“Close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Port Columbus

You added BEST WESTERN Port Columbus to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Port Columbus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Airpointe Drive, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Port Columbus)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I liked this hotel because it was close to the airport, but it wasn't my favorite of the Best Western hotels. If I remember correctly, you had to have some type of card or something to use the free WIFi - it didn't automatically connect, so I ended up having to use Mobile Hotspot on my cell phone for Internet. What I also liked was that they have a free shuttle to take you to the airport or to Easton, which was a very nice convenience. They also have a small fitness center, which I did use once during my stay. it was ok. The elliptical worked, but the treadmill only worked for about 20 minutes before it died. TV was fine; good choice of channels. I only had breakfast one day, but it seemed like there were good choices. The room was fine and it was clean. The one thing that I really did not like was the noise. You can hear people in the room next to you very easily. I was woken up at 1 am by someone else's conversation in another room on the first night of my stay, then on the 2nd night there were kids running up and down the hallway even after 10 pm. It was Valentine's day weekend, so that may have something to do with it, but I think because it is so easy to hear everyone else, that I would not stay here again. Other than that, it's a nice hotel and the staff are very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Parkersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I typically stay at a different / pricier brand of hotels. I chose this based on location (close to a seminar I was attending). I saved around $70 and found this hotel to be very similar to the more expensive chain. The property was equally clean and nice. The building and room seemed to be rather new. There hotel was in a nice area. I felt comfortable as a female staying alone. There was easy access to Port Columbus International Airport. Overall this a very good experience and I will consider Best Western in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

oregonia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and we took advantage of the hot tub suite. We really enjoyed this room and its extra amenities from the staff. The room was very clean and everything worked well. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The location is easy to get to and in a nice location by the airport but not too close.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very clean! Convenient location and great service. Keyed entry to building is a must and pool area was also well maintained. I would stay there anytime.

Breakfast area in the lobby is cozy with fresh coffee. Very close to restaraunts and shopping.

Stayed January 2014
Newport News, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The placed us next to a smoking room when we requested to be away from them due to allergies (internet reservation); we could smell the smoke in our bathroom. The pool area was okay, but nothing nice. The morning staff was loud and obnoxious. They refused to give me a receipt. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Franklin Furnace, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

At my/our check in the desk clerk greeted us with a warm smile, very friendly and very professional. The lobby was spotless, smelled clean and fresh. Our room was clean, the bathroom was very clean, no spots on sink faucette or in the shower. Shower curtain was clean and folded and drapped in center of shower wall. I requested extra shampoo/Conditioner I was given plenty it is Pantene which is great ... The desk clerks were very nice and acommodating to our needs/wants. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone that I know or recommend it to others as well... My vehicle was parked out back to where I could not look out my window to keep an eye on it, but it was not touched. Noone touched my car or tried to burglarize it... So that proved to me that this hotel is in a great/nice part of Columbus which is saying alot !!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

If your looking to unwind in a relaxing pool or spa after a long day on the road, you might try a different hotel chain. However if your looking just to sleep and perhaps a quick hot bite to eat before you head out on the next part of your trip, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Port Columbus? Share your experiences!