“What a Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland
“What a Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stay in Columbus frequently between work and having a Buckeye. My husband and I decided to overnight in Columbus to celebrate my son's and my birthday, which fell on a Friday and Saturday this year. I used Priceline, knowing I wanted to stay downtown. My $58 bid was accepted for Residence Inn in downtown. I never knew about this hotel. It isn't where the majority of downtown hotels are, but being Columbus nothing downtown is far. What a great hotel! Our room was fantastic. Much more than we needed for only an overnight stay, but the wiggle room was appreciated. Its nice to have a choice about sitting on the bed or on a comfortable chair. The hotel itself is so unique. You can see all the bank remnants. Their breakfast bar is set up in the vault! And what a nice breakfast! It included pancakes, waffles, eggs and sausage in addition to the usual foods. I hope to stay there on the next visit. Oh, and street parking was easy to find. My husband did have to slip out at 8 a.m. to feed the meter on Saturday morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
sgrodek,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you and your husband had a nice, comfortable stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm glad you liked our unique hotel, spacious suites, and delicious breakfast. I hope you had a nice time in Columbus too! Please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Robert Kennedy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is beautiful...historic and unique. The staff was kind and accomodating and the rooms were nicely decorated. Our only complaint is in regard to the less-than-clean appearance of the room. The coffee maker, and fronts of appliances didn't look like they'd been washed/wiped down recently. Lots of dust on tables etc. and hair left in bathroom. If the room had been cleaner, we would have rated the hotel excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LoveKeyWest55,
Thank you for staying with us at Residence Inn and writing a review about your visit. We're glad you chose to stay with us and liked our hotel. I apologize for the housekeeping issues and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will review your comments with our staff and look for improvements in this area. We enjoyed having you as our guests, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to stay here again. Rooms are fantastic. Almost like staying in a small apartment. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. One of the best values for the money as far as hotels go that I've been to.

• Stayed January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Sweetlu4,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn, and we're glad your visit was enjoyable. Thank you for letting other viewers know of our great hotel and great value. We hope you'll visit us again for another exceptional stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Upon entrance to our room the lighting and red decor immediately set a really nice mood - it is a renovated Residence Inn by Marriott. Everything seemed to be new and neat. We were a party of three with enough space to each call our temporary own - the room included a sleeper sofa. The made-to-order hot breakfast was great after a late night out in Columbus. In fact, we were able to cook our leftovers properly in the full kitchen! I would definitely stay in this Residence again.

Room Tip: Map out parking entrance, it can be tricky.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
explorepossibilities,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Residence Inn and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our renovated hotel and found our suites spacious and comfortable. I hope you and your party enjoyed Columbus and plan to return. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Lebanon, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel was awesome, the room was fab, but the best part was the service! Nate Wise was very accommodating and entertaining, and made sure our stay was nothing but the best. We came to Columbus for a girls getaway/Christmas shopping weekend, and the Residence Inn was in a great location for that. Shopping at Easton, dinner at the Elevator Brewery, and hanging out with Nate and the Residence Inn staff at the front made our weekend so memorable!

Room Tip: Pick the top floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
HeatherLebanon_OH,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you and your friends chose to stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel and wonderful staff. I'll make sure to give Nate a special commendation for his outstanding service and appreciate you highlighting his work. I hope you had a great, memorable weekend with your friends and plan to schedule another getaway. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is THE most unusual Residence Inn I've ever stayed in. When I say unusual, I mean unusual in a good way!! This hotel is obviously a Residence Inn...but the building has been renovated, while retaining some if its very unique and appealing. Great stay in Downtown Columbus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
bearclaw6672,
Thank you for writing a review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel and had a pleasant visit. We welcome you to visit us again the next time you're in Columbus.
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the second I walked in the door to the moment I left, the staff here bent over backwards to please me. I asked about a convenience store when I arrived and they gave me walking directions for two... were closed (it was just after 8 pm on a weeknight so apparently all of downtown Columbus shuts down at that time). When they found out they'd sent me on a wild goose chase, they gave me complimentary snacks and beverages. In the morning when I needed to attend a trade show and found out that boxes had not made it from Fed Ex, they did everything in their power to get me those boxes! They even had their valet driver bring them to me at the convention center. Brian, Nate, Alex and Ashley...you are the most gracious hosts I have ever encountered.

So that's the staff, what about the digs? The building is an old bank, complete with vaults and marble and safe deposit rooms. Very cool architecture. I will stay here every time I come to Columbus!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
MaryJoBarry,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We're grateful for your kind compliments about our staff. I'll make sure to give Brian, Nate, Alex, and Ashley a special commendation for their outstanding service. We're pleased that everything worked out well for you and hope you had a successful convention. Your gracious hosts will continue to provide their best service, so we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Robert Kennedy, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!