good care of you while visiting our Bistro, we will make sure she gets recognition for you mentioning her name and letting us know she was able to meet your expectations.

We hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again the next time you are in the Columbus area.

Judy

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I traveled here for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint about the room was that the wifi was a little slow (but at least it was complimentary).

I have not stayed at a Courtyard hotel in a while and I didn't realize that they no longer offer free breakfasts. Courtyards now have "bistros" where food can be purchased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus/Worthington.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the room met your expectations. We just completed a rooms renovation this year and we are very proud of our new rooms. We are receiving numerous compliments on the new mattresses that were purchased for our renovations. Everyone does say they are very comfortable.

We do hope tha the next time you are in the Columbus/Worthington area you give us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Regards,
State Road, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here with my wife a couple of times now and never had a problem. Like most hotels I find it helps to call ahead and make sure they have read my profile and fulfill my special needs. This location is a little confusing to get to but my GPS got me there, so no worries.

Room Tip: If you are not familiar with the area use your GPS to find this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for tKing the time from your busy day to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott Worthington,OH.

We are very happy that we were able to meet your expectations while staying with us. Our goal is that every guest receives our best service level and a quality room.

We do hope that the next time you are in the Worthington area that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service again.

We do appreciate hearing from you.

Judy L.
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Courtyard Worthington is located in a nice area surrounded by a selection of restaurants and a movie theater. The staff is very courteous and helpful. However, getting out of the hotel to the main road can take a while due to the traffic getting to and from businesses especially during rush hours. Allow at least 20 minutes just to get out of the campus view complex. Personally, I would stay at a different location if not for the hotel being a preferred hotel by my company.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Worthington, OH.

I am happy to hear that you do enjoy the fact that we are in a very good area with many restaurants that fit into your dining needs.

I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and courteous and was able to service your needs and we hope that your room serviced your needs as well. We do offer free high speed internet service and if you have a need for streaming we offer the upgraded internet service at a minimal fee.
We completed our rooms renovation in April of this year and I hope you found your room very comfortable.

I am sorry to hear that the rush hour traffic in the area is a little frustrating for you, I hope that does not keep you from returning to our hotel. We do listen to what you have to say and appreciate hearing from you.
Sandusky, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a remodeled Courtyard. I am a Platinum member and was upgraded to a preferred king room. They give you a little better clock and two bottles of water. The parking is on the sides of the building with a few close to the entrance. Expect to walk a long way to your room. You have to buy overpriced Starbucks or the room packets for coffee. They do not offer it in the morning like some other remodeled Courtyards. The pool is nice but they took out the whirlpool (stinks). Just OK on the TV channel choices. The one thing I do like is they offer free Wall Street Journal along with USA today. Many restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We certainly like to hear back from our guest and do appreciate the feedback we receive. Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to let us know about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott.

We are newly renovated and we did make some major changes to our design and room packages. We do offer the complimentary coffee we just made it easier to access by putting the complimentar coffee in the room. We added the solarium room for relaxation in our pool area.

Our location is nicely nestled among a wonderful variety of restaurants that are within walking distance and I do hope that you had the opportunity to get out and enjoy a couple of those while you were with us. We do hope that the next time you are in the Columbus area you will think of us and allow us to be of service to you.

Thank you for staying with us.
Palo Alto, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our room had a very strong chemical smell as if they had just disinfected the bathroom. Because of the circumstances of my stay with an over-wrought relative and the late hour, I didn't take the time to complain. The room was very clean and comfortable with a strong wi-fi signal. Breakfast is not included in the room rate which was the highest I paid on this 2-week trip. If you want luxury and are willing to pay for it, this place is good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus/Worthington,OH. We do appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to let us know the experience you had while staying with us.

We certainly apologize that your room had a chemical smell and I will address with our housekeepers to please be careful with spraying their cleaning supplies. We would have been very happy to move you to a different room had we known the smell was to much for you.

We completed our rooms renovation this year in April and we do hope you found our new rooms and bedding added to you having a restful and pleasurable stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will stay again the next time you are in the Columbus area.
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed seven nights in September while visiting our daughter and family in nearby Bexley. The staff are super attentive and friendly. The hotel has been recently renovated and we were very pleased with every aspect of our stay. Next visit to Columbus this is where we will stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. It is great to hear that your experience at our hotel was an experience that you wanted to write about.

We appreciate you allowing us to be of service to you and we are very happy that the next time you are in town you will return. We are always pleased to have you stay with us and we always welcome the return visits.

Our goal is to always provide our guest with excellent service and a quality product.

Judy L.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!