“attention to details suggested” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #20 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Amherst
“attention to details suggested”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Scattered debris on floor indicated only cursory work with vacuum cleaner. One bulb burned out in bathroom. Shower curtain torn and about ready to fall. Very ordinary breakfast except for the fresh cantaloupe which was a surprise. Exterior needs attention too - extensive flower beds which would be beautiful if someone would only pull out the profusion of weeds! Can't comment on pool because we did not use it. Night desk clerk was very accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

While visiting our son in Columbus we had booked this room since the next day we were going to Dayton. The Hotel is maintained very well. The only things that we found were, the carpet in our room really needed cleaned and the pool/hot tub area, way way to much bleach. Our eyes were burning! Oh the sauna didn't work either. The towels need to be replaced, some of ours had holes in them. The price here was great 77.00 for the night. :) I was very happy with that. Over all it was really a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vinton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I were spending the weekend with friends and decided to give this BW a shot. Previously, we had stayed at a Red Roof Inn which was $152.00 for a tiny, dated room. This BW room was a suite and was very spacious and comfy. Price...$82!! We have had a wonderful stay here, and plan on coming back soon. It really is a great value.

• Stayed August 2012
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

i was really surprised by the high quality of the Best Western Suites and I was not expecting a two room suite for the price. The hotel is impeccably maintained and furnished and I found my bedroom to be quiet and comfortable. It really helps my sleep when i don't have a refrigerator nearby. The breakfast is generous with hot eggs, sausage, and the ubiquitous waffle maker. One endearing touch was that the breakfast attendant shared a fresh peach from her garden with me. the hotel is a distance from downtown, but is a great location for those traveling on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I dont understand why my review wasn't printed first attempt. I was recently there when the storms hit and knocked out electricity across the city. Had to move to a hotel with electricity and this one still had a couple rooms. They doubled their price and would not nagotiate with us. We were stranded and desperate. Next morning moved across the parking lot to Best Western for half the price. Very poor business practice, I felt they were very dishonest.

Room Tip: Prices are not what is offered on website.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orwell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I really can't understand negative reviews...this place was really nice! Anyone not wanting to stay in downtown Columbus..needs to check out this place. It is an easy 10 minute drive from downtown. The only regret is that we only booked for one night..it was so nice we tried for a second night and not surprisingly, they were booked. I am telling you it was great. I do agree that the set up in the suite was a bit different with the television being in the corner. However, I say book with confidence that you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlevoix, Mi.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

So I stay apx 250 + nights a year in a hotel and most of them are BW properties. Mattress was horrible, tv was OLD, fridge was very old, furniture was well worn and bathroom was SUPER old school. Bathroom had rusty fixtures, "suite" was very dated in style. My biggest complaint is there was only one old TV and you cant watch it from bed. The room is a hair bigger than a normal room with goofy dividers. I'm not impressed and i'm 99% sure I won't be back. I have had better "suites" at a standard BW. Also seemed that I was a nuisance by checking in. Sad being im a Diamond Elite member.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Suites? Share your experiences!