“great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #113 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the adverse reviews, I was getting nervous about my pending reservation at this hotel. However, for the price, I found this hotel to be quite accommodating. The bed was comfortable, our television was nice and our room had a mini fridge and a microwave. There are quite a few chain restaurants nearby, as well as a grocery store; if you want a local restaurant, like we did, it's a mere 3 mile drive. I felt safe here and had no problem with parking nor theft. My one big complaint would be the smell of smoke in the halls.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Rooms were very good on both occasions I stayed here. However I was not too impressed with the breakfast, which was not free, or with the health club you got free admission to. The health club was free at least though and the pool was OK - but the gym part was not in the best of shape. This isn't really Best Western's fault per se since it is not a facility that they own. At any rate, if you're just looking to get some rest, this place filled the bill for me both times I stayed here - and there is a Bob Evans nearby, which has great breakfasts, so I would advise skipping the buffet at the motel and heading there instead.

Room Tip: Both rooms I had were quiet but if you are concerned ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Franklin Park IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been in Columbus for 2 weeks out of a 1-3 month trip for work. This review is mostly based on costs and value

The Good.
Nice large room. Clean, comfortable bed, providing solid good night sleep. Friendly helpful staff. Nice flat panel TV with free HDMI jacks, that you can plug your laptop into. This is a must for business travels who want a 2nd monitor when working on stuff, or just want to stream netflix. Free internet. Free access to the health-club next door. The health club is an older place but it has a jr Olympic swimming pool, a 1/20 of a mile jogging track over the pool, older cybex weight machines, sauna, steam room, hot tub. Lots of older cardio equipment. There is a bar onsite. They have a weekly rate if you pre-pay which is a very cheap option.

The Bad
The neighborhood in general is a bit on the seedy side. I would not say dangerous, but I live in Chicago so I have seen bad neighborhoods, this is just run down. I would not leave any valuables in your car unlocked.
Some of the other guest can be noisy.
I would pass on the breakfast buffet for 4.95. It was lack luster. Go to tim hortons down the street, it is much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have booked this hotel 4 times now, its our go-to hotel for when we are in the Columbus area. The price is really really good and every time we go, there are new upgrades on the rooms (they now have flat screen tv's in the standard rooms). My husband loves the steam room and we like the jacuzzi, the indoor pool is great (never used the outdoor one) but the only problem I have with the indoor one is that it is also shared with local swim teams who always seem to be there practicing, it makes it hard to use the pool, I feel there should be some sort of schedule there to let the guests know when the swim teams are there and when they arent so the guests dont get all dressed to swim, only to find that the pool will be occupied for the next 2+ hrs. That is really my only complaint. The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of a bunch of restaurants, shopping centers, very convenient. The staff are always nice and helpful, the rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Free internet is a plus. Due to the low prices of the hotel, sometimes you can get some sketchy people but we keep to ourselves and never have had a problem. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great price, friendly staff, and an overall great experience. I know im definitely booking with them again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been to quite a few Best Westerns but not too many like this one. They are right off the highway around plenty of shops and restaurants. When you walk out the front door of the lobby you have a Pizza Hut 20-30 feet to your left and a Speedway to your right about 50 feet. You don't have to go far at all to get what you want or might need while staying at this Best Western. The staff is very friendly and outgoing. You need something and they are on it for you. The spa/gym is AMAZING!!! I'm on the road a good bit and I do like to try and stay at places that have workout facilities. This Best Western has the best (no pun intended, lol) spa/gym facilities I've had at a hotel and for the incredibly low price. It has an indoor running track, hot tub, Jr Olympic swimming pool and weight room with machines & free weights. I've stayed here last month and this month already. This is a great place to stay at an incredible price. When I come back to town this is where I'll be checking in to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North? Share your experiences!