“Best room for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #40 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Best room for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Joe at the front desk is just fabulous! Made us feel super welcome even in the wee hours of the Sunday morning. ;) Everything was just perfect. Great location and very clean rooms. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Wildoneyep...Thank you for the fabulous review for our hotel. We strive to provide exceptional service at all hours of the day...and night :) Joe is definitely the best! We look forward to seeing you in the future. Patrick Quinn. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hyatt Place in Columbus/Worthington! Joe, our gallery host, definitely made our stay more enjoyable. He was so attentive and friendly making sure to do everything possible to ensure a positive experience. From bringing us additional towels, to asking how our day was, to welcoming us back to the hotel - Joe went over and beyond! Thanks to Joe, we'll definitely be back to another Hyatt!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Teach10RS....Thank you so much for the positive feedback about our hotel! Joe definitely is a ROCKSTAR and we will pass along the kind words that you wrote. When you are traveling again the Columbus area, we hope that we are your first choice in hotel accommadations. Thanks again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm a pilot for Netjets and have been staying at a nearby competitor for several years but this month I had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Place in Worthington for a week. The rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet and the food for breakfast was good. The best part was the service! Felicia was amazing in helping me get settled in, finding nice restaurants nearby and basically had a great attitude. Before becoming a pilot, I worked as a banquet manager for a large hotel chain for 9 years and think that Felicia is management material for sure. I actually was surprised she wasn't. Keep up the good work Felicia and can't wait to come back ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Flyboy 1988,

Thank you so much for your great review of our Hotel. I know that our Netjst guests are very discerning and really appreciate the oppourtunity to give Kudos to Felecia. Thank you again and hope to host you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Excellent room ! New HD TV and nice service (Felecia S.) Kind people and nice design room. Comfortable bedroom and desperate dinning room. Safe parking place. Lots of restaurants and bars around. Right next to the highway but quiet.

• Stayed May 2013
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Kane 8063,

Thank you for the great review. We have always tried to accomodate our guests needs as best we can and getting breakfast out early for our teams and groups is one off those issues that is easy to arrange. Almost every weekend we have a team playing very early se we make sure that breakfast is out sometimes an hour ahead of time. We have also put together breakfast togo bags with whole fruit, yogurt and even cereal and cups of milk or juice.
All we need is a little notice in the case of business travelers or a day ahead for our sports teams for scheduling reasons.

Patrick J Quinn
GM Hyatt Place Columbus / Worthington
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went to a café on the first floor at this hotel and the coffee tasted excellent. Also, an employee there, Joe, was kind and good at serving a customer with smile. He asked what type of coffee I want before brewing the coffee and recommended a cookie which tasted good. He probably has made customers returning. The interior was also beautiful. The Hyatt is excellent service providing hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your kind words about the interaction with Joe who is a gallery host and does double duty as our weekend night auditor. I have gotten so many compliments regarding Joe's great way with people. I usually get in between 6 and 7am. Joe has been on the job for 10 hours at that point and I am always impressed with cheerfully he handles himself when most of the rest of us are grabbing that first cup of coffee. Thank you for your kind words. Please introduce yourself when you are visiting again I would love to thank you in person.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I generally love to stay at a Hyatt Place. We've been staying at this chain for years. This one was not up to the standards of what I'm used to in other locations. I originally purchased one night but once I got into town I realized I'd need a second night. I booked a second night upon check-in. The first night went well, they brought my toddler a pack-n-play and it was nice and clean.

The next day we spent the entire day out with family and finally dragged ourselves back to the hotel around 10pm, with a very cranky and tired 2-year-old. After trudging up to our room with a stroller and two bags, I found my key didn't work. I went all the way back down to the front desk just to have them tell me they thought I was supposed to check out that morning and were confused as to why we left all our stuff in the room.....um, what? I told them I had paid for another night and they said they had no record of it. The MOD was very nice about it and apologized for the mix-up and said he'd comp us something for the inconvenience.

He barely knocked a few dollars off our bill. Wow, really? Your front desk staff forgets to register me for a second night, no one contacts me to figure out why it appears we aren't checking out, then we only get a couple bucks off for the inconvenience? I would've rather just had the apology and no mention of a comp if that's the case.

Once we finally got into the room, I got the toddler to bed and wanted to make a cup of tea in the room with the mugs....except for both mugs in the room were dirty with chunks of crud stuck to the side.

The beds are always comfortable, the sitting area with the swivel TV is a nice feature but I doubt if I would stay at this particular Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
The Goose 34,

I am very sorry to see how we have failed in our service encounters and also with our recovery of the issues you encountered. I hope to speak with you so we can follow up and perhaps resolve this so you can feel as if we heard you the first time. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to speak with you. 614-846-4355
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were in Columbus for a family reunion/OSU graduation. We were generally pleased with the room. The bed was quite comfortable and cozy; nice after a long day of family visiting! The room itself was immaculate, and I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness. The sink was outside the bathroom (toilet and shower) but that was not an issue. Towels were large and fluffy; plentiful as well. Somewhat unusual is the fact that there is no dresser or chest of some sort for storing clothing. There were cubbies underneath the large flatscreen tv (nice, by the way) but if a family of 4 were staying there, I would imagine space might be at a premium. Breakfast was average, but the staff was on top of replenishing food items when necessary. The girls at the front desk were really courteous, friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and willing to help.
All in all, I would say it was a good 2-night stay at Hyatt Place. If ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here. Very convenient to almost everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Nettie S,

I am glad you liked our Hotel and was pleased you found the Grand Hyatt bed comfortable. We have made cleanliness the top priority for our associates and spend quite a lot on our linens. Hyatt Place has a new standard coming in the next couple of months and our bed linens will be even better.
I have heard before from other guests that finding the drawers for storage is a task when we could have made it stand out more. We have drawers under the large mirror and to the bottom right of the closet door which is also mirrored. We store a hair dryer and a Bible for our guests use in them. OSU graduation this year was a wonderful experience and I hope you can find time to come visit us again. Columbus is a great town with some of the friendliest people I have found.

Patrick Quinn
GM

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington? Share your experiences!