“Great value for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Port Columbus

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Port Columbus to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Port Columbus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Airpointe Drive, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Port Columbus)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Cambridge, MA
“Great value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in late October. I was fully satisfied with the hotel with one exception (which I'll describe in a minute). I travel roughly 350,000 miles/year, and I have to stay in a lot of hotels. For the price, this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. If I come back to the Columbus area, I will gladly stay in this hotel again, and I unequivocally recommend it. The one exception to my favorable impression is the shuttle to the hotel from the airport, which seems to be non-existent. When I called on the phone line designated as connecting me to the Best Western, the phone rang once or twice and then broke off. I tried it several times, and it did the same thing each time. So, I went outside to wait for the shuttle, which never came. Eventually one of the other shuttle drivers agreed to give me a ride when I told him I had been waiting for nearly an hour. Despite that problem, I was satisfied with everything else about the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. I was given one and had no problem.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
South Point, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was referred to this hotel by AAA and was told it had a 3 star rating. Wow, this is a top notch hotel and far better than most 4 star hotels that I have stayed in. The rooms were very spacious, clean and I found the Hotel quiet. The staff was wonderful, friendly and I felt went above and beyond to help us. The shuttle to the airport didn`t run until 4:30 am and we had a 6:00am departure. The hotel had a cab waiting at their expense and we arrived on time.
The continental breakfast was outstanding and the area was very clean.
the hotel has a very nice indoor pool and fitness room.
I give this hotel a big thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in a room for handicap people next to the back door. The room is really bad, noisy every time someone enters or leaves the building. Hotel is old and service is average. Will not stay again. Breakfast was not good and shuttle closes early.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night because I flew in late for work and it is close to the airport. Staff was nice enough but after that the rest was was mediocre at best. First the room was really small. The lavatory was in the main part of the room where the closet normally is. Second is that it was the first time that I have had to sleep on a twin bed since high school and being a taller person my toes hung off the end of the bed unless I curled up. The pillows were really hard and it took some time for the air to come on. The breakfast was the typical Best Western set up and the best part was the waffles. I probabaly wouldn't stay there again unless I got a room with a queen or king bed in it. Lesson learned I guess. In the end I was disapointed in this hotel which is part of a chain that I normally frequent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Farmington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel itself was fine, clean and the only drawback we could find was that it was noisy with visitors from the airport arriving at all hours of the night. If you are looking for a quick sleep in a clean room - this is good for that but not good for couple weekends out or nice trip out of town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CINCINNATI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Reserved a double bed room for (4) people. When arrived to book in, no room available. So, they supposedly upgraded us to the king room with a jacuzzi, stated they would bring up an air mattress, 2 hrs later we get the air mattress, what a joke! It was the size for a small pet to sleep on, not (2) people and it came equipped with no pillows, blankets/sheets. Luckily, for the rude non caring runner, I(DAD) was not there when it arrived! So I called and complained, hr later I did get a sheet! Whoo! Hoo! We booked the park n fly. Parked while on vacation for a week, took there shuttle to the airport was told it would bring us back. NOT! When arrived at airport, no shuttle, I called the Hotel and was told to take the taxi and the hotel would foot the bill/fare. Got in line waiting for taxi, taxi driver had a fit and radio another taxi, because he was waiting for "Real" business to get paid full price fare not a hop skip and jump to the local hotel. I just wished I was told this prior to taking the shuttle how this magic all happened, while I am standing around at the airport p/u 100 degrees waiting in lines? ah ya wanting to get back to my vehicle and on the road for the rest of my vacation. Was transported back to hotel, told the taxi dude go get paid inside and just left...it was terrible experience. Got no better when I drove to Hershey PA and stayed at another Best Western...see next review....Are you kidding Me. Maybe I will not use this hotel chain any longer...yes, I did book through the Best Western Reservation web site, exclusively!

Room Tip: You don't get what you reserve! So why reserve?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Woodridge, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western PLUS Port Columbus the weekend of May 18-20. My boyfriend and myself, along with our friends (a couple), decided to have a romatic weekend at Rock on the Range (metal fest)! Since I happen to work for a hotel I called their Manager myself to set up my reservations properly and secure our accommodations. The drive was exhausting but the hotel looked beautiful....and down hill it went. When we tried to check-in, the gentleman at the desk told us that we are not to be receiving the room types I set up 1(One) MONTH ago! He claimed that they NEVER guarantee room type?! P.S. I called them 2 days prior to verify my 2 suites, and if you dont guarantee room type then why book?! So Strike 1. After continue to get heated with me over the room type he "found only one available". So the other couple would get put into a different room. Once we had that settled he then proceeded to get heated with me again over our form of payment...policy or not I called serval times in the month leading up to the Festival and asked all the correct questions and was NEVER told any of the correct answers! Strike 2. Luckily, the angel of a housekeeping manager intervened and saved us from an all-out brawl in the lobby! Although peace seemed evident, it was short lived when we got to the room and called down to the lobby inquiring about the complimentary shuttle to take us to the fest, we were told it only runs 3 times and has super limited space and it was booked all days except one and then it would take us there and not take us back since they won't have room....I then asked about an alternative form of transport and the gentlemen said, and I quote "Cab it Sweetheart." STRIKE 3! I felt very offened by the tone and sarcasm, I, being a hotel professional myself couldn't understand why you would say that to a guest?! So sadly my opinion of the hotel at that point wasnt great however... The room we had was exquiste and clean, the breakfast was ok, we didnt eat theirs except for toast but there was a Waffle House across the street that was good. The pool was very nice and clean, workout facility nice, housekeepers were very sweet and got us anything we needed. I would absolutely stay there again next year for Rock on the Range, as long as the repeat from this year doesnt occur.

Room Tip: King Suite with Jacuzzi is incredible for a couples get-a-way!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Port Columbus? Share your experiences!