“two great nights” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Findlay, Ohio
“two great nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We traveled to Columbus,Ohio for a wedding in november 2012, not really expecting to meet ,some very nice people. THE EMPLOYEES of this hotel. They were sincerly most pleasent and helpful. are room was very clean and well taken care of.The free breakfast was most fresh ,even the coffee was very good .Thank you all for making are stay in Columbus,Ohio a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: We had frist floor room, it was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
SHOUT OUT :) to carl e from Findlay, Ohio :)

Hi Sir, First of all I want to thank you so much for taking the time on writing a review. I want to tell you that it was a pleasure serving you and your family. I am very glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the small things like the coffee the smiles greeting you as you arrive and through your stay and our clean and comfortable rooms.
Here at the comfort inn and suites we strive to make our entire guest overall experience most pleasant.

Again I want to thank you for your time and business that you have contributed to this company. On behalf of myself and the comfort inn and suites staff have a safe and happy holidays filled with peace love and happiness and best wishes on the upcoming new year! :)

With kind regards,

Diana Valdivia, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
quaker city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

our rooms were very clean and spacious, food was good, rooms were quiet,service was very good, pool was very cold,bathrooms were spacious.nice and clean motel.good location for columbus, ohio. close to hospital(osu),close to interstate 71,good directions.

Room Tip: the queen sized beds were ver comfey, room was clean and good location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings!! Kari C from Quaker City,

THANK YOU so much for your recent review for the Comfort Inn and Suites Columbus, Ohio. We are glad you had a great over all experience. Our rooms and bathrooms are indeed very spacious and clean and for that I want thank my room attendant staff they really put in a lot of hard work and effort in order to ensure every detail is intact for every guest. Our location is grand because we are so close to all the major hospitals OSU being one of them, I70 and I71.

From my entire staff we want to thank you again for the nice review and we assure you that we will continue to strive to provide the best service and room quality. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will give us another chance in the near future to meet all your need for your home away from home destination.

Happy Holidays to you with sincere appreciation,

Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday evening only to find out that we made a mistake in our reservations. We booked it for the next two nights and didn't book this night. However, the evening manager OZ, was very helpful in finding us another location as he was completely booked up. He made several phone calls, and even provided me with a cell phone charger when he noticed my cell phone was dying. Oz printed us directions to the next location and off we went.

The next night we returned to fulfill our reservation obligation. OZ was again working the desk, he made sure we were all set and gave us maps of the area and directions to the hospital which was the reason we were in town.

We enjoyed our stay here mainly because the staff was very kind and helpful. OZ was outstanding, Arthur on the overnight was a good ear to chew on when we returned exhausted and needed to vent over frustrations, and the young girl working the dayshift was very kind.

These three employees are priceless, don't let them go!!

Room Tip: The staff here are great!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Mike H from Avon, Indiana :)

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about my staff. I agree with you my employees are priceless. I can actually say in there behalf that they really enjoy working in the hospitality industry.

Here at the Comfort Inn and Suites we not only value each and every employee, but we Acknowledge their accomplishments, and reading this today really made mine and there day. I want to tell you that I acknowledged them in front of the entire Comfort Inn and Suites staff in our last meeting we had, bought them dinner and printed off a copy that is going to go in there file for their yearly review which will equal out to a raise in the near future. I also made a point that this is a perfect example on how all members of the staff should act a good representation of our team/company and that it comes to show you that a little goes a long way.

I appreciate you taking the time today to acknowledge my staff because not everyone does so there hard work and dedication is sometimes overlooked by the guest, because it is easier to complain then to give a compliment. From all of us at Comfort inn & Suites Columbus, Ohio we appreciate your business and once again your kind review and we look forward on seeing you in the future. Take Care!!

Happy Holidays and with kind regards :)

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

You can't beat the location if you are looking for closeness to German Village and a quick drive into downtown. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious with updated modern colors and furniture. The only downside was the fact that the hotel is non-smoking but clearly it was a smoking hotel at one point, and our room stank of old smoke. Perhaps it was the person who rented the room before us and that is why the room smelled so much of smoke, but it stunk nonetheless. In fact, the sheer curtain at the window had a large burned hole through it, and strangely, tucked behind the curtain was a small syrup bottle. Rather strange. But since the hotel was full, there was no other room to go to, so the stale smoke smell had to stay along with us. On the plus side, the bed was incredibly comfortable and it was quiet. Every guest and employee we met was very friendly. Breakfast includes two types of waffles, cinnamon and plain, plus muffins to toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and cereals. We would certainly stay here again, although we would ask to make sure we would be in a room that did not smell of residual smoke. The location can't be beat if you want to be near German Village. Two blocks and you are at the Book Loft and visitor's center. Great location.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that does not smell of smoke.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review for your recent stay here at the comfort inn and suites Columbus, Ohio. It is unfortunate that you encountered a room that someone has previously smoked in. We became a smoke free hotel about 5 years ago and we established a $200.00 penalty fine for smoking in the room, but people still don’t care or care to respect the rules and expectations of a guest at our hotel. We normally do not rent the room until the next business day after check out, but we were sold out and not able to do the deep cleaning like washing the curtains the carpet and deodorize the room properly due to that. I wished we could have moved your room to make you feel more comfortable, but I am glad the comfortable beds and the quietness made you feel a little better. Thank you for your comments about my staff I am very proud that they were very friendly and accommodating to all your needs. I am very glad you enjoyed the free breakfast where there is a little something for every guest and your right you can’t beat the location it is only 2 blocks away from downtown German village and surrounded by the brewery district where you can find over 17 different restaurants and pubs all in safe walking distance.
Thanks to your positive words for our facility we will be able to keep up not only with the best service, but keep up with the updated modern feel at our facility. Your words pushed our confidence level to the very top and with that we will be a keep giving every single guest the outmost appreciation once they walk in through the door 

I hope you come back soon to the area. I promise we will continue improvements in all aspects, but most especially in the concern with the guest smoking in our non smoking facility.

Sincerely and with great appreciation,

Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This building was actually constructed in the 1960s, and the exterior shows its age but much has been updated. The room I stayed in was newly furnished and was fresh and clean. However, this property is not for everyone. For instance, this past weekend there were several power failures and that's a problem in an elevator building. On the plus side are the friendly staff, the free parking within walking distance of Courthouse buildings, and a neighborhood that is unusual and also safely walkable. AND, in contrast to most Choice properties, this one still offers free copies of USA Today to guests. I will return.

P.S. Although another review says you can walk to Ohio Village or the Fairgrounds, I would not recommend that at all. Check a map before you build that into your plans.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aloha! fussbudgethhi from Hilton Head, South Carolina,

Thanks for writing a review about your most recent stay; your honest kind review is greatly appreciated. Our Building indeed is just over 50 year old and I do agree it does look its age, but I am glad you did not judge this book by its cover because are rooms as you mentioned are newly furnished with all new microwaves, refrigerators and flat screen TV’s . I want to thank you also for praising our staff and I am glad you encountered friendliness throughout your stay. I love the title to your review “A little quirky”. To tell you the truth I did not know what that word meant until I looked it up. I love that word quirky I think it describe your stay perfectly especially when describing the power failures in the hotel as well as the power failures in the surrounding Germen village areas. Now just to clarify that’s not a typical day/night here at the hotel and we did not forget to pay our electric bill. There was a T- storm the night before and it cause power failure in our building and in the surrounding German village area. Unfortunately it was an unforeseen event and for the circumstances of not having power I do apologize deeply because it’s a hike to go up and down the stairs, but I appreciate you being patient and by you having a positive outlook you still had a good experience anyways.

In behalf of myself and my staff I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Columbus, Ohio. With your kind words we will be able to continue to give a wonderful experience to the next guest.

Please come and stay with us soon I promise I will leave the lights on for you and I will even save you a copy of the free USA today :)

Kind Regards,

Parker, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Easy to find and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was much more than coffee and doughnuts and was very unexpected. It was an easy checkin and checkout. would definitely recommend to anyone going to Ohio Village or Fairgrounds...so close you can walk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Salutations to you Barb P from Parker, Pennsylvania…

First off thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites it is greatly appreciated! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here. Indeed our breakfast has more than just Coffee and Doughnuts it has a variety of options for the whole family. From 2 types of eggs, sausage, 3 types of cereal and fruit to a variety of breads and make your own waffles. We strive at this location for professional, but also speedy customer service so we don’t take a lot of your time to relax or enjoy the day or night life in the beautiful city of Columbus, Ohio. Our location is grand not only are we close to Ohio Village or the Fairgrounds we are also surrounded by the brewery district and the German Village which mean you can do a lot of exploring in this part of town. Thank you for recommending this facility to others with your help others coming in this side of town can also have a wonderful stay and even consider this a home away from home and time they step into Columbus, Ohio.

Once again I would like to thank you for your wonderful response and taking the time to write about this facility I am glad it was easy to find us. With your input we will continue to serve you our guest as well as our potential guest with the best service in a well put together clean environment where you will get your money’s worth.
With many thanks from me and the Comfort Inn & Suites Staff! We hope to see you soon

Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I didn't know what to expect, but I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor ratings.

The hotel is new, and it is evident. It feels clean, which is a great feeling when you are not sleeping in your own bed.

This is what I would consider a cheaper version of Cambria suites. It looks like Cambria, but finishes and decor are Not as nice.

I would definitely recommend it, as long as it is new, it looks great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
*****Greetings!!! Opinionmia from Plymouth, Minnesota*****

Thanks so much for your review at tripadvisor.com

The clean fresh feeling is our objective for our entire facility and I am glad you enjoyed it. We will strive to keep our décor and hotel as up to date as possible to give it the “new feeling“and not let it get run down.

I am very glad we met your expectations on your recent stay! Your kind words will help us continue to do our best to provide our guest with an excellent experience. I hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again for taking the time in writing a review for our facility.Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. Hope you have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

Best Wishes :)
Diana Valdivia, GM

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!