“German Village Columbus, Ohio” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #69 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
San Rafael, California
“German Village Columbus, Ohio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed two nights at this Comfort Inn located in German Village area of Columbus. The hotel staff was very friendly, helpful; the fbreakfast ood was very good. When we check out at 6:45 am they opened up the breakfast area early so we could take food with us to the airport. That was very nice. About the hotel, nice pool and our room was very clean, updated and comfortable. The area is very safe to walk around, bring comfortable shoes as the streets are bricks or cobblestone, uneven, such a fun location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Greetings! DiamondJim3 from San Rafael, California :) Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel its makes us feel so good that we could satisfy at least one guest and it gives us a push to keep up the work in making every guest satisfied. I also love our location it has a little variety for everyone in the family from 19 different and excellent restaurants and pubs all in walking distance and German Village and the brewery district surrounding us it does make us a fun location. I hope I get to see you and your family again in the future :)
I would like to thank you again for the positive feedback it gives us a warm fuzzy feeling that we do appreciate!!

Take care and best wishes for you and your family,

Diana Valdivia, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel was in a great location. Historic German Village is right next door and makes a great walk. Not far from expressways though rush hour in Columbus could be an issue. The rooms were comfortable though could use updating. Breakfast was one of the better ones we've had at choice hotels. Though power was out due to the storm in the area our hotel did have power though no tv and internet and though I realize this was not their plan, I think a rate reduction was in order though not given after asking. The evening management could use some costumer service training and really needs to learn to multitask. All in all though I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There really is no good view so I would say that the first floor would be best due to the slow eleva...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi Ken R. from Rochester. Thank you so much in writing a response on our trip advisor page. With your input we can definitely improve and make it better for the next guest that makes our hotel their home away from home. I know that our rooms need some updating and would like to inform you that our hotel has in its plans to do some updates to the rooms in early 2013. Thank you for complementing our breakfast we do strive to provide quality food in a clean environment were also thinking to have different breakfast items everyday so our guest that stay more than one night won’t get tired of the same menu, but best of all its going to stay free! I appreciate you understating that due to the storm out internet, cable and phone was down and it was not our intentions to not have it working. Please email me your reservation details so I can make it right for you and make a rate reduction for you my email is comfortinnandsuitesdt@gmail.com. I will have a training meeting with my front desk staff so they can better serve you and our future guest with great customer service and multitasking skills. I hope you give us another chance to cater to you in the future. I promise I will do my part to improve and take your suggestions seriously not only will make every effort possible but I will guide my team to do so too.
Thank you once again for your input I really appreciate you. I look forward in hearing from you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you today or in the future.
Best Wishes,
Diana Valdivia
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The was a severe storm that came through Columbus leaving about 225, 000 people without power. Us being one of them, we decided to use Hotels.com from our cell phone to find shelter. My Fiance works from home and has to have internet to do his job. This hotel advertised wi-fi. When we checked in, we were not told of any issues, but when we got to the room there was no internet. The storms had taken out the hotels cable, phone and internet. We tried to talk to the front desk but they would not check us out, instead saying we were told when we checked in about the problem. I reminded them that when I checked in, the male was too busy taking calls on his cell phone so the manager came over and checked me in, without saying much other than confirming my name, giving me the keys and saying thank you for your patience. I called Hotels.com and the lady was able to only refund half because the manager of this hotel said she would not agree to a full refund. I tried to talk to her, Diana, but she was hostile from the beginning. She said that we were we were hotels.com customers, not hers and it was not her responsibility to tell us about the problem, that it was hotels.com responsibility. She said they only tell THEIR customers about issues. We checked in and she has to have the room cleaned again now so she won't do a full refund. I left and called Hotels.com again. I advised the lady who I spoke to about this and she called Diana back. End result is that we got a full refund. Hotels.com went above and beyond to help us out. I don't blame the hotel for the outages that happened, but the way we were treated in such a crisis is horrible. We were in the room long enough for him to plug in his computer to find out there was no internet. We weren't even there 30 minutes before talking to the front desk. Internet may not be a huge issue from some but when the only way you can work is via the internet, it's a very big deal. Never ever will I recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Hi Ms. Kristy,
I guess you’re still trying to slander my name. I have tried to explain to you several times, but here we go again. I hope that this time you understand that hotel.com and Comfort Inn & Suites are a totally different company they do sell our rooms yes and we appreciate online marketing but when you make a reservation through for example hotels.com then you need to cancel it through hotels.com they are what you call a middle man. You paid them then they pay us after you check out so how can you ask for a refund from us if we do not have your money. I already tried to explain to you once that the first time the lady from hotels.com called me she did not ask for a refund what she asked is what I can do for you since there is no cable, internet or phone in the hotel I said I can offer you 50% off she said ok I will consult with the client and call you back. I walked to the front desk and you asked if I was the manager I replied yes and then you begin to demand a refund and you got upset because I said I could not help you. I asked you several time to contact hotels.com and you kept repeating over and over “it’s not acceptable”. I am not going to lie I became very frustrated with your demanding, I will not listen to you attitude so I walked away because you became very angry and started to cause a scene in the lobby. I am sorry you needed internet for your stay and we could not provide that to you and your family due to the severe storms. I am apologizing in behalf of hotels.com for not specifying to you there client the issues we were having in our facility and I apologize that I assumed that you our potential guest already know about the issues. I also apologize to you and your family for being what you call “hostile” towards you please understand those were not my intentions and never in my 11 years in the hospitality industry have I personally received a complaint geared towards me in this matter.
As always I want to appreciate you for taking the time to write a review about this property. I hope you and your family is doing well and you’re all safe. Please let me know if there is anything else that I could do for you in this matter.
Kind regards,
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here for the first time last night and it was just great. The desk clerk welcomed us with a genuine sign of appreciation and even had a gift bag with a few snacks to give us, in addition to two bottles of water! I can't remember any other Comfort Suite going to that length before and we are in the Diamond Elite category. The room was spacious, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is off the main road and easy to find with our GPS. On leaving the hotel, I needed to make another reservation for a business partner to stay there the next night - the rate had jumped significantly from what we paid - but the clerk graciously re-booked a room at the same rate we paid. I thought that was very nice and considerate. It seemed that their focus was on making the guests happy and the stay enjoyable - not just following rules or computer systems that may or may not allow any flexibility.

Obviously, the management and staff are doing it right. I wish everywhere we stayed had the attitudes that this hotel personnel had.

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hi :) RodeoDriveCA from Beverly Hills, California ( I love the shopping bags for the picture fits it well)

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing your experience it is greatly appreciated! I really appreciate you recognizing my team and all their efforts. I can assure you they will also be recognized on my end. We try to give our guest our sincere best because we know that because of your business as well as all of the other travelers are the reason we survived the economy down fall and the reason we receive our paychecks to take care of our family. In other words we do try our best to show our genuine sign of appreciation!
I want to thank you again for staying with us and we hope we have the pleasure in serving you again in the future. I as well as my team we appreciate your business. Take care of yourself and best wishes and success for you and your business! :)

Sincerely and with great appreciation for your time and support,

Concho, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at this property and found the accommodations to be comfortable. The beds were decent. The room was equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. This location was handy to catch a cab to go to other places around the city. The cab station was across the street and you could see cabs waiting from the window. The continental breakfast was not exceptional, but typical for motels. I would rate this as a decent place to stay with a friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

this is a great place to stay at for one night or three nights as i did.. very clean and comfortable beds and room.. the breakfast here in mornings are just right.. i was working at the airport and i took shuttle back and forth everyday. never a problem.. i rate this place 100%.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
waco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We arrived about 1am and we had to wait 10 minutes for the clerk to come to the desk and help us. We had requested to have a room on the bottom near an entrance or exit, but when we got there the guy at the desk said that there was none available, he had a few rooms on the bottom, but he couldn't give us one of them. We had talk to the front desk 4 days prior when we were there and they assured us that they would have a room on the bottom for us. So he gave us a room on the top floor by an elevator, but we would have to take the stairs because the elevator was not working. He told us we could wait in the lobby but it would be at least an hour or so, before it was fixed. It was late and we had been driving over 12hrs. The clerk sat there and watched me take up several pieces of luggage and didn't even offer to help. My mom uses a cane and she almost didn't make it up the stairs. I will never stay here again and I recommend that you don't either. When I said something about it the next morning, they couldn't care less and when I sent an email to the corporate all I recieved was a generic reply.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!