“Very pleasant and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #47 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
San Angelo, Texas
“Very pleasant and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I really enjoy staying at the Hyatt for business and when we booked this one (passing through Columbus on our way home from Boston) I was really pleased with the price.

When we came in the attendant had our keys ready - no lengthy check-in process and since we got in late I was beyond grateful for that.

The room was incredible - they gave us an entire suite because their standard rooms were sold out. The kids were thrilled because they wanted to sleep on the huge couch instead of their bed.

Overall the entire experience was very pleasant and our only disappointment was that we didn't have more time to spend there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The front desk people were not so freindly first of all and gave us the impression that they did not feel like dealing with us, the decor was nice its modern and everything appeared to be in good shape, on the way to the room we entered a dirty elevator and all the doors to the rooms were dirty and smudgy looking, the halls smelled odd. Entering the room everything looked good but apon further inspection we found it quite dirty, the bathroom floor has stains & hair on it and the toilet didnt work right, the carpet in the bedroom area had a nasty red stain on it , it looked like it could have been an old vomit stain. We were very hungry & it was late so we didnt have enough energy to go out & get food, so we chanced it & ordered food to pick up downstairs. I ordered a simple grilled cheese and it tasted horrible ( how does one manage to mess up grilled cheese?) and chocolate cake..the cake was ok but tasted a little on the stale side. The next morning we went to see what they offered for breakfast and it seemed like it should have been a days inn for what they served...mini plain bagels and toast that didnt look so good...we didnt even attemt to taste anything. Overall the hotel was decent but very dirty & I was very surprised. I was very dissapointed because for $120 a night I think it should have been much much better.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

I have stayed here the past two years while I attend an annual event at the OH Expo Center. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the bed and bedding are very nice. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice and it's great to be a able to get a drink at the bar after a long day. Really great value!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Vermilion, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My husband raves about Hyatt Place as he travels for business. So we decided to try the Worthington HP while traveling for a weekend of shoping. He was quite disappointed compared to other Hyatt Places. First, the rooms were clean and comfortable as we expected. We enjoyed watching the Olympics on the big TV. But the heat system was so noisy, it woke us up off and on all night. The room went from freezing to boiling all night long and blew right on us fron next to the bed. There was no local phone book or binder about the hotel in the room detailing some local restaurants and hotel information. Breakfast was fine but there wasn't enough seating to accommodate all guests on a busy morning so we ended up eating in the lobby receiving a blast of Ohio winter everytime someone walked past the front door. We got dessert (lemon bars) after going out for sushi (close by and good!) from the counter up front. The bars were stale and expensive. Overall, it wasn't bad but it could have been a lot better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
perrysburg ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

nightstaff guy was good on saturday night 2/6/10 was helpful
girls working sunday morning were unprofessional, looked like they just crawled out of the sack, and were just plain rude, copped an attitude
parking lot was not plowed or shovelled, was downright hazardous
room heater was loud- interrupted sleep

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Fantastic Hyatt hotel at around $100 a night - large, luxury room. Nice pad, flatscreen television, sofa, desk for computer. Nice shower and vanity. Free breakfast - goodl quality. Highly recommended experience.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a week while doing research in Columbus. I found it a very odd place. It's as though it can't decide whether it's an extended stay facility or a hotel or a motel.

The service from the staff varied greatly. Some of the desk clerks were genuinely cordial and helpful, and others made me feel like they wished I'd go away. I overheard one of them making a call to a newly arrived guest to ask if he (or she) was satisfied with his room. Nobody called to ask me if I was satisfied with my room. < :-( On the morning I checked out, nobody was at the desk or in the lobby, I had to go into the office to get the manager, and he did the check out for me. He was very nice and wholly apologetic about it. It was odd though.

Housekeeping also was uneven. Clearly it depended on who was on duty that day. Sometimes, everything was nicely taken care of, and sometimes, the dishes I'd used the night before were stlll in, or next to, the sink when I returned at the end of the day.
There was wetbar with a sink, a refrigerator and a coffee maker (single cups only), but no microwave, no paper towels. Also, no plastic trash bags in the wet bar area. I used bags from carryout to dispose of wet coffee grounds and carryout containers.

However, the bed was always made; bathroom was always cleaned; and towels were clean, so the basics were covered.

The bathroom was oddly laid out -- shower/tub and toilet in room which is just big enough to contain them. A water closet, essentially. Sink and mirror out in the open area, opposite the bed. Closet is next to the sink and you can only get into 1/2 of the closet -- the other half, blocked by the bathroom counter.

No dresser. I suppose they intended for guests to use the cubby holes in the unit on which the TV sits, but they looked grubby -- a few crumbs and grease spots,. So I just put a few things in the closet and kept the rest in my luggage. I thought it was nice have a separate "living room" area, but as a solo traveler, I did not need a king-size sofa. The sofa in my room was beginning to show its age.

The hotel is set up for wifi and they expect you to use that, so they don't give you a list of local restaurants (unless you specifically ask, and then you get a list of the restaurants in the corporate park). Nor do you get a local phone book. I rely on those types of things.

When on a long trip, I also rely on having a coin washer/dryer available to me. None at this hotel. When I asked at the front desk, they said I could only send things out to be dry-cleaned. When I asked whether they knew of any laundromats I could take my things to, no "we only use the dry cleaning service." That's fine for suits and sweaters, but I wanted to wash my jeans, pajamas, socks, ...

You'll get no Comedy Central, Indie Channel, or Turner Classic Movies or certain other cable channels. It's mostly the original networks, cable news, 4 ESPN stations, animal planet, and other "reality tv". And Disney, HBO Family, and ABC Family.

The hotel itself is in a corporate park /interstate exit hotel ghetto. There are lots of overpriced chain eateries and a Bob Evans within the development, but you have to go a few miles down High Street to get to local restaurants in Old Worthington. BUT that said, if you have a car, it is easy to get from this Hyatt Place to downtown Columbus and other parts of town.

I'm giving this a "no" recommendation, because I wouldn't go back and because I feel it fails to do what other hotels do so much better. I did consider looking for another hotel, but it was more important to me to just settle so I could focus on my work. I found myself saying "glad I got a good rate" because I would have been really ticked off if I'd paid full price for this place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington? Share your experiences!