“Had a GREAT time!!! Wonderful Staff, Accessible Location & An AMAZING Spa/Gym!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North

Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #106 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been to quite a few Best Westerns but not too many like this one. They are right off the highway around plenty of shops and restaurants. When you walk out the front door of the lobby you have a Pizza Hut 20-30 feet to your left and a Speedway to your right about 50 feet. You don't have to go far at all to get what you want or might need while staying at this Best Western. The staff is very friendly and outgoing. You need something and they are on it for you. The spa/gym is AMAZING!!! I'm on the road a good bit and I do like to try and stay at places that have workout facilities. This Best Western has the best (no pun intended, lol) spa/gym facilities I've had at a hotel and for the incredibly low price. It has an indoor running track, hot tub, Jr Olympic swimming pool and weight room with machines & free weights. I've stayed here last month and this month already. This is a great place to stay at an incredible price. When I come back to town this is where I'll be checking in to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room I stayed in at this hotel was moderately priced and was very clean with a microwave and fridge. The antibacterial remote was a nice touch. The best thing about this hotel was the workout area and full size indoor swimming pool. They also featured an indoor running track which is rare is hotels. The staff was very friendly and were great at giving me directions to the various eateries and to the mall that is just down the road. I only stayed a couple of days for business but it was a comfortable stay with some good sleep. I would stay here again when I travel to Columbus again next month.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gahanna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My stay at this hotel left me satisfied and eager to return. I enjoy catching an OSU football game or two a season and this Place was located right off of the major highway in the area. They had deceptively nice Athletic club/ indoor pool. A sauna was also available to guest. Bottom line is i will be back next year

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at approximately 50 different Best Westerns throughout the entire country and this one ranks in the top 5. To date I have stayed at this particular hotel at least twice a year for the past 4 years on business and family trips alike. The staff is always is courteous, attentive, and efficient. The rooms are cozy and always debris and insect free. I have watched the staff clean my room before, and I must say that they a diligent and thorough. Yet the best feature of this hotel is the fitness center that is attached to it, which contains a full junior Olympic swimming pool, complete weight room machines and dumbbells (up to 155lbs.), and indoor running track. The spa facilities are what separate this Best Western from the others, let alone other franchises. The breakfast is hot and fresh and all you can eat, which is reasonable for the $4 price. During my most recent trip I brought my kids. They loved it and especially loved the pool. All in all it was safe, clean, quiet, fun, and a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Travelers beware, this is not a place you would want to stay. The rooms were sub-standard and it is a very long walk from the front desk to the rooms. The only place to eat on site is an Indian restaurant that smelled horrid. This hotel is not in the best part of the city and there is nothing within walking distance to have a bite to eat. We were woken very early in the morning with housekeeping in the hallways cleaning other rooms. Someone even knocked on our door before 8am to ask when we would be checking out. I was appalled since check-out wasn't until 11am. Also it is the ONLY best western that we have stayed at that wanted to charge us $4.00 each for a cold breakfast. Thank goodness there was a Tim Horton's across the street. If you have to stay here we suggest heading north on East Dublin Granville road towards the town of Worthington. There we found a wonderful little town with great shops and an awesome Irish Pub with great food and friendly people.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo,Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I called at this hotel directly and made a reservation. I had a free night voucher and I was looking to stay in the Columbus area. I never recieved an email confirmation. I called the Best Western 800 number to change my reservation to a hotel in south Columbus and to cancel my reservation at this hotel, and also to understand using my free night. The call center messed up and told me I had no reservation anywhere. Now I am beign charged for the reservation and have spent a lot of time trying to get my money back. My advice--never trust the Best Western call center they may not know what they are doing and may give you incorrect advice--they are not there for you if you have a problem--they are often unkind and use a guilty before innocent mindset--instead of custormer oriented. My free night at the other hotel--hotel was not clean and the hot tub was not hot--lukewarm--and so was the showers. My Best Western expierence--not good!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North? Share your experiences!