“Excellent steaks, but definitely a destination” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Columbus, OH
“Excellent steaks, but definitely a destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I ate here on New Year's Eve before going to a concert. The service was outstanding, as were our steaks and side dishes. Adam, our waiter, really knew his menu. But this is a very expensive place to eat (OK, expensive by Columbus standards as opposed to Chicago or NYC) and serve our needs best as a destination for special events. Also, with all the adoration of sports in Columbus (especially Saint OSU), do we really need an otherwise first rate restaurant that names its steaks after sports stars?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“Good but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went to dinner for our first anniversary and I decided to have the dry aged new york strip since it was a special night. The service was good and the atmosphere was excellent. The steak was done to perfection (medium rare) but it did not have the full flavor that I expect from a dry aged steak. It also had a lot of bone and gristle which made my dog very happy but left me wanting more. My wife had the steak Tressel which she enjoyed so she made the better choice (again). Our bill was over $200 and I feel that I could have had a better meal elsewhere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, New York, USA
“Good food, good service, a bit pretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Place still packed when we arrived at 930 on a Thursday night. Waiter was charming and informed, but service--especially for drinks--very slow. Solid steakhouse food. Very noisy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Bar happy hour drinks tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Bar scene slow paced but fresh cocktails. Bartenders super attentive and never had an empty glass. Keep in mind it is a wine bar.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“Service at bar area subpar, food as well”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The bar area, Eleven, is a cozy bar where my husband and I thought we would pop in for some tapas and a cocktail on a Wednesday night. There were three open booths in the bar area and the place was not busy. We asked if we could have a booth and they said no because it was for dinner only. Understanding there may be reservations, no problem. No one ever came to those tables. The service was slow and she acted as if we were an inconvenience. My cocktail arrived half full, but I get it sometimes things like that happen. I wanted to order another cocktail, but by the time she checked back in, the moment was gone. The food was okay, nothing special except for the chocolate lava cake. That dessert almost made the evening worth it! I will note the valet guys were great. Very enjoyable and good natured. When one thing after another happens, it makes for a 3-star visit and a place that I would not visit again. Maybe it was just a bad night...

• Visited October 2013