“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Brentwood, TN
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. The rooms were clean and it was easy access from the highway. Good place to stay. The rooms were clean and relatively new. THe breakfast was standard Hampton Inn breakfast which means that it was good variety. The free wireless had a good connection

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a suite that was very clean. They even had complimentary popcorn in the room. The continental breakfast had a lot of healthy choices. We were right across the street from Easton shopping. Super close to the highway to get to other Columbus hot spots. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had to attend a business training event in the area and as a frequent Hampton Inn customer, I knew what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was better than average. Friendly staff, clean room, very clean bathroom. Quiet! After a long day of training, it was nice to have a place to take care of myself, work on my laptop - free internet!, and relax. Breakfast was very good. Only thing missing was Sci-Fi channel to watch Ghost Hunters! It is very near Easton Town Mall with hundreds of great stores and restaurants too! The price on this one is a bit higher than other Hamptons I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is my second review of this property i must say they really aim high on service, much better service than some 5 star hotels in the city, the rooms are very cozy and comfortable i was given an upgrade to a suite since since the smoking room i reserved was fully booked... the hotel always smells fresh and clean and they have great coffee 24 hrs a day in the lobby... its in a great location !!!! next to the best shopping and resturaunts in columbus and very close to the airport and they have a free shuttle btw... also their breakfast is great and really gets u started off right !!! great hotel ive been here 9 times and will deffintaly recomend to anyone... only downside is it is a lil pricey at 185USD a night i really wish it was in the 130 USD range or even a lil less as that is more of a reasonable bargain.... but neverthe less theyre great !!!

Room Tip: a regular room is great theres no difference in the views and theyre all great rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hampton Inn Columbus-Easton is pretty much like all the others properties in my favorite mid-range hotel group, although this particular location doesn’t rate as one of the best, in my eyes, at least. After a very pleasant and quick check-in, I went to my room and immediately had trouble connecting to the Internet, a problem the hotel staff itself couldn’t solve. A quick call to the toll free number on the desk provided a solution in seconds, a simple matter the hotel folks should have known about. The wall-mounted temperature controller in my room displayed the temperature only in Centigrade, another problem the staff couldn’t fix. There was no safe in the room – always an issue for a business traveler. Overall construction seemed a bit shabby - for example, the surprisingly low quality sliding glass shower doors (no tubs in most of the rooms) were broken, coming apart and dangerously sharp. Equally sharp were the corners of the night tables next to the bed; I badly bruised myself getting out of bed one night. The windows are sealed in Easton and can’t be opened! I’m a fresh air freak and that’s a deal breaker for me. The elevators seemed slower than usual, but who knows. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be without solving my problems. The business center worked perfectly, and although I didn’t sample it, I saw that the free breakfast was Hampton all the way. In the end and in spite of the problems, I had another couple of peaceful nights in a comfortable Hampton Inn bed. Bottom line: I’m still a fan of the chain but Columbus-Easton is a Hampton Inn property I would think twice about visiting again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Matthew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are are always happy to receive feedback from our guests, I am sorry that you experienced a few glitched during your stay and extend to you our sincerest apologies. I regret you had an initial problem with using the internet. Hampton Inns employs an IT service to address these concern quickly and effectively, I am happy to hear they performed as expected. Also, I regret that a prior guest adjusted the thermostat to display the temperature in centigrade and that you were unable to open the window. The local building codes prevent this in hotel high rises out of safety concerns for children. We appreciate that our staff was freindly and the breakfast was as expected. We hope to see you on our next visit to the area and look forward to serving you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was sitting on my bed and I hear someone putting the key card in the door. I immediately walk to the door and they are opening it! Luckily it was a nice lady and I said I think there is a problem as I checked in already. When I came back in the evening they had me checked out of my room!! The man apologized and said there was a mix up...really??? I think most people would have not accepted this answer but, I just came from having a few drinks with friends. This hotel is a big zero. This is a traveler's worse nightmare. I came to the area to shop with friends. The next morning we met up for some breakfast in the dining area and heard some business women talking about a room mix up too!! I am so glad I did not bring any valuables as who knows who could of been in my room while I was shopping!! I used the bathroom off the dining area and one sink was out of soap and there was a towel basket under the sink that stunk sooo bad like mold. It actually made me cough because I inhaled it when I went to put something in the trash. Any staff I came across did greet me when passing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Please accept our most sincere apology for our mistake. The hotel had a large group in-house at the same time that was doubled up and sharing rooms. One of the group's arrivals had a roommate already in-house with a name very close to yours, hence the mix-up. We have addressed this training issue and put in place steps so this situation does not happen again. We regret your experience but appreciate that you took the time to bring it to our attention so we could address the issue. Thank you.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in Columbus. The room was super clean and the beds were quite comfortable. We didn't spend much time at the hotel other than to sleep and eat breakfast (which is included). The breakfast was okay, especially considering it's free - but the staff at breakfast were outstanding. They were very helpful and sweet to my children. If you're looking for a place to get a good night's sleep while you're in Columbus then this is a good choice. Right across from the Easton shopping area which is handy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family