“Beautiful.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Great service, beautiful rooms, ideal (quiet) neighborhood for our trip. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, and I have already recommended it to a friend. We were attending events at the convention center so we were not close enough to be in the hustle and bustle of other convention go-ers and the nightlife (good for us). We had to get a cab ($7-8 each trip and around 10 minutes to the convention center or a 20 min walk). But the cabs were implausibly quick--like I couldn't get my coat on in time before they arrived...!

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Great stay! Loved the privacy and all the amenities that GVGH had to offer. My husband and I were celebrating our birthdays, Valentines day and our anniversary all in one. We couldn't have picked a better spot. We had the whole house to ourselves, since no one else had booked a room. The morning breakfast was perfect! Would definitely stay again for a getaway.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Very nice, clean guest house in a very convenient location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The guesthouse is fabulously clean,very well appointed. It is located in the heart of German Village, a very cool historic neighborhood. Our every need was anticipated. This guesthouse is the top of my list!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at the Guesthouse after being stranded by weather in Philadelphia. John couldn't have been nicer and went out of his way to make me feel welcomed. Access to endless supplies of water, hot tea and light snacks made me feel right at home, my room felt like my own bedroom, and the breakfast being right downstairs was perfect. Next time I stay I will take advantage of the grocery store literally a half block away and the ability to cook myself a healthy dinner rather than eating out! If eating out is more your style, there are plenty of restaurant options within a few blocks. I found a yoga studio a 5 minute drive away too. If you travel here in cooler weather, bring your cold runnign gear for the park around the corner. This place is a great way to feel at home when y ou are away. Thank you John!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Exquisite accommodations with charming elegance; they add nice little touches that make it unique, like the fresh breakfast spread and fresh flowers. We enjoyed our stay very much and would love to visit again! The location could be better; make sure you remove any valuables from your car or that they're well hidden to avoid your car being tampered with.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I had several memorable trips to the German Village in Columbus, OH when I was young, and this stay trumped them all. Needing a last minute anniversary gift, I found the German Village Guesthouse online and booked our stay, crossing my fingers that the positive reviews would hold up.

Needless to say, we had a great weekend. There are so many great restaurants within walking distance, and the brick-lined streets and charming neighborhood just completed the stay.

Highly recommended - and if you don't eat the banana-nut bread at morning breakfast, you'll be sorry!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to German Village Guest House? Share your experiences!