“Weekend in Columbus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 50 Lincoln-Short North Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
50 Lincoln-Short North Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
North Canton, Ohio
“Weekend in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a great place to stay. It's quiet, clean centrally located to just about everything in the Short North. Breakfast was awesome and amazing. Never having stayed in a B&B before I can see why people love them. It's like being home while you're away. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

It's been almost 8 months since my wife and I stayed at the 50 Lincoln and I have mulled over writing a review or not?? The hospitality was warm and friendly, the breakfast was delicious, the location is ideal for walking downtown and it's a beautiful old wood frame home but something has bothered me ever since we arrived.
I've been a professional firefighter in a large urban city for over 26 years and our room was located on the third floor. Very nice room with a private bath, but no windows to escape in the case of a fire. The building is equipped with smoke alarms and two separate fire exits and is probably up to city codes but I barely slept all night.
I would have been more comfortable on the second floor but there was no rooms available. Something I need to consider next time I book a B & B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trelene, Manager at 50 Lincoln-Short North Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I am sorry I have not gotten back to your review response until now. I realize that you are a professional firefighter and know you have seen and experienced tragic situations.

I want to say that I wish I had known that you were so uncomfortable staying on the third floor this past year. You are correct in your review by stating that we certainly do pass city and state fire code and are inspected annually. The third floor as you know, was the attic, which was raised when this house was changed into a bed and breakfast. We do have skylights in each room which means we do have a window in each room. As noted before in your review we have two different steps on each side of the house, coming from the third floor for easy access to the bottom floor.

Here is hoping that you will stay with us again, and if you need a second floor room the next time, please make it guaranteed before your stay with us.

Trelene Turner
Manager
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have stayed multiple times at this wonderful B&B. It is an absolute gem! The rooms are large and well appointed. Tralene the manager is a wonderful cook, helpful with area suggestions and the perfect hostess. The location in short north arts and restaurant district is ideal to do Columbus whether there for business (close to downtown), pleasure or visiting your student at one of the local universities. We rented the whole house 7 rooms and accommodated 14 adults and 4 children easily. It was perfect for a home away from home graduation weekend celebration. The brick-lined neighborhood streets and quaint houses make walking the neighborhood a delightful entertainment option. Easy access to highways and wonderful restaurants including the famous Jenny's ice cream on the corner. Parking is included off street in back of the house a big plus in this neighborhood that you can walk to everything. We will be back again if we find ourselves in Columbus!

Stayed May 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Trelene is a fantastic host. We had a small issue with our first room, and we were immediately moved to another room. The B&B is very warm and homey. We were only in town overnight, and the central location to the Short North restaurants and shopping was priceless.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Why go to the Hilton or the Crowne Plaza when this B&B is so close. And bike share system is super close. Enjoy a ride to your meeting via bike. And enjoy lovely hospitality by Trelene. Great sleep and great breakfast in a lovely home that feels like my home.

Room Tip: I was in room 3 in the back of the house. Betting all are equally quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A big room, very comfy bed, very clean, quiet and wonderfully intense hot water pressure in the shower, which really relaxes you when you come in from the cold. As others have written, excellent location, a delicious breakfast, and the opportunity to be charmed by Trelene. She justly deserves every complement she gets on here, and I am happy to add to the chorus of praise. Thank you for a wonderful time!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Short North Bed and Breakfast numerous times for work travel. It is a perfect location, clean and so welcoming. It is like a little retreat... Trelene is such a great hostess, and is always happy to give recommendations when asked and go "over and above" for her guests. She even remembers that certain guests like certain favorites for breakfast! Hands down my favorite in Columbus.

Room Tip: There are several rooms with a day bed which is nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business