“A suite that's cheaper than a dingy Red Roof motel room?? Yes, please!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Suites

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Vinton, Ohio
“A suite that's cheaper than a dingy Red Roof motel room?? Yes, please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I were spending the weekend with friends and decided to give this BW a shot. Previously, we had stayed at a Red Roof Inn which was $152.00 for a tiny, dated room. This BW room was a suite and was very spacious and comfy. Price...$82!! We have had a wonderful stay here, and plan on coming back soon. It really is a great value.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

i was really surprised by the high quality of the Best Western Suites and I was not expecting a two room suite for the price. The hotel is impeccably maintained and furnished and I found my bedroom to be quiet and comfortable. It really helps my sleep when i don't have a refrigerator nearby. The breakfast is generous with hot eggs, sausage, and the ubiquitous waffle maker. One endearing touch was that the breakfast attendant shared a fresh peach from her garden with me. the hotel is a distance from downtown, but is a great location for those traveling on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I dont understand why my review wasn't printed first attempt. I was recently there when the storms hit and knocked out electricity across the city. Had to move to a hotel with electricity and this one still had a couple rooms. They doubled their price and would not nagotiate with us. We were stranded and desperate. Next morning moved across the parking lot to Best Western for half the price. Very poor business practice, I felt they were very dishonest.

Room Tip: Prices are not what is offered on website.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orwell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I really can't understand negative reviews...this place was really nice! Anyone not wanting to stay in downtown Columbus..needs to check out this place. It is an easy 10 minute drive from downtown. The only regret is that we only booked for one night..it was so nice we tried for a second night and not surprisingly, they were booked. I am telling you it was great. I do agree that the set up in the suite was a bit different with the television being in the corner. However, I say book with confidence that you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlevoix, Mi.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

So I stay apx 250 + nights a year in a hotel and most of them are BW properties. Mattress was horrible, tv was OLD, fridge was very old, furniture was well worn and bathroom was SUPER old school. Bathroom had rusty fixtures, "suite" was very dated in style. My biggest complaint is there was only one old TV and you cant watch it from bed. The room is a hair bigger than a normal room with goofy dividers. I'm not impressed and i'm 99% sure I won't be back. I have had better "suites" at a standard BW. Also seemed that I was a nuisance by checking in. Sad being im a Diamond Elite member.

• Stayed July 2012
Elk River, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed comfortable, spacious rooms. The staff was accommodating and courteous. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We've stayed at this property a few times before our most recent stay, so we're familiar with it. As usual, check-in was quick and pleasant. What set this stay way apart from prior visits was the CLEANLINESS of our room and the bathroom. The hotel has always seemed clean but I noticed a different "feel" this time. No dated bedspreads or quilts - now snowwhite sheets with a splash of color on bedscarves. The sofa was spotless, as was the carpet. The most amazing thing to us was that the TV remote, probably the most germ-ridden item in any room, was covered in a paper sleeve! The remote had zero smudges or fingerprints on it!!
The bathroom was spotless as well; I like the sink being in the bathroom instead on in a hallway niche near the bed(s).
We decided to have dinner delivered after seeing a menu for Minelli's on our desk. (See separate listing.) Good food!!
The continental breakfast fare was pretty standard, and the room was very clean too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Suites? Share your experiences!