“4 dogs and a 10 year old” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“4 dogs and a 10 year old”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We're moving across the country, in January. We had to avoid the Lakes on I80 because of a serious lake effect so we headed south to Columbus. The trip was exhausting as I was driving a 24 ft. Uhaul pulling a full size car carrier for the first time.

By the time we arrived, I was a nervous wreck, several snow squalls and white outs behind us. We had a fantastic experience with ALL of the staff of this hotel.

Having 4 dogs with us, 1 adult, and a child we had to get two rooms. It was pricey but we had a place for the night.
10 year old LOVED the pool and I relaxed in the hottub.

We ordered pizza delivered because of the dogs. It was AWESOME! There was a Steak and Shake, and several other restaurants in the area. The best part of this hotel is the HUGE acres of open field out front between it and the road. I was able to take the dogs for a safe run several times during our visit to get them their exercise and to get them use to this travelling thing.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this place. One bit of warning, DO NOT go into the Courtyard Hotel next door if you are pulling anything or driving anything large.

It is a DEAD END. I had my first experience having to back up the trailer there, it took about 50 back and forth and back and forths to get us out of that trap, but we made it!

Go here and say Hi to Cindy the manager...She is our savior!

Room Tip: Love pet friendly hotels that put you right by a door to exit and enter for the evening rituals! I...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 10 years running. It has always been my first choice when visiting the Hilliard area. This year however (Oct. 29,30 2011) I noticed that the hotel had lost it's usual splendid appearance. It was apparent that the lobby, hallway areas, and rooms had been painted with the same cream colored paint. Problem is that the paint was just single coated and you could see the underneath color and it was very streaky. There were holes in the walls where something was removed, but not plastered over, just painted holes. Even in the breakfast area, it was the same senario. Previous borders were not removed before the repainting and just painted over, and you could see peeling repainted boarders. Very unattractive! Paint splotches on the curtains as well.
We requested another room, but the same issues were there also.
I am used to a certain visual standard when I come to Best Western Suites and this was very dissapointing. On the other hand, the rooms were neat, tidy and clean and most importantly.........No Bugs!!!!!
A little on the fence about returning to my favorite hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels, and I found this Best Western to be exceptional. The room was affordable and exactly what I needed. The customer service definitely exceeded my expectations! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The people here were great. When we checked in a car wreck had knocked the power out but they helped us to our rooms with flashlights and the power was back on in 2 hours.
Room cleaners were very friendly and everyone always ready to help. Breakfast was nice and it was a busy weekend but they kept it stocked~!! The pool was a great family area~!! We picked this place for a family reunion because it was close to everything~!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I'd say my stay wasn't that bad for the price. Room was comfortable but some what dirty. I was working at the computer desk and as I tried to move the desk lamp away from my PC, I saw a cloud of dust right underneath the lamp base. That makes me think that, the hotel is clean from the top, if you try diggin' in, you might be in for surprise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Attended the Ohio State Fair , and spent the night . Grandson was in the " all Ohio youth choir " . Needless to say the day was long and hot , the hotel was welcoming as was the room . Very nice place and reasonable . The free breakfast was nice and check out was a breeze . The location was close enough the OSF that the few minutes drive was ok . I would go back to the hotel .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I found this hotel through Priceline, and booked a room due to the cost, the location, and the amenities that were offered (I have 3 small children, so the pool, refrigerator and microwave were a plus!). Check in was quick and easy, however when we arrived at our non-smoking room on the 2nd floor I was upset to find mold and mildew growing above the shower. We spoke to the hotel front desk and were given another room on the 1st floor near the pool. This room had a strange odor and after 1 night in the room we asked to switch rooms. As it turned out, the 2nd room they gave us was a smoking room, which contributed to the smell. Our third room on the 2nd floor was clean, odorless, and very comfortable (and non-smoking as we had originally requested). The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. We made use of the pool and hot tub. My kids loved the pool, however it was over chlorinated and caused a lot of pain to their eyes. The pool room also was very warm. They could do with more ventilation in that area. The complementary breakfast was perfect for my family and had several choices. We visit the Hilliard area every summer, and despite the initial problems with the rooms, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Suites? Share your experiences!