“Nice Rooms. Good breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 139 hotels in Columbus
“Nice Rooms. Good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The inside is just as pictured. Much nicer on the inside than it looks from outside. The elevator and halls were dated but our room was nicely remodeled. The comforter, sofa and carpet looked new, as did the bathroom (which was very clean). My only complaint was the amount of hairs on my sheets and the black smudges (which I assumed were makeup that should of been bleached out). The king room was very spacious. Breakfast was good with a nice variety. The girl at the desk was very nice and helpful. Overall, I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cleveland, OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

this property falls a little short of choice hotel standards, as such it could use an upgrade, namely carpets. On the good side, the breakfast was wonderful with a very good selection of items; Staff very friendly and helpful, they knew directions. Easy access into main center of town and walking distance to all German Village restuarants

Room Tip: stayed on three floor; i guess it really didn't make a difference
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jaynashushi, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We are currently in the process of making all the changes and upgrades needed to fit or exceed the new Choice Hotels brand standards.
Please visit us again and see what we are doing!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here with our dog since it is one of the dog friendly properties in the area. I really appreciate hotels that will offer that service and try to always leave the room free of any evidence my dog was there. The hotel is a basic Comfort Inn - nothing fancy. It is not a new property as some reviewers suggest. I take the stairs with my dog usually and the stairwell is not so pretty - worn and stained carpets attest to the age of the place. The room, however, was a good contrast. Large and clean for the most part. Sheets on our bed were dirty however. But the manager on duty brought new bedding no questions asked and apologized. The hotel is very close to German Village and the Brewery District. We walked to a really nice restaurant and the best bookstore I've ever been to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and your comments. We believe pets are important parts of any family and encourage people to bring them along. I would like to assure you that we are continually trying to improve and upgrade our property. Hopefully you will stay with again soon and we will make the stairwells bright and clean for you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on the way home from our Thanksgiving vacation. Got a great rate via hotels.com and booked on the road. Front desk attendant was friendly and funny, our room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. It was the best night's sleep I had gotten in the previous 4 days. The room could have used some minor maintenance but it was truly no big deal. Will stay here again when we come back to explore German Village, it was perfect for our needs.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jaynashushi, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We traveled to Columbus,Ohio for a wedding in november 2012, not really expecting to meet ,some very nice people. THE EMPLOYEES of this hotel. They were sincerly most pleasent and helpful. are room was very clean and well taken care of.The free breakfast was most fresh ,even the coffee was very good .Thank you all for making are stay in Columbus,Ohio a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: We had frist floor room, it was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
SHOUT OUT :) to carl e from Findlay, Ohio :)

Hi Sir, First of all I want to thank you so much for taking the time on writing a review. I want to tell you that it was a pleasure serving you and your family. I am very glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the small things like the coffee the smiles greeting you as you arrive and through your stay and our clean and comfortable rooms.
Here at the comfort inn and suites we strive to make our entire guest overall experience most pleasant.

Again I want to thank you for your time and business that you have contributed to this company. On behalf of myself and the comfort inn and suites staff have a safe and happy holidays filled with peace love and happiness and best wishes on the upcoming new year! :)

With kind regards,

quaker city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

our rooms were very clean and spacious, food was good, rooms were quiet,service was very good, pool was very cold,bathrooms were spacious.nice and clean motel.good location for columbus, ohio. close to hospital(osu),close to interstate 71,good directions.

Room Tip: the queen sized beds were ver comfey, room was clean and good location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings!! Kari C from Quaker City,

THANK YOU so much for your recent review for the Comfort Inn and Suites Columbus, Ohio. We are glad you had a great over all experience. Our rooms and bathrooms are indeed very spacious and clean and for that I want thank my room attendant staff they really put in a lot of hard work and effort in order to ensure every detail is intact for every guest. Our location is grand because we are so close to all the major hospitals OSU being one of them, I70 and I71.

From my entire staff we want to thank you again for the nice review and we assure you that we will continue to strive to provide the best service and room quality. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will give us another chance in the near future to meet all your need for your home away from home destination.

Happy Holidays to you with sincere appreciation,

Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday evening only to find out that we made a mistake in our reservations. We booked it for the next two nights and didn't book this night. However, the evening manager OZ, was very helpful in finding us another location as he was completely booked up. He made several phone calls, and even provided me with a cell phone charger when he noticed my cell phone was dying. Oz printed us directions to the next location and off we went.

The next night we returned to fulfill our reservation obligation. OZ was again working the desk, he made sure we were all set and gave us maps of the area and directions to the hospital which was the reason we were in town.

We enjoyed our stay here mainly because the staff was very kind and helpful. OZ was outstanding, Arthur on the overnight was a good ear to chew on when we returned exhausted and needed to vent over frustrations, and the young girl working the dayshift was very kind.

These three employees are priceless, don't let them go!!

Room Tip: The staff here are great!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Mike H from Avon, Indiana :)

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about my staff. I agree with you my employees are priceless. I can actually say in there behalf that they really enjoy working in the hospitality industry.

Here at the Comfort Inn and Suites we not only value each and every employee, but we Acknowledge their accomplishments, and reading this today really made mine and there day. I want to tell you that I acknowledged them in front of the entire Comfort Inn and Suites staff in our last meeting we had, bought them dinner and printed off a copy that is going to go in there file for their yearly review which will equal out to a raise in the near future. I also made a point that this is a perfect example on how all members of the staff should act a good representation of our team/company and that it comes to show you that a little goes a long way.

I appreciate you taking the time today to acknowledge my staff because not everyone does so there hard work and dedication is sometimes overlooked by the guest, because it is easier to complain then to give a compliment. From all of us at Comfort inn & Suites Columbus, Ohio we appreciate your business and once again your kind review and we look forward on seeing you in the future. Take Care!!

Happy Holidays and with kind regards :)

Diana Valdivia, GM

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!