“Hampton Inn & Suites - Excellent Location for Easton Mall” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
American Girl Getaway
Ranked #12 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Vancouver, Canada
“Hampton Inn & Suites - Excellent Location for Easton Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here in the beginning of Oct 2011 to attend the Country Living Fair at the Old Ohio Village, it was about 20 minutes from the fair, but we wanted to be close to Easton, the most beautiful mall we have ever seen. The service was friendly, fast, and great! The hotel is very clean and the rooms were perfect for our needs. We needed a fridge as we were staying for 6 days, our room didn't have one, but they brought one up, plugged it in and even put our wine in the fridge while we were gone. Came home to nice cold bevies! The hotel has a shuttle available all day until 10pm to take you to the mall, the drivers are very friendly, funny and knowledgeable about the area. The beds were amazing, we slept like babies, and there was no noise. You can walk to the Walmart and Sams, there is a Japanese steak house, subway, mini mart all within walking distance. The breakfast was nice to have to get us on our way, and they had daily snacks and drinks at the front desk. Ask them for the brownies! The hotel has a mini shop where you can buy drinks, snacks and the essentials we sometimes forget when packing. The pool is clean and its indoors. Rooms are large! Cant comment enough about the staff and how friendly and helpful they were. We already miss our driver and breakfast girl Tracey!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge before booking.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thanks so much for allowing the world to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It was our pleasure serving your lodging needs in Columbus, OH, we hope you come back when visiting Country Fair next year!

We truly loved having you here!
Hampton Easton

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

HUGE ROOMS, very responsive and friendly staff!! Stayed here for the weekend with a group of friends (6 different rooms) for a soccer match. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was a great size as well. It is very convenient to the Easton Town Center and they run a shuttle. Breakfast was OK, not the best I ever had, but for basic sustenance it did the trick. The eggs were the only think that left some to be desired. That is me being critical, it is truly a smart choice for hotels in the Easton area. Would recommend to anyone in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Henderson, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

Very clean hotel, friendly staff, huge shopping area on same exit, Alum Creek Rail-Trail nearby, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed August 2011
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Easton. We are glad you chose our hotel while you were visiting Columbus, Ohio, we hope to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I received superior service, from every agent at the front desk. I was always greeted, whether I was coming in or leaving. I was immediately acknolwedged, even if I needed to wait because someone was in line in front of me. The staff attitude was always enthusiastic and upbeat, from the maids to the managers. I stay in a lot of hotels due to business and pleasure trips, and I must say whoever is in charge of customer service here is doing it right. I attended a conference for a part time business that I run, so this was partially business and pleasure combined. For my full time job I stay in hotels consistently, generally more upscale. But I must say I would not hesitate to stay in or recommend this hotel regardless of the reason you are in town. I chose this hotel over another where my convention was taking place because I read overwhelmingly negative reviews about that property. Reviews of and location of this Hampton Inn made my decision.

I am a stickler for cleanliness, and this hotel did not disappoint. The public areas were immaculate, and the room was very clean. It has a modern upgraded feel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The lights in the bathroom go on automatically when you enter. The bed, as others have said was very comfortable.

Breakfast was always attractively presented in a bight breakfast room and I never saw spills or crumbs although there was not a lot of staff seen in the area. There is a waffle maker there every day, along with presentations of fresh and cut fruit, bagels, muffins pastries, cereals, milk (including skim) and coffee,tea and juices. There were always an additional two hot items (sausage patties and cheese omelets one day, scrambled eggs and sausage gravy another day, scrambled eggs with ham and maple smoked sausage on a third day). The eggs are some powdered mixture, but same as you'd get anywhere. They're acceptable. If you are in a hurry and want breakfast to go they have bags at the front desk that at the time contained a granola bar, apple, bottle of water and muffin. A very nice assortment.

There is a gas station and convenience store sharing the parking lot (it is very convenient and not obtrusive at all. A shopping center across the street with Wal Mart, Hometown Buffet and several stores, and of course Easton Town Center, a lovely indoor and outdoor shopping center with a variety of things to do. I enjoyed the comedy club and a few of the restaurants on my own. Also includes a nice movie theater and free outdoor entertainment in the summer when I visited.

I saw every time of guest, from families to individuals in business suits. I get the sense this property is recommended a lot, and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: I always ask for high floor and had a room overlooking the front where I could see my rental car.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for recommending the Hampton Inn & Suites Easton! We loved having you here and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here with my husband for a one night trip to Columbus for food and shopping. Read some of the reviews about smoking/nonsmoking reservations getting mixed up and was a little concerned. Everything went smoothly. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was fully stocked...even during busy times. If we bring the family next time, I'd stay here again. Convenient location and clean updated rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU for your very thorough and detailed review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Easton. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell the world about your experience via tripadvisor. Our team thrives on guest positive feedback. Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you again real soon!

Brookville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Four of us stayed at this hotel for a conference in Columbus area, booked a 2 QUEEN BEDS STUDIO SUITE W/ SOFABED NONSMOKING room & had PLENTY of room for all of us, our wardrobes, belongings, & shopping items. Great staff, SUPER clean rooms, hotel, delicious breakfast & even a bagged breakfast if you can't/don't have time for the hot breakfast. Had an issue with our first room having a very strong smell (like smoke and a chemical "smoke smell remover" had been used--one of us have a high sensitivity to sensory allergy triggers and the staff at the Hampton Inn moved us without question and verified there were no present odors in the new room. Another reason we'll always choose Hampton Inn! Great value!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We are thrilled you chose the Hampton Inn & Suites Easton and took the time to share your experience with the world. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a great property. My wife and I stayed one night in a King Studio suite 2 days ago. We stayed at this property in a standard King room last year..

Service is here is fantastic. Everyone is friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Check-in was fast and courteous.

The rooms are very nice - a bit better than the typical Hampton Inn. This is a fairly new property, so most things are still shiny and new. Bedding and linens were standard fare for HI. The appointments are nicer than many HI/HIS properties. I was especially glad to see so many electrical outlets at the desk.

Carpets throughout the hotel were clean and in good shape. Corridors were wide. There were no musty or otherwise unwanted odors, and there was no overpowering smell of cleaning chemicals. Bathrooms were meticulous with no sign of mold or anything suspicious. Window coverings worked great and did not let in unnecessary light at night. We were there on a Sunday night and didn't hear noise from either the hallway or adjoining rooms. Room lighting was adequate. Water pressure in our 5th-floor shower was great.

The location of this hotel is hard to beat. Conveniently located a block inside the I-270 loop, you can be on the freeway in minutes and on your way to other parts of Columbus. In spite of the proximity to the freeway there is no road noise that we heard. The hotel is on the NE side of Columbus, so you may want to look elsewhere if you need something downtown or closer to OSU. The hotels is just a few minutes from the airport (except during rush hour), but doesn't have any of the noise of an airport hotel. A shuttle is available. I was never concerned about security or personal safety while there as the property is well-lit and in a nice part of town.

Being across the street from Easton Town Center Mall, there are literally hundreds of restaurants, shops, and movie theatres within walking distance (plus retail stores like Target and Wal-Mart). A real shoppers paradise. Restaurants ranged from fast-food to higher-end steakhouses and seafood.

Some of the bathrooms in this hotel have a nice walk-in shower (only) and others have the typical bath/shower combo. If you need a bath tub for small children, make sure you get the appropriate room.

The layout of the Deluxe King suite has one minor drawback. Our plans did not call for any TV viewing this trip, but if it did, the TV angle would have been a bit odd. The nice, large flat-screen TV would not have been viewable from either the sitting area nor the bed without swiveling it.

I did not have a chance to try out the indoor pool, exercise rooms, or business center.

Our interaction with the managers of the hotel makes me feel that they are top notch. A few other hotels could take some lessons from them in what customer service is all about.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel with the world. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our area. We look forward to serving all your lodging needs in the Columbus market.

Melody Young

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton? Share your experiences!