“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,962 restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We visited Marcella's with my parents when they were visiting. We made reservations on Open Table. We had to wait about 5 mins past our time but we were very happy we'd made them - the wait was about 1.5 hours at 7:30 Saturday night. I ordered the chicken parmesan, my dad ordered the lasagna and my mother ordered the gnocchi. The food was excellent! Just the right sized portion. The price was very reasonable. The atmosphere is loud but warm and inviting. The service was good but not great. We had to ask twice for silverware. It took them a little while to get to the table. But it was very busy so we tried to be patient. Overall, it was very good and I would recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Came here for the first time and the atmosphere was nice! The environment was cozy and could be both a great date night restaurant or a girls night restaurant. The food is priced both fair and moderate. I had the Margarita Pizza and it was great!!! My friend had Alfredo pasta with chicken and said that was good as well. I strongly recommend!

Avon Lake
“busy and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Family of four had dinner Friday night after thxgiving. The place was jumping . Vibrant bar scene and a bit loud but fun. Sat in the bar section and server was very attentive. My martini was great. Portions are not big but that was fine because we had no fridge to store leftovers in anyway at the hotel. My steak was very good, one daughter had pasta with a huge meatball she loved it. Check this place out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Food Good, Service Not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stopped here after the Ohio State game last weekend. The place had a nice decor and atmosphere. We decided to just sit in the bar, which was not crowded, to get a few drinks and have a pizza. The pizza was fine, but the service was slow, especially when it came time to take care of the check. The waitress forgot about us after the food was served.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Heights, Ohio
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that Marcella's was part of a chain (Cameron Mitchell). There were so many personal touches offered. We were visiting Columbus, celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday. I chose Marcella's based on TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews. I made reservations a few days ahead, thru Open Table. The restaurant is located in Short North, which was bustling on a chilly Saturday night in November. There was valet parking adjacent to the restaurant. Our party of 4 arrived at the reserved time and we were seated withing 5 minutes of arriving. The restaurant was PACKED with patrons. I would describe the atmosphere as casual italian, kind of a laid back vibe but the food and service was AMAZING. Dinner started with our water glasses being filled with filtered water artfully served from glass bottles. We were then served fresh sliced ciabatta bread (there is olive oil and plates in the center of each table for dipping). We place our food and drink order. I ordered the red sangria, which arrived in a carafe, along with a separate glass of ice and cut-up fruit that had been soaked in sangria. I thought that this was a very nice touch and the sangria was very good. I ordered the Fettucine & Meatball which consisted of fettucine noodles (perfectly al dente), lightly dressed in alfredo sauce served on a bed of marinara sauce and topped with the most flavorful and tender meatball. The meatball was easily the size of a baseball. The entree portion was very generous and reasonably priced at just $13!!!. My husband and 2 daughters had the chicken parmesan and spagetti and meatballs and were equally pleased with their selections. My daughters and I opted to share a dessert. The profiteroles were outstanding and proved to be the perfect finale to our dinner. There were 3 profiteroles, 1 each filled with pistachio, chocolate and honey vanilla ice cream and then drizzled with warm chocolate ganache. I opted for the pistachio was SO good. The service was great. Our server was attentive to our needs and there were several managers that help with service to make the experience seamless. Total bill for 4 entrees, 2 cocktails, 2 soft drinks and 1 shared dessert was $84. I would definitely return!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Marcella's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Marcella's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.