“Even Better the Second Time” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Go Ape Zoo Package!
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Defiance, Ohio
“Even Better the Second Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and will make reservations again there. The location is wonderful, close to a myriad of shops and restaurants and right off of I-71. It's a little hard to spot, at first, because it sits behind a Wingate Hotel, but because of that location, it is quiet without the traffic noise. Our room was a lovely king room with a huge bathroom, all very clean and fresh looking. The desk clerks were especially helpful in giving us maps of the area for shopping and eating places and one even did a quick internet search for us. The hotel does offer an office area with two computers for the public, a nice exercise area and a pool. You won't be disappointed in the breakfast here - lots of variety in foods and a large eating space. The breakfast was well-attended, too, so areas were constantly refreshed. The first time we were here, there was a mix-up in our reservation so we were upgraded to a suite; now THAT was nice. We love this place. It's our go-to hotel for Columbus visits.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
It is a real pat on the back when we have return guests! It is our pleasure to earn this privledge! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge of our area and our property with the TripAdvisor community.
I hope that you will always let us know how we can best care for you while you are in Columbus.
Take care and see you soon!
Deedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Anderson, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

It is a good lesson that one should check and re-check your personal items when you leave your room. We unfortunately left a two items in our room which was a cell phone charger and a very nice blouse. I called Housekeeping and left a message describing the cell phone charger. They called me back and said they found a charger and would mail it to me. When I received the charger over a week later, it was a very old dated charger that did not even work. Also, the charge on my credit card was $16.19 and I couldn't help but think as to why they didn't use a bubble pack envelope and send it regular mail. Regarding the second item, it was never found.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel service and amenties. We appreciate your time. I am very concerned to hear of the stuggles you encountered in regards to the return of your left items. I want to help you receive the correct items if I can. We keep all left guest items for 90 days. Please contact myself or Lawrence at the hotel so that we can work to get your left items back to you. Our phone number is 614-885-8400. I am so very sorry for these errors and I thank you very much for the antisipated opportunity to make it right.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This property was very clean and comfortable. The king bed was excellent. The room was very quiet. The hot tub was hot and the pool was just right. This was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I am so pleased to hear you had a restful time with us. We are very near shopping, OSU stadium and the Columbus Zoo. All fun things to do and visit during the winter months. I hope we will have the opporunity to have you as our guest again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay here! Never have I seen such a friendly staff or cleaner rooms! The location was right next to many nice restaurants and the very cool North Market.

• Stayed September 2011
Thanks so much for your positive review of our property and team. We look forward to having you again as our guest.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

For the past several years, we've made this Hampton Inn north of Columbus our regular overnight stay on our trips up to Buffalo, NY. The kids love the pool and hot tub. They love the waffles at breakfast. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel to choose from. The rooms are what you'd expect at a Hampton Inn. This isn't a place for a holiday, of course, but for an overnight on a road trip, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am really pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and amenties! Your feedback is what helps us deliver on our promise of a great experience during your stays!!! We do have some great options to stay in Buffalo as well. You can find us in a search for Buffalo Lodging LLC, which our ownership. I hope we can have you as our guests in Buffalo as well.
Take care and we hope to see you again!

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. The check-in was very fast and very cordial. The room was modern and very clean, with an exceptionally handsome bathroom. As is becoming more common in new properties, there was a shower but no tub. The shower floor was textured so that you don't slip. There were plenty of towels, though there was no towel bar by the sink; there were hooks a few feet away. The rooms were quiet and the breakfast was extensive. It is nice to see several fresh fruits among the choices, and they had long hours (6-10). The staff at the front desk and in the dining area are very friendly and helpful. There are two computers in the business center and a printer is available. We didn't use the free wi-fi. The pool looked clean and airy, with nice long hours (6 am - 11 pm).The hotel is a little hard to find, but that means that it is away from the noisy highways.

The hotel directory emphasizes the "green" efforts of the hotel. Yet, when we got to our room, every light was on, the room was colder than necessary, and, for some reason, the drawers were open. It was disconcerting---we wondered if we had been assigned to an occupied room. I guess this was to look inviting, but it seemed like a waste of energy. One other quibble: the black-out curtains are a little short, so they let more light in the room than I'd like.

Overall, though, this is a wonderful hotel. I noticed from a plaque on the wall it was recognized by Hampton as in their top 10%. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Our team appreciates your great feedback regarding our hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and enhance the experience we provide guests. It is feedback like this that helps us succeed in these efforts.
As part of our quality assurance efforts we inspect the cleaned check out rooms every day. The lights on and drawers open are part of the beginning of this process. I apologize that this was not completed before you checked in. I will share this with team so that we can be more careful in the future.
We look forward to having you again soon as our guest!
Take care
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Everything was great nice frontdesk people...........clean room............nice "free" breakfast. The only small complaint I have is that they took my creditcard and preapproved a charge for "just in case" which there were none. One day was 10 dollars and the next was 15 dollars..........what was wrong with one dollar that the gas stations usually charge??? Of course these charges were gone after 72 hours, but it did upset me. BUT other then that it was a very nice hotel............close to major highway and nice restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms nice.