“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and great service. We live Hyatt places for their room set up but the service at this one was great for my wife and our son. The front desk accommodated their needs upon arrival. We would happily choose this hotel again

• Stayed January 2013
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was that of quality. We strive to exceed each and every guest's needs, while making a genuine connection. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

614-846-4355

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed four nights--originally going to stay three, but snow kept us there an extra day. We had stayed at an amazing Hyatt Place hotel in New York state several months before and were thinking it would be the same quality. This property has many nice features, but the room we had the first three nights did not impress us as much.

There's many great features to the hotel: Superb staff, nice breakfast (I wish they had real butter, though), great TV, pretty rooms. Unfortunately the double bed my husband and I shared was very small and uncomfortable. Time for a new mattress. There was no shampoo in the room and no pen for us to write something down with.

The last night we switched to a king bed and our son stayed on the pull-out couch. Much, much better.

The bathrooms in the hotel are miniscule.

Still, I'd stay here again. Just be aware that the double beds are very small.

Room Tip: Go for a king bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that the initial bed type gave you and your husband a hard time. I am glad that we were able to switch you into a King the last night of your stay. I truly look forward to your next visit and please let me know personally when you are returning and I will make sure we get you into the bed type that treated you well.

614-846-4355
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I wanted management to know how great the staff is, Lauren D is the BEST at what she does, when I'm in town I choose this location because of the service provided by her. She is a true asset to the company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge Lauren D. as an incredible asset to our hotel. We all feel very lucky to have her on our staff. I will definitely be posting your comments for her and my staff to see.

Happy Holidays,
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

stayed here for a soccer tournament and was central location to both playing fields. Staff was very professional and polite. Free breakfast was included and the breakfast was good and all items were kept replenished even though there were large crowds and several children (soccer remember) I am disabled and the accessible room was ideal had a tub but with a shower chair and hand held shower. Rooms were tastefully decorated and quiet. Even with the team roaming around we did not hear anything. There was also a political convention at the same time and we did not hear any noise from them either. Front desk checked in the tour bus and still assisted individual guests. Overall was one of the best experiences I've had at a Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I can assure you that my staff always does their absolute best to create a welcoming experience to every guest. Busy weekends like you encountered are our most difficult times to provide this service and it's great to hear that we accomplished just that! We very much look forward to your next visit, whether it be with us, or any other Hyatt property.

Happy Holidays!
Dania Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived at 11.30pm which I was very tired and I wanted to go to sleep right away. I turned of all the lights and went to bed and realized that there was a noisy coming from the bathroom. I tried to find a switch to turn it off but there was no luck that is why I called the front desk and Jason answered the call very kind and professionally. I explained my situation and he came right away to take a look to see if he can do something about it. He said he would check the other rooms and if any of them any better he would change our room. Unfortunately other room was also had the same thing because that was something general which all the rooms have the same thing. Fan in the bathroom never stops. I couldn't sleep almost all night. I really didn't want to go to another hotel because i was already so tired. In the morning right before we checked out my husband wanted to explain our problem but the lady at the desk said "this is how it is in all the rooms, did you want to use same credit card? " Yes nothing else. At least she could apologize or she could say she would address this problem to the management but nope that was it. Thank you for the headache! I believe in this hotel money is more important then hospitality.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper do not pick this hotel because fan in the bathroom never stops.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the lack of sleep you had while staying at our property. At the very least, you more than certainly should have received an apology at check out for the inconvenience you had during your stay. Please know that your feedback has already been used as an example of what service not to give. It is also being used in an upcoming staff meeting and we will describe what we could have offered for your service breakdown, including an apology. I hope that we will have another chance to give you the very best service possible. Please contact me personally for further compensation and perhaps to book another stay.
Warmest Regards,
614-846-4355 ext.5105
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

After driving 15 hours non stop from Florida, my son and I walked into the lobby to see 2 young ladies working or i should say just standing around at the front desk. No greeting of any kind from either one not so much a smile. I stated that I had a reservation I was told not so politely that there were no clean rooms that check in was not until 3 pm. That is fine but not once was I asked for my name or maybe a courtesy pre-check in. All that they said is I could try calling at 1 or 2 maybe there would be a room ready, I think maybe they could do the courtesy of calling me! As a platinum card holder of quite a few years I would expect a lot more from Hyatt and their staff. I was redeeming reward points 5k per night. Would not recommend this property with so many other choices near by

• Stayed September 2012
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your trip to Columbus. I look forward to your next visit and I am confident that we will impress you and your family with only the best service you have come to expect as a Platinum member. I sincerely apologize for the lack hospitality that was apparent during your check in. Platinum members are our most loyal guests. I have searched our data base and feel that I have located your information and I will be contacting you through email today to recover from the service breakdown that you encountered. I hope that you can accept my sincerest apologies and I would love to be given another chance to make your next stay wonderful.
Asst. General Manager
614-846-4355 ext. 5105
Springfield Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great hotel. I stayed there twice. Fridge in room, rooms are big, clean, and the staff is excellent. Breakfast is excellent too with tons of choices and breakfast sandwhiches with ham, or bacon. Tons of restaurants to eat at in the area. Just off the interstate too. I stayed at six hotels over ten days and this was by far the best one. Great LG big flat screen TV and a couch with a big ottoman. Nice pool, but it was too cold to get into it at night. This hotel was just about perfect for my wife & me.

Room Tip: Stayed twice on the main floor and second floor. No problems with noise or anything else.If they are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed all of the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington? Share your experiences!