“Cozi Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #112 of 142 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gahanna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My stay at this hotel left me satisfied and eager to return. I enjoy catching an OSU football game or two a season and this Place was located right off of the major highway in the area. They had deceptively nice Athletic club/ indoor pool. A sauna was also available to guest. Bottom line is i will be back next year

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at approximately 50 different Best Westerns throughout the entire country and this one ranks in the top 5. To date I have stayed at this particular hotel at least twice a year for the past 4 years on business and family trips alike. The staff is always is courteous, attentive, and efficient. The rooms are cozy and always debris and insect free. I have watched the staff clean my room before, and I must say that they a diligent and thorough. Yet the best feature of this hotel is the fitness center that is attached to it, which contains a full junior Olympic swimming pool, complete weight room machines and dumbbells (up to 155lbs.), and indoor running track. The spa facilities are what separate this Best Western from the others, let alone other franchises. The breakfast is hot and fresh and all you can eat, which is reasonable for the $4 price. During my most recent trip I brought my kids. They loved it and especially loved the pool. All in all it was safe, clean, quiet, fun, and a great value.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Travelers beware, this is not a place you would want to stay. The rooms were sub-standard and it is a very long walk from the front desk to the rooms. The only place to eat on site is an Indian restaurant that smelled horrid. This hotel is not in the best part of the city and there is nothing within walking distance to have a bite to eat. We were woken very early in the morning with housekeeping in the hallways cleaning other rooms. Someone even knocked on our door before 8am to ask when we would be checking out. I was appalled since check-out wasn't until 11am. Also it is the ONLY best western that we have stayed at that wanted to charge us $4.00 each for a cold breakfast. Thank goodness there was a Tim Horton's across the street. If you have to stay here we suggest heading north on East Dublin Granville road towards the town of Worthington. There we found a wonderful little town with great shops and an awesome Irish Pub with great food and friendly people.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo,Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I called at this hotel directly and made a reservation. I had a free night voucher and I was looking to stay in the Columbus area. I never recieved an email confirmation. I called the Best Western 800 number to change my reservation to a hotel in south Columbus and to cancel my reservation at this hotel, and also to understand using my free night. The call center messed up and told me I had no reservation anywhere. Now I am beign charged for the reservation and have spent a lot of time trying to get my money back. My advice--never trust the Best Western call center they may not know what they are doing and may give you incorrect advice--they are not there for you if you have a problem--they are often unkind and use a guilty before innocent mindset--instead of custormer oriented. My free night at the other hotel--hotel was not clean and the hot tub was not hot--lukewarm--and so was the showers. My Best Western expierence--not good!!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We found that the rooms were very nice and comfortable with some of the updates, However: The remodeling of the bathroom made it less convenient for families to share the room efficiently. I really enjoy having a sink/ well lit mirror outside of the bath/ toilet area. The lack of vanity space is difficult for ladies to get ready in the morning, And when it is all in the bathroom, then several people can not do multiple tasks all at once. I appreciate the updates, but I would suggest going back and adding a sink/ vanity back into those rooms, so that we can all get ready more quickly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After having read a lot of less than stellar reviews for thisproperty, I decided to give it a shot for a fast overnight stay. The hotel room looked like it had been recently upgraded/renovated, and there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, which I consider a nice bonus. The halls leading to our room had a noticeable smoky smell to them, not horrible, but I am certain we were close to some smoking rooms, or at least some rooms with smoking occupants, thus the odors. Overall, it was an outrageously cheap deal through our normal online booking service, so I can't complain in the least.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North? Share your experiences!