“Basic Room, nice amenities for an extended stay hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #48 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Basic Room, nice amenities for an extended stay hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

This is an extended stay property. That said, it's a nice one. The property seems very new and is close to a lot of restaurants and the Polaris Fashion Place. Columbus is a "driving town", though, so you would be taking your life in your hands if you wanted to cross the street. The workout room is very nice, and there is free laundry. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.

The room is basic, but very clean and new. There was a DVD player with the TV, which was nice. The kitchen has all the amenities expected in a full kitchen. Housekeeping only cleans rooms once/week, and your room won't get cleaned unless you are there for at least one week. I didn't mind making my own bed.

There is wireless internet (somewhat weak in my room) and internet access available via network cable (very fast). I had a little trouble with the climate control in my room (the first night it was 86 degrees in my room, and the next it was 62), and the fan was very noisy. The ceilings are thin and there is a fair amount of noise from people in the hallway. I recommend asking for a room on the 4th floor (top floor) so any nightime pacing from guests above your head won't bother you.

Parking is free and plentiful. I would stay there again (and probably will in Summer 2008) as it is a good value, and I liked the full kitchen, workout room and location.

Stayed April 2007
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of our property! We would like to inform you, we are under new management and invite you back to the property to see what’s new! We hope you like the changes and will let us know!

Best Regards,

Mica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

I stood in Candlewood Hotel Polaris over a weekend in March - so just 2 nights. The hotel is very nicely located at the new Polaris Mall which is north of Columbus on the interstate to Cleveland. From the exit its less than one mile. Even though, the place way very quite - I at least did not hear the highway. The area is dominated of course by this wonderful nice new Mall with lots of restaurants and shops preaded around.

Entering the hotel took me two rounds in my care around the hotel - because I was expecting a big entrance hall or such - but only a small door leads to the reception. Once there a friendly young lady checked me in, telling me that this is an extended stay place where you only receive service once a week. I didn't know that before, but it explains the small entrance hall. This was ok to me anyhow since I only stood there 2 nights. But you can obtain more fresh towls from the reception any time. And this explains to me why it is so cheep compared to other hotels in the area.

The room itself has a small kitchenette but with a big fridge, a microwave and that was all I used - I also saw the stove, plates, mugs, galsses, the full story of a suite. So this is very nice if you really intend to stay there some what longer. I even saw signs taking of an indoor pool - which I didn't use but I saw the Gym which was at least not crowded. The rooms are nicely decorated and there is enough room. Everything looks modern well maintained and clean. No complains to this either.

So the last statement - would I go there again: of course, its an inexpensive place with lots of annemities at a nice location.

• Liked — Its a nice suite for a good price in great location.
  • Disliked — Absolutly nothing!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Best Regards,

Mica

Been to Candlewood Suites Polaris? Share your experiences!