“Middle-Class Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Middle-Class Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed in many Hampton Inns, and this is one of the best! The rooms are always clean, and they seem to be recently remodeled. I've always been greeted by a friendly staff and a large, quiet room. Breakfast is always good, and I like how they change some items. For example, during one stay, the breakfast meat was sausage, another time it was ham.

The area is near everything, which can make for some heavy traffic.

Overall, a great location and a wonderful value!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to share! Polaris is a great area of to stay. Our guest service agents also have some great tips to get around while you are here.
We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came for a return visit after a great experience last spring -- clean, comfortable, predictable. Love the personal tvs on the fitness machines. The only negative was that the breakfast was lacking this time (out of several things, cold oatmeal, watery orange juice). We came at 9:30, and breakfast was served until 10:00.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much taking the time to share your review of our hotel! Our goal is for our breakfast to be full and inviting from open to close every day. We fell short of that during your stay and I am very sorry. I will make sure to share your comments with our team.
We are really glad to hear that we provided an otherwise great return visit.
We hope to see you again soon,
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at numerous Hampton Inns and all have been dependable; this one proved to be top-notch. We stayed for one Saturday night, AAA cost was $93.60 plus tax. Our request for fresh bedding including the bed cover was addressed. This could be part of the regular cleaning process, but I'm particular about this so I put in a special request for it. We found the mattress to be very comfortable. Room was clean. Coffee and breakfast was available early, 5:45 a.m. Coffee was good; breakfast was normal for Hampton Inn. I would give it a five star rating if breakfast could be improved upon. We did not use free internet or swimming pool. The only sad thing is the freshly-made cookies are not available on the weekends. We highly recommend staying at this Hampton and would stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 408. Fan was a little loud but probably normal; heat/air-conditioning is adjustabl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We appreicate your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always looking for ways to enhance our complimentary breakfast offering. We always welcome your specfic ideas or suggestions.
We hope to have your as your guest again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Warm, friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are large and comfortable. Front desk staff make sure I am getting the best rate, and often upgrade the room when able. Breakfast and work out facilities tops. Everyone on staff is engaging, and remembers you if you return for another stay. It's as close to being home when you cannot be at home. I travel alot, and have stayed at other Hampton Inn's (as well as other hotel chains), and this is my favorite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hello Karen,
This is the experience that we want you to have when you choose to be our guest. I hope you will always feel free to let us know what we can do to make your stay more comfortable during your visits.
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently spent one night here for business and it was very nice. Extremely helpful staff, clean well appointed room and excellent location. Would definitely recommend it. Rooms are all easy to access and no playing parking lot roulette to be near the right door.

Room Tip: If you have serious smoke allergies, do be warned even the non-smoking rooms still have a bit of od...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We very much value your comments. I would really like to know which room you stayed in so that we could address the odor issue. In the meantime I've shared your comments with our team, so that we can be sure all of our rooms are fresh and clean smelling.
Novi, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I thought this Hampton Inn was a little nicer than many I have stayed in. Our room and bathroom were large, wifi connected easily, the beds were very comfortable and the room was unusually quiet.

The lobby area was nice and large enough so it didn't feel crowded even during the breakfast rush. I liked that there were several stations set up - one counter for eggs, one for waffles, one for oatmeal and cereal, so you really didn't have to stand in line. The pre-made omlettes were fine and the oatmeal and fresh fruit were good. Coffee and tea were always available.

The pool was a typical small pool but looked nice and clean. I was sorry I didn't get a chance to use it. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Even though we were near the elevator, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We really appreciate and value your feedback. I hope you can come back to stay with us again soon!
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Polaris to attend Winterfair. The hotel was a little more than I normally would have wanted to spend for just one night as a means to spend more time shopping, however, this hotel won me over. When we checked in, they had cookies waiting and the room was extremely clean and very well maintained. Not only did they have the basics but there were conveniences such as a place to charge cell phones, Kindle, etc. on the nightstand and wipes to sanitize the phone and remote. The linens and bed were cozier than what I have at home The staff not only recommended a restaurant, they supplied me with a coupon for it - that has never happened to me before. Another review of this hotel mentioned something about a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Our room did not have either of these, but I assume that perhaps that review was referencing a suite? In any case, we weren't in the room long enough to miss either. Breakfast the next morning was excellent - lots of choices and, once again, staff right there to offer plain scrambled eggs as well as a fancier version of the same thing - no they weren't the real thing but hotel breakfast bars aren't set up for that either. I would definitely return and kudos to all the staff for their excellent attitudes toward customer service. What a treat to find people so willing to help.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
It is always our goal to provide the best in service and amenties for our guests. Feedback from our valued guests is one of the best ways for us to accomplish this goal.
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Deedee

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!