“Good Quality Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Connecticut
“Good Quality Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Overall, the experience was what I expected. This hotel is located within an office complex north of downtown Columbus. It was relatively new, clean, comfortable and quiet. There are plenty of restaurants and services nearby, and a shopping mall down the road. The staff was friendly and polite. The bed was comfortable. The room was spacious (I had a suite) and well appointed for the price point. The gym was very well equipped, brightly lit and pleasant. I would return if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thanks so much for your feedback. A quality experience is exactly what we strive for. I am so glad we hit the mark during your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Deedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

A good Hampton, for sure, but no outdoor pool and we were a little surprised that the paper products were a little cheap feeling. The towels are nice and soft, and not too big, and they provide nice bath products. Jennifer at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was good....even had some nice, fresh-cut strawberries!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to share you stay at our hotel. Our guests asked for more fresh items at breakfast. We answered by having more fresh fruit offereings. I am really glad to hear your positive feedback!! Right now we are able to get some really great blackberry and it is so far a great season for oranges.
Our location can be tricky the first time, since we are a newer hotel. Some GPS have trouble with that. A great landmark to look for is the Office of Polaris sign directly off of the parkway. we are also visable from Polaris parkway..
We look forward to having you as our guest when you are in Columbus next time!
Deedee.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in a 2 bed queen suite with 5 people. We had plenty of space in the room and the room was immaculate. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. They were very clean. The breakfast was great and the girl in charge of putting food out kept up with everything right up until breakfast time was over. The kids loved the complimentary hot chocolate in the evening as well. We loved the location. We spent the entire day at Cosi which was only about a 10-15 minute drive. We also spent a lot of time shopping at the huge Polaris mall right down the street from the Hampton. There were also tons of restaurants on this exit. I will definitely stay here again if needed!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hi,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and went the extra mile to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback means alot to the entire team here!
Our spacious suites are great for families. We do hope you'll be able to come again. We are really close to the Columbus Zoo and Zoombeezi Bay Waterpark, in case you need an excuse to be here! ;) Hope to see you soon!
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

A group of our friends stayed here for the Equine Affaire. After driving in from Detroit and staying at the event till 10:00 p.m., it was great to walk into a beautiful, clean room! The two queen double suites I rented couldn't have been nicer. The beds are wonderful and comfy and the rooms were so spacious - lots of room for our teens and their "stuff"!
In the morning, the breakfast bar was well stocked with hot and cold items and the staff keep the coffee coming, even during the busiest times. The girls enjoyed the pool which was clean, and nicely decorated with lots of windows and natural light.
All of our group commented to me on what a great stay it was - I felt like a hero for picking it out for us!

Room Tip: The queen double suite was huge!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
This kind of review defines the kind of experience that we strive to create. We want to provide the kind of hospitality that makes you feel welcome and well cared for. Thank you so very much for sharing these nice things with us!
These Queen Suites are exceptional choices for families. I will share with you that they book quickly so book early if you can.
We will look forward to having you as our guest again during next years Equine Affair.
Take care and Happy Travels!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with our family for the Miami/Ohio State football game. The hotel is very well maintained and the hotel staff is very friendly. They did not even give us a hard time for being Miami Hurricane fans and actually helped us find some great spots to eat.

I was very impressed with the knowledge of the hotel manager when I spoke with her during breakfast. She was extremely customer focused and ensured we had a great stay. This Hampton represented what we have come to expect from Hampton Inn - high quality, comfort and friendly service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
DeedeeDeCoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thanks for the nice review of our hotel. OSU football weekends are always alot of fun for the guests and staff. I hope that you might have time to come up in the spring or summer, the Cols Zoo is and Zoombeezi Bay waterpark are right down the road from us....and you know "We love having you here!"
Cleveland, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I selected this hotel based on the high rating but I was disappointed. First, when I arrived, I was told the room type I had requested was not available because the hotel was sold out and they had some stay-over guests. I also requested a room on an upper floor away from the elevator. I tried to negotiate a discount but they front desk wouldn't budge. I ended up with a room on the 2nd floor right next to the elevator. You could hear the sound of the elevator and the counter-weights all night long. When I asked for a different room I was told none were available.

A number of reviewers complimented the cleanliness of the hotel. Not in my room. There were crumbs on the floor and on the small chair. I'm not sure the floor was vacuumed after the last guest. The shower stall also had razor stubble on the wall and along the seams.

Breakfast was very pedestrian and a little below average for a Hampton. There was an egg mix with tortillas that were supposed to be used for breakfast burritos but it was not good. The regular coffee pot was empty by 6:50 AM and was not refilled while I was there.

When I arrived at the hotel it was dark outside and I never looked out the windows. In the morning I could hear rain and wanted to see how bad it was falling. The pics have the view, or rather lack of, out my window.

When I checked out I wanted to talk to someone else at the front desk. I figured the 100% satisfaction guarantee would mean something. I waited around by the reception desk for 5 minutes but no one was there. The door to the back room was closed. I finally left my keys on the desk and left.

I'll be 100% satisfied by staying somewhere else the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DeedeeDeCoito, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our intention to ensure our guests expereince a clean, comfortable and inviting stay during each visit with us. I am so very sorry to hear of the several problems that you encountered during your stay. These items are unacceptable. I do hope that you will email or call me at the hotel, so that I can make this right.
We appreciate and will use your feedback to correct the issues that you had experienced during your stay.
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

This Hampton Inn is located in a newer commercial area with excellent access to the nearby interstate. It is located within a cluster of other new hotels/motels. In fact, in addition to this Hampton, you will also find a brand new Hilton Garden Inn and a new Hilton within this cluster. I normally stay at HGI properties, but based on the Tripadvisor reviews I rolled the dice and stayed here - and I was happy I did. This Hampton lived up to and/or exceeded the reviews and my own expectations.

I had a "junior suite" on the 5th floor of this new 6 floor hotel. I recommend you pay the small additional amount for the huge space and comfort the junior suites offer. I found it to be an excellent value. There is plenty of free and convenient parking. The hotel is set back from roads and well away from the freeway, so the setting is very quiet.

Check-in took less than a minute and the two guys on the front desk were friendly and yet professional. The main floor offers a free business center, guest laundry, and fitness center, along with an area where the hotel offers a free breakfast. All common areas were "like new".

My own room was clean and well maintained. What I especially liked was the work desk chair which, unlike the hard-as-a-rock chairs in HGI properties, was a very comfortable and nicely padded chair. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. My bedding (duvet) was spotless and comfortable and provided a great night's sleep. The small coffee/sink area was similarly spotless and what I liked was that Hampton offers coffee/water cups that are single-use and sealed in plastic bags - there is no wondering whether housekeeping really cleaned/replaced the glasses/coffee cups. The rooms also feature a small fridge, a microwave, and a large HD flat panel TV.

While the location is not in the central/core of Columbus, and is perhaps 15 - 20 minutes from the airport, I found the location to be perfect for my needs. And in all respects, this Hampton Inn was everything and more that previous reviewers have mentioned as positives. I have been staying at Hilton properties for nearly 35 years and I am a long-standing Diamond HHonors member. I can honestly say that this Hampton ranks at or near the top among all of the Hilton-branded properties I've stayed at. I strongly recommend this hotel to you!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you took to write this wonderful review! I am excited to share your comment with the entire team. I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon. Columbus in the spring is quite nice!
Deedee

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!