I chose the German Village Guest House because the places I normally stay in Columbus were either booked or had a more expensive rate. Plus it was nice to say in historic German Village rather than boring downtown or out the suburbs. The way I look at it, even though I'm travelling for business doesn't mean I can't have a mini little vacation, and that's what staying at German Village Guest House felt like. The house was clean and welcoming when I arrived straight from my flight. It felt like I was staying in someone's home. I loved the outdoor garden, and look forward to spending more time enjoying it during my next visit. My room was decorated nicely and the bed was very comfortable. My favorite part was the modern bathroom and the complimentary robe. I'm a sucker for a fluffy robe, what can I say. Also, the location is key. There are a number of restaurants and bars within walking distance.
In the morning, there was a nice continental breakfast laid out in the kitchen with fresh baked banana bread, berries, fresh coffee, cereals, and fresh fruit. It made it easy to grab something and head straight to the office, which was a quick 10 minute drive away.
I would highly recommend The German Village Guest House. I've stayed at the Hilton in Easton, The Loft downtown, and the Weston downtown, and this place by far was the most comfortable and best value. I plan on staying there every time I'm in Columbus in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- German Village Guest House is a popular alternative to downtown Columbus hotels in an acclaimed historic neighborhood. Modern design, cleanliness and luxury details distinguish this innovative hotel. The German Village Guest House is a AAA Three-Diamond Hotel and recently achieved 'TripAdvisor Ranking #1 of B&Bs/Inns in Columbus Ohio.'Our Guest check-in and -out is automated 24/7 ~ fast, convenient and secure. Lots of unrestricted on-street parking. Fresh, delicious continental breakfast buffet, broadband wireless, cable TV, DVD player, snacks, refreshments, fresh flowers and lots more all included in rate. Enjoy a charming National Historic District neighborhood that features the best parks, restaurants, shops, galleries and pubs in the Midwest. All German Village Guest House hotel buildings are nonsmoking, with outdoor smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your German Village Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- German Village Guest House Hotel Columbus
- German Village Guest House Columbus, Ohio