“Nice and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
United States
“Nice and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

So nice to have a hotel right across the street from where I had my training. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows so fluffy, I slept very well. I was kind of worried when I opened my room and there was a funky smell. Everything seemed so clean and in order, but it was not a fresh smell. It went away as I ran the air for a few hours and when I came back to my room I could not sense it as bad as the first time I walked in. Anyway, I checked all over and it all seemed to be clean and in order. I was just there for business, so I only spent time there to sleep and make myself ready for my training across the street. It was very convenient to have a hotel within walking distance. All the people that work at this hotel were extremely nice and polite and made me feel welcome and safe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for posting about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I have contacted you privately so that I can follow up regarding the room issue you had, just in case you didnt have time to report.
Deedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Impressed with look of hotel. Breakfast very good and room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The Bly problem, and it was minor, was that our door was very difficult to open from both in and outside. This would be a five other than this problem. Pool and workout room were also very nice. My next stay in Columbus will definitely be here.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing us again and sharing your review. I have emailed you privately to ask if you had time to report this maintanence item, We want to be sure to have it repaired.
Dayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we arrived, we were pleased to find we had been upgraded to a suite for our anniversary! The woman at the desk was so, so kind and helpful. Once we checked into our spacious, clean, and cool suite complete with desk, couch, and HUGE bathroom space, we changed into our swimming suits. We were able to relax in the clean and very nice hot tub and swimming pool area until 11 p.m.! Very late for a hotel... :-) Luckily, no kids were running around, so it was pretty romantic and relaxing. Once it was time for sleep... the bed was SO COMFORTABLE!! Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. Other than the standard (but still yummy!) continental breakfast fare of bagels, pastries, yogurts, fruit and cereals.. there was also eggs, sausage, and a waffle-making station. A DELICIOUS waffle-making station. Checking out was a breeze and we were able to buy discounted tickets to the Zoo... great trip! :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your annaversary with us! Hopefully we will see you again next year.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The pool is great for young children. Hampton in had a very nice breakfast buffet (especially loved the cinnamon rolls). And the location was great. We had visited the zoo that day and the next we went to the American Girl Doll store. The room was clean, and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Polaris is a great area for shopping, dining and things to do. I am so glad you were able to enjoy it all during your stay.
We hope to see you again soon
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked a room there as part of a surprise weekend for my husband. The hotel staff was amazing. They even offered to help in any way to maintain the surprise. Nice breakfast area with friendly staff. We only stayed one night but it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will be our guest again soon!
Youngstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night with my husband and two daughters (9 and 6) following the Ohio State Game, and we’d definitely go back.

The location itself is great. It’s on a “hotel row” of sorts, just moments from Polaris. Polaris Fashion Place mall is fantastic and so is the “strip” it’s on – countless retailers and restaurants. Everything in this area is clean, new and lively with people. (I wished we lived closer!)

The hotel was great. I’d recommend for business or personal travel. The room was neat, clean and modern with a spacious/clean bathroom, flat screen TV, desk, coffee pot, etc. The beds were comfortable and offered a choice of flatter stomach-sleeper pillows and fuller pillows as well. Two things I really liked were: 1) notes stating the that duvet covers and sheets were freshly washed for our visit and; 2) moist towelettes were set out to wipe down the TV remote, alarm clock, etc.

The front desk staff was friendly, and the lobby offered a free breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold selections including eggs, make-your-own waffles, sausage, cereals, bagels, oatmeal, Danishes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, etc.

We didn’t use the pool/whirlpool, but it looked very inviting – clean, spacious and plenty of seating. One personal pet peeve of mine is when the indoor pool area has puddles of sitting water. That was non-existent here.

We’d definitely recommend and would definitely return to this location if visiting Columbus again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay during the Ohio State Buckeye game! Polaris is a super easy communte to the stadium. As you mentioned tons of dining and things to do. I hope you will choose to be our guest again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mom, daughter and I enjoyed a back-to-school shopping trip to Columbus in August. We picked this Hampton Inn because of it's fabulous location just across form the Polaris mall and all of the other shopping nearby. We'll return to this Hampton Inn because of the comfortable beds, clean rooms and friendly / service-oriented staff! Thank you Hampton!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Polaris is destination shopping! We are so glad you enjoyed our location and amenities. Hopefully you can return for some Holiday shopping as well!