“no worries here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
dayton, oh
“no worries here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

I noticed thru Orbitz a cheaper rate. I called the hotel directly. They asked me if we would like a price match! Everything was nice. Staff very friendly. One of nicest places that I have ever stayed yet very affordable!

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Hotel had just opened a week or so before our stay. A few of the light fixtures were missing in the hallway and the television stations were not as printed. New rooms were huge. No tub, but instead a huge floor level shower stall. Nice flat screen TV in the corner of the bedfroom. Usual breakfast, nothing fancy, but clean and filling. A bit difficult to find on the east side of the highway, but we managed. Just wish they would have included a fridge in the room.

• Liked — Clean and close to many Columbus attractions
  • Disliked — Needs a fridge in the room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Cincinnati Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We made a last minute reservation in April, 2008 on our way to Columbus to visit COSI and the Zoo with the little kids for their spring break. Technically the hotel wasn't supposed to offically open until the next day but they took us. We were among the lucky first guests and it was a wonderful experience Beauituful hotel, top of the line of all hamptons i've stayed in, great staff, so helpful and friendly.

When we got in our brand new room the little guy with us immediately ran to the bathroon and got himself locked in! It seemed as though the room was so new they hadn't got a chance to put a door handle on both sides and when it closed it locked him in. It was actually comical and the manager was in our room like seconds after we called the desk for help and they had it fixed in no time. He offered us a different room but we felt it was no biggie, just working out the kinks of a new building so we stayed and they fixed it while the kids swam in the beautiful pool . What I thought was very sweet was the manager brought a stack of brand new coloring books and crayons to the kids to make up for the inconvience. He felt terrible that a little boy got locked in the bathroom for a few minutes but it was just one of those little oops and we all had a good laugh over it. It was a sweet gesture that the kids enjoyed and gave us some unexpected peace and quite as they colored happily at the desk for a long time that evening. Lol.

We are going back to Columbus in a couple months and intend to stay at this hotel again and look forward to it. It is in a very nice , safe convienent location and as I said before, the nicest Hampton ever. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Liked — Everything, great hotel and staff
  • Disliked — no complaints at all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inn rooms I have seen. We booked a suite which had two bathrooms, a wet bar, a bedroom with a whirlpool, and a separate living room area. The bathrooms were done in marble and granite. It was a very nice hotel.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I have no complaints with this hotel at all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. After my experience here, I tend to stay with the Hampton chain.

My only problem was that I left a remote control to my radio in the room. I called the next day and asked if housekeeping had found it. I got the run around and they never did help me find my remote control. This was not a busy weekend and the rooms were not filled. I'm sure our room was not booked to other guests. The hotel staff just didn't want to help with this matter.

• Liked — Our room was wonderful
  • Disliked — Service from the staff - "after the sale"
  • Stayed February 2008
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed at this Hampton for a recent business trip to Columbus. As the other reviews stated, this is a brand new facility, and they are doing a nice job keeping it that way. Rooms are up to usual Hampton standards with extra pillows, comfy beds, etc. Nice selection at breakfast- not all carbs like a lot of places serve for breakfast. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient- even asked if I had been inconvenienced since they were resurfacing the parking lot that date (and I wasn't- plenty of parking close by was maintained for guests). No problem recommending this Hampton for other travelers. Also- it is easy access on/off highway, close to Polaris shopping, about a 10 minute drive to Easton shopping as well.

• Liked — Comforts of a Hampton
  • Disliked — air conditioner going on/off all night- really can't help it in this setting.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Dublin, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

This Hampton Inn is only a few months old, so everything is shiny and new.

Pool - There is an indoor pool and hot tub - very nice with full length glass surrounding the area so you almost feel you are outside. Nice lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas are strewn throughout. Large, fluffy towels.

Room - Granite counter in the bathroom (yes, in a Hampton). The shower was long but a little narrow - no tub. Bed linens were high quality and snuggy. Flat screen TV.

Fitness Center - 2 treadmills, eliptical and weights are available.

Business Center - A few computers here to access the internet. Internet access is also provided in the room if you brought your own computer.

Breakfast - Pretty much what you would expect for a Hampton - oatmeal, cereal, pastries, muffins, biscuits, waffles, one meat, bananas, apples and cut up oranges. The eating area was very nice - plenty of tables, a two-sided fireplace and of course everything looks great since it's new.

It's fun to stay in a brand new hotel, so if heading to the Polaris area I would highly recommend checking this one out.

• Liked — Brand new
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!