“Sisters weekend” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Sisters weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My sister and I had a get away from our families and chose GV guest house to stay at.

We relaxed, brought our own bottle of wine to enjoy in the garden setting and it felt very private. The supply of snacks, coffee and breakfast was nice. Again, felt very private. We liked being able to get what we wanted, when we wanted.

We also had some great food around town...at Lindey's and The Sycamore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Everything was so nice- our room, the common area, the garden, etc. Breakfast was absolutely delicious! The owners really thought of everything to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible! I would definitely stay there again and would recommend to all!

• Stayed July 2014
Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed in the Whittier Suite for 2 nights and it was absolutely perfect. Wonderful location next to Brown Bag Deli and Jeni's Ice Cream, easy walk to Schiller Park and all German Village has to offer. Love the check-in/check-out process- could not be any easier. Fully stocked kitchen with many options for breakfast and great coffee. The bed was so comfortable. Even our puppy felt welcome and pampered. We hope to stay here every time we are in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 4th of July and it was so much fun! Super nice and everything was ready for us when we got there! We loved the outdoor fireplace and sat by the fire for hours! Breakfast was delicious and the refrigerator was stocked with food when we got there!I highly recommend this gorgeous bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: any of them!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were in Whittier Suite 2 for one night. Our stay was nothing short of excellent. The rooms were spacious, well laid out, and the proprietors covered all their bases with respect to amenities. We arrived to find a pitcher of iced tea and freshly baked cookies awaiting us. They took care to specify all food to our vegetarian diets as well. I can't say enough good about this place, and I certainly recommend it. We will be going back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the GVGH. The first time was for a girls' getaway weekend and this time was with my husband. Both times, I stayed in the large king room on the 2nd floor. The room is spacious and quiet with all the amenities you expect from a first class accommodation. We loved the gardens and the outdoor fireplace. Every morning there was a large bowl of berries and other fresh fruit with home made breads. Everything was fresh and delightful. We will be back.

Room Tip: Rm. 3 overlooks the garden and is really quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I usually stay in one of the big chain hotels (Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, etc.) on business trips but this was the first time I tried a B&B and was there for 3 nights. What a difference! I actually felt like I was at home; I slept better, felt less stress, and got in some good exercise while walking to the outstanding restaurants and Schiller park nearby. Not only will I definitely stay here again when back in Columbus, but i'm inspired to look at other B&B's for business travel.

Room Tip: I recommend the room on the first floor off the kitchen. I don't know about the other rooms, bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to German Village Guest House? Share your experiences!