“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Youngstown, United States
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

An excellent value. A safe and clean environment throughout. The rooms were nicely appointed and the maid service very good. We all enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was fully stocked and available throughout the advertised hours. The 24 hour coffee service was very much appreciated

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bentleyville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Very nice rooms, clean and had everything we needed. A little disappointed when the American Girl movies would not play as we had purchased the American Girl package and this was part of it. Friendly, courteous staff. Overall is was a great hotel. Would definetely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Coopersville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

If your child is into American Girl she will love this place! A lot of other shopping as well while you enjoy stay. Staff is great and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Everyone can relax in the pool or hot tub after a long busy day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I found this hotel to be a very nice hotel. Nicely decorated and amenities to meet every need. My particular trip was business. I love to work out and am very athletic, they have a very nice workout room. Not just a treadmill and bike like many hotels but a full array of barbells and weight bench. I found the breakfast to be well sorted and tasty. The front desk help, in particular Mrs. Pam McMillian were very professional and helpful in every area. I had a king room suite that was expertly cleaned and the furniture set up was very comfortable as well as conducive to business and preparing for business the next day. Tremendous restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
CLEVELAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ok please note this hotel is across the street from easton. (and not walking distance lol)
Where do I begin.....Hotel is a beautiful and fully remodeled Hampton. BUT......During the remodeling process they cut the curtains too short that go above the heating/air system so when the sun rises you rise. The best thing about staying at a hotel is sleeping in a super comfortable bed and the room being pitch black because of the curtains. NOT HERE! ON top of that the fire alarm is super bright and blinks non stop all night! very bright. and don't make me start on the air condition system lol. IT was like a freezer in there. But once you turn it off, it gets muggy. but the air has no in between temperature. Just off or freezer. Breakfast is mediocre. Customer service was top-notch that's why we did not complain. the end

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. I would also like to thank you for providing crucial feedback in some areas that we can and will improve upon. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments regarding the curtain length, A/C (room temperature) and blinking fire alarm light has been noted and will be addressed to improve our future guests’ experience. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have. We look forward to your next visit to our property.
Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We purchased the American Girl package and we were pleasantly surprised to see that we had a whirlpool in our room. The room was very spacious and very clean. When my daughter spotted the American Girl bag in the room, her eyes lit up. My daughter was thrilled with all the little extras that were included. She felt special when she had popcorn and milk and cookies for herself. The free shuttle to the American Girl store was an added bonus. The property itself was very clean and the hallways smelled nice. The AC in the room didn't get very cool for some reason so it was warmer in the room that we like. The only "real" problem we encountered was that the refrigerator in the room was leaking. My daughter woke up this morning and walked by the refrigerator and stepped in a puddle. Apparently the freezer compartment was iced over and for some reason it decided to defrost. Since we were getting reading to leave, we notified the front desk as we were checking out. We didn't use the refrigerator so I don't know if it was working properly or not. It wasn't an issue. I wiped up what I could and placed towels on the floor to soak up the water. Some people got stuck in the elevator yesterday and that had me a little nervous especially since we had rode up in that elevator just minutes before it happened. I still give this property 5 stars even though there were a few "hiccups". I didn't go to breakfast but my husband and daughter did and they seemed pretty happy with the offerings. The room may have been a little expensive but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." When Mama is happy, everyone else is happy. And it makes it even better when the daughter is happy. She said this was the best day of the summer so far. We visited COSI before checking in to the hotel. The American Girl stuff was the icing and the cherry on top. :)

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the parking lot and our room was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding on August 2, 2014. They accommodated a very early check-in for me. I really appreciate that. There's nothing notable about this hotel, but it is a perfectly fine establishment. The rooms are very nice but our room didn't have a bathtub. I could have really used a long soak after being in heels at the wedding all day! Also, the drink station/coffee maker are in the bathroom. I've never really cared for that but it worked and is not a deal breaker.

We ate breakfast there and there was no protein to be had unless you count the powdered eggs. No meat (sausage, or bacon). By the time we came to breakfast, they were out of all milk and another gentleman there let the staff know in the kitchen. There was a plump woman who was visibly annoyed that we were asking her to fill it back up. In fact, she didn't even acknowledge the gentleman when he spoke regarding the refill but she returned to the milk station in about 5 minutes with a container of milk. We just stood there for about 10 minutes until she instructed another gentleman worker on how to set it all up. She never did refill the shredded cheese. It was as if we were bothering her.

The front desk staff was perfectly pleasant and whoever was working there was extremely helpful, friendly, smiling. Great service there. However, if I had to do this again, I would stay at the Hampton Inn Polaris.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. I would also like to thank you for providing crucial feedback in some areas that we can and will improve upon. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments regarding the Breakfast Staff has been noted and will be addressed to improve our future guests’ experience. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area? Share your experiences!