“Perfect for the wedding party” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #32 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Perfect for the wedding party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend to attend our daughter's wedding weekend activities. The hotel provided shuttle service to and from the wedding at a nearby Sue Orton Day Camp, allowing us to celebrate safely.
The breakfast buffer was generous and well presented, scrambled eggs, sausage, multiple carbs, minimal fresh fruit options, yogurt, steel-cut oatmeal. A Starbucks mini-cafe is in the lobby to satisfy the fiend in me.
Hotel staff, particularly the special events coordinator were highly motivated to meet every need.
Parking is free and generous. Common areas are small, but private room-suites are spacious and comfortable for gathering.

• Stayed September 2013
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Janick2010,

Thank you for the great review. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amentities that we provide. I will definitely pass along the kind words to our sales department and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus!

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
greenup, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with a group of 40 to Washington, D.C. And stayed here overnight. The service was excellent and the rooms were great. All of our travelers were talking about the size and niceness of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Scott B,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Worthington. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Columbus!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington for a brief stay while we visited our daughter who lives nearby. We have stayed at other HP's prior and this one was very similar. Our room was incredibly spacious with a large sitting area (we had a king bed). The bathroom was very small (the door nearly cleared the toilet), but the sink area outside the bathroom, though a strange set up, proved helpful while one was in the shower, the other could use the sink area. Other posters complained of an uncomfortable bed, we found ours to be fine. However, the AC unit was very noisy and rattled all night as it turned on and off. Also, it didn't quite keep up with the humidity.

The complimentary breakfast was ok. If found the waffles to be over cooked and very hard. The breakfast sandwiches are a better option. One morning we opted to walk to the Bob Evans for more variety.

The hotel is very clean and the staff very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris41,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Worthington. We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and your spacious room. I apologize that your AC unit was noisy but I'm glad to hear that you'll stay with us again. Give me a call personally when you're heading back into town and I will ensure your stay is perfect.

Best Regards,

Concord, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed one night in the Columbus/Worthington Hyatt Place and were quite disappointed with the stay. We are diehard Hyatt people, being Vacation Club owners, and almost always stay in a Hyatt property when traveling. While the room itself was spacious with a separate room with a work station and a couch, the important stuff like a comfortable bed and a reasonable bathroom were lacking. The air conditioning system was one of those through-the-wall units that was right next to the bed. It cycled on and off all night and I think I woke up every time it turned on and off. In addition, when it blew cold air, it blew it right at the lucky person (me) who was sleeping next to the unit. The bathroom was smaller than most European baths that I have experienced. In addition, the sink/make up area was outside of the bathroom and had one large fluorescent light that illuminated the entire room making it impossible for someone who was still sleeping to continue sleeping while their companion was making up.
On the positive side, the comp breakfast was very good and the unit was clean and well located to the OSU campus. Honestly, though, I don't think I'd stay there again because of that uncomfy bed and especially that annoying air conditioning unit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dale L,

I was able to look up your room and had my engineer and inspector both look at the issues you brought to our attention. We did replace the air unit in the room and the old one is being refurbished. The Bed did get flipped and we applogize that we waited until this was mentioned before we took care of this simple fix.

I was glad you were able to enjoy other parts of your stay and please call me if you are in town again I would love the oppourtunity to change your mind.

Warm regards,

Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved our stay at Hyatt Place in Worthington. The customer service was great, even to the point of the night staff offering us milk for our young children at bedtime and the morning crew refilling items at the breakfast bar and getting us anything we needed. The customer service was one of the best we have ever had. The pool is outside and was nice, clean, and relatively warm. The room was clean, the tv is large (would have been nice to bring our DVD player and cords as there is a plug in), and the breakfast is good. We could not stand the bed. It was soft, lumpy, and seemed worn out when we slept on it. I was so sore after that one night's sleep. Replace the beds and this hotel could be even more awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
MarandaA36,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Worthington. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our beds and that caused you an uncomfortable night. Thank you for your feedback, we will look into your concern. We hope that this does not sway your decision in staying with us the next time you come to Columbus. If you do stay again, please do not hesistate to call me and we will ensure a better sleep.

Best Regards,

Elizabeth Buxton
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was nice & pretty clean except for a few hairs I found in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. But as others have mentioned, the bathrooms are tiny. What put this hotel over the top was the breakfast. There were a variety of things to choose from. My favorite was the French toast. A remodel of the bathroom and a little more training for the cleaning staff and this hotel would be perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Carol M.

Thank you for your reviw but it appears we failed in a critical area with housekeeping. I truly apologize and if you are in this area again please reach out to me and I will make sure we ensure a better stay.
We get great responses about our breakfast and the F.Toast is a winner.

614-846-4355
Lambertville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great 2 night stay 7/5 to 7/7. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Comfortable beds(even sofabed). Nice breakfast choices. Will stay here again! Our room had 2 double beds plus a large sofa that converted to what looked like a queen sized bed. Very comfortably slept 5 of us with lots of room to move around. Also had a small refrigerator in room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Offered a tour of the hotel at check in.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 double beds and pull out couch can comfortably sleep 6 with room to still move around!