“What I Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh
“What I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stay at Hyatt Place often, this was what I expected. I always wish the beds were queens instead of doubles and the bathroom is tiny. Hard to really use it to get dressed. But otherwise it was good. The breakfast was good tho the hot items often get hard on the bottom from sitting on the griddle surface. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It's nice having the mini fridge and extra room.

• Stayed April 2014
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Gandycat,

Thank you for taking the time out of you're day to write a review for our Hotel. I wish that we could have exceeded your expectations. Certainly we need to keep a better eye out on the breakfast items. We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hocking Hills OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Very nice and friendly! Have stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dublin Oh. So really look forward to the top quality stay! Nice breakfast! We wished it was warm out to use the pool. This would be nice for the Zoo and going to parks north of property. A will do next visit. we were close to my mom at Whetstone and the Shrine Circus.

Room Tip: They have adjoining rooms on request.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for your great review. We also wish it was pool weather and we were done once and for all with this never ending winter. You mention the parks north of our hotel and the High banks metro park is a great place to spend family time. The winter offers the best sledding hill in the area (just ask my son) and in the spring - fall we have an Bald Eagle family that calls High Banks home and draws a large bird watching following. We do love our area and are happy we could share that with you,

Warmest regards,
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Let me preface this review by stating that the staff itself were very helpfull, no complaints wit hthem at all!!
This was our 1st visit to this Hyatt. We normally stay at the Hyatt Place OSU. I understand that this is an older property, but we were disapointed. The bathrooms are "comically" small. Smallest bathroom I have ever seen. I swear that the door comes only an inch or so from the actual toilet. I real challenge for us last weekend while traveling with a handicapped son. (again, not the staffs fault)
We returned to our room on Saturday afternoon to find the floor under the window soaked with water. Our suitcase also soaked. Once again I understand that its an older property, but c'mon this is not the Hotel 6. I think that we can expect NOT to have water on our floor or in our suitcase while staying at a Hyatt. Apparently the room next to us had the same issue. While the staff offered to dry our clothes in their dryer, not what we expect from the Hyatt. The maint guy did come and try to extract the water from the carpet. But we were left with wet floors covered by bath towels, rendering the window side of the bed a no walking zone.
We were able to go to sleep at around 1:30 AM on Saturday night, as our hotel floor was being used as a race track by a host of children. Again, not the hotels fault, but not what we needed nor expected from our beloved Hyatt chain.
Final complaint. Sunday morning we awoke to a parking lot and sidewalks coated in ice. Again, we are traveling with a handicapped child. No effort was made to clear the ice from the walkways. No salt applied, no shoveling, nothing. The trip tp the car was an "adventure" that I dont care to do again.
We travel to Columbus often, as our son is an athlete here. We always recommend the Hyatt group when asked by others. However, we will NOT make this mistake again. Rethinking becoming members.
S Post
Valparaiso, IN

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
sp0st,

I am truly sorry that you had such a terrible stay. I looked thru your reservations and see that the water issue did happen on the last day of your 4 day stay and that we took 2 days off your bill. I apologize that this happened and hope the $270 off makes up in a small way for our deficiencies. We did have a large contingent of sports teams and try to keep teams on the same floor as to help with controlling their athletes. Please know that once we receive a complaint we inform the group leaders and give them two warning before we ask the teams to leave. I regret that they disturbed you and your athletes. The weather on Saturday was such that it was changing constantly from rain, snow and Ice then back to rain.Three times Saturday evening my staff went out and salted the walkways, I am sure you can understand how difficult it is to keep up with when it is turning to rain after we salt and then rain washing away the salt, then freezing. My staff did go out on Sunday twice and salt but obviously we did not keep up with the weather and we let you down.

I hope you do not give up on Hyatt Place, it is a great brand and we usually exceed our guests expectations.

Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to discuss this further.

With my sincerest apologies,

Patrick Quinn
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I arrived in a middle of an ice/snow storm on 29 March 2014. They had various cheerleading squads from around the country staying there (my compliments to the parents of those young ladies they were very well behaved.) Back to the hotel, they put on the 6th floor away from the cheerleading groups and I was totally impressed from the room to the free breakfast. Scoot over Denny's you have competion and it is not Bob Evans. I also had food from their 24 hour grill and it was not only excellent, but well within the range of surrounding restaraunts.

I would like to salute the staff espically the maid service that greeted me on my floor Saturday she was very professional. Dawn, the customer service at the front desk. She was polite and introduced me to the staff as they came by as she was checking me in. Made me feel like my dollar was well spent.

The room was I want to transplant to my home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Don P,

What a great review. Dawn will be thrilled to see your comments. She works very hard for our property and is a standout performer. 5 Stars. Thank you so much.

Warmest reagrds,
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed here for one night and overall everything met our expectations. The room was clean and in good condition. We ordered a bottle of wine and appetizer for our room. Although tasty I felt the food was a little overpriced but not any different from any other hotel restaurant. The one thing that did stand out was the service. The hotel staff was friendly and we felt very welcomed from the moment we arrived. If our travels take us back to this area we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shannon 314,

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on how friendly our staff is and they come through 99% of the time. I am really glad to hear that you will be staying with us the next time you are in town. Please ask for Liz the AGM or Patrick the GM. I would like to buy you an appetizer as the one you had did not meet your expectations for value.

Warm regards,
Wayland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My partner and I booked the hotel for a weekend. We were greeted by some very nice young women at the desk who were incredibly helpful. They hooked us up with a reservation over at J. Michael's ( great restaurant!!) after we'd unpacked. The rooms are nice and spacious but there aren't as many outlets as I'd hoped but we made do. They could also use some stiffer pillows as the ones they have are mighty soft.The downstairs breakfast buffet is nice. Fresh fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Great way to start the day...but the coffee could be stronger. Just sayin'. Had to run over to Starbucks to get fully caffeinated. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Bill 5042,

Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate the feedback. My staff is very nice and I love sharing wonderful reviews like yours with them.

Warm regards,
Ashland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I was surprised by the spacious room and the bed was so comfortable! It is very easy to go to, right off the highway. There are also many restaurants nearby. But the room! A nice big modular sofa, and a huge tv! It has a small refrigerator and counter area. The shower was very nice also, great shower head. It was very comfortable for my family. I would highly recommend a night, or many, at this great Hyatt!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Jennie1025,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy your stay so much. I hope to see you again the next time you make your way south.

Warmest regards,

Patrick Quinn

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington? Share your experiences!