“Best Customer Service, Spotless” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Big Piney, Wyoming
“Best Customer Service, Spotless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first time at the Hyatt Place, having been in Ohio at the same time last season for the Equine Affaire in April at the Ohio Expo Center. I wanted to stay somewhere other than the place I was at in 2011; the Hyatt sent out a special rate flyer with our trade show packet, so I decided to give the hotel a try, as the rates were great.

From the very start of my encounter with the Hyatt staff, I was pleased. Friendly reservations personnel made the process easy, and I received confirmation emails in a few minutes, which were easily modified by myself online. The sales manager Jennifer worked with me to set up shuttle transportation to and from the event each day, as we did not have the ability to drive. The morning breakfast setup was adequate, and the coffee was great. We had a king room, with a little living room area that was as clean a hotel room as I have ever been in. Television was a large flat screen and there were a good number of channels with interesting programming, though we weren't there much to enjoy it. Very comfortable bed, quiet area for the most part, and the receptionist on duty Sunday evening fixed us a delicious light dinner from their 24/7 Gallery menu so we didn't have to go out to one of the very overpriced restaurants near the facility.

Alyson, the AGM, was outstanding. Her attention to detail, knowledge of the area and ability to help us with every detail of our stay were all qualities that are so important in customer service. I even accidentally called her on her cell phone on her day off, and she graciously offered to help me with my issue (I didn't let her however :) She is the representative we all hope to encounter when we are traveling, at every venue.

This was a business trip for us, and our working days were long and arduous; it was wonderful to have a shuttle ride each way to the trade show, and to come into our well-lit, comfortable, clean room at the end of the day was a relief. We slept well, and were able to recharge for the next day. We will definitely stay at the Hyatt Place in Columbus again next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
A million thanks for your five star review! We all truly enjoyed having you with us at the Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington over the Equine Affair weekend. I also personally enjoyed our conversations during your shuttle pickups from the fair. You, your husband, and your friend were so sweet and it was really my pleasure to have gotten to know you. I have also passed on the great remarks to Jennifer Yannayon, our Director of Sales. I know we will see you next year!!

All the Best,
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let me start out by saying Hotels.com gave me directions to the WRONG hotel! The e-mail gave us directions to Hyatt Place/OSU. It was such a hassle to have to drive to another hotel 20 minutes away after arriving to what we thought was our hotel. But, that's Hotels.com's fault. We tried getting our reservations switched to the OSU location, however they wouldn't allow it, but oh well. Once we got to the right hotel, everything was great. Check in was easy and quick, we got to choose what floor we wanted so we chose the top floor away from any elevators. The room was clean, but it was weird how the sink was outside of the bathroom. The bed was comfy. I liked the swivel flat screen TV. We got the free breakfast in the morning. Just a couple muffins, cereal and granola. It was all good though :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you had trouble making it to our hotel without hassle. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us once you made it to our property. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Booking was great because we had to change our reservation dates and received a discount on our stay. The suite was very comfortable. We enjoyed a movie and cocktails before dinner and after dinner. The only thing I missed was a microwave in the suite. We enjoyed our stay and will come back again.

• Stayed February 2013
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Columbus. We are happy to hear that the in house food and beverages make your stay more comfortable and convenient. Please let us know when you will be visiting again and we would be more than happy to place one of our microwaves for borrow in your room.

Warmest Regards,
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed one night. This is a typical Hyatt Place, affordable and comfortable. It is 20 min from the airport, which is further than the 10 miles that is stated on the hotel's website.

This chain has a living room space and a bedroom that is semi-detached. The room is spacious and is a great value. There are numerous big chain restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the property and it is right off the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are so pleased to hear that our location offers the amenities and restaurants that you enjoy. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus.

Warmest Regards,
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

i stayed here two nights during a weekend seminar. very pleased with the quietness, spacious room, breakfast, personnel. it was all very good. i liked that they offer free shuttle rides to a 5 mile radius-saved me a car rental. if you taxi from the airport, blue cab has a special reduced rate to the hyatt which i also appreciated. would recomm. staying here. fyi-no indoor pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for giving some insight as to which cab service could be the cheapest from the airport. That will definitely save future guests some money! I am so happy that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and great service. We live Hyatt places for their room set up but the service at this one was great for my wife and our son. The front desk accommodated their needs upon arrival. We would happily choose this hotel again

• Stayed January 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was that of quality. We strive to exceed each and every guest's needs, while making a genuine connection. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed four nights--originally going to stay three, but snow kept us there an extra day. We had stayed at an amazing Hyatt Place hotel in New York state several months before and were thinking it would be the same quality. This property has many nice features, but the room we had the first three nights did not impress us as much.

There's many great features to the hotel: Superb staff, nice breakfast (I wish they had real butter, though), great TV, pretty rooms. Unfortunately the double bed my husband and I shared was very small and uncomfortable. Time for a new mattress. There was no shampoo in the room and no pen for us to write something down with.

The last night we switched to a king bed and our son stayed on the pull-out couch. Much, much better.

The bathrooms in the hotel are miniscule.

Still, I'd stay here again. Just be aware that the double beds are very small.

Room Tip: Go for a king bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that the initial bed type gave you and your husband a hard time. I am glad that we were able to switch you into a King the last night of your stay. I truly look forward to your next visit and please let me know personally when you are returning and I will make sure we get you into the bed type that treated you well.

614-846-4355

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington? Share your experiences!