“A jewel in downtown Columbus” 5 of 5 stars

+(1)614-429-3936
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolf's Ridge Brewing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,022 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cleveland
“A jewel in downtown Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the few restaurants open for dinner Easter Day, and based on the great reviews my husband and I and our adult son decided to try it. It was one of the best restaurant choices we've made in years. Everything we tried on the menu was unusual, full of flavor, prepared perfectly. My husband and I are not big beer drinkers, so we decided on cocktails. Hubby didn't like his, so the waitress, after asking what he didn't like about it, suggested something different which he ended up really liking - and the fresh drink was at no cost. Of all the food we sampled the only thing we all didn't like was the mint chocolate ice cream, which was hopped and had a weird bitter flavor, otherwise everything was fantastic. Additionally, despite apparently having had a large crowd for Easter brunch, the place was spotless (including the bathroom), and the service patient and prompt. We will definitely be back.

Visited April 2014

Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Really wanted to like this more...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was exceptional. The service was a bit overwhelmed. But the room did not have a vibe. The bar is far in the back of the room and the overall experience suffers for it.

Visited March 2014
Ohio
“Truly enjoyable....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Relatively new restaurant in a refurbished local on 4th Street. Contemporary urban interior.
Great beer selection. Try the sampler. Dishes were deliciously...small, pricey but worth it. This one goes on our repeat list.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Best New Restaurant in Cbus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently ate at Wolf's Ridge Brewing in downtown Columbus with girlfriends on a "girls night out." I had been hearing a lot of buzz about this place and was very excited to try it. We were NOT disappointed! It is by far the best new restaurant to open in Columbus in the last several years and I would put it in the top three best meals I have had in this town in a very long time. It was, hands down, one of the most delicious meals I have ever eaten. The food was beautiful, skillfully prepared and a complete delight to eat.

The environment is very fresh and hip but not in an off-putting way. Exposed brick, custom Amish-made wood slab tables and chairs, and the gleaming micro-brew equipment behind huge glass panels all add to the vibe. There are two and four-top tables and there are also large plank tables that allow groups to sit together Oktoberfest style. There is an open kitchen so you can see the chef preparing each meal. The ambiance was very inviting, conducive to conversation and welcoming. Our server was adorable, very knowledgeable about the menu and attentive without being intrusive. We bonded with her immediately and had a great night as a result.

The menu is not huge but there is great attention to detail and foodies will be in heaven with the organic, local ingredients. Beer aficionados will appreciate the house-made craft brews. Ask your server for a sample and they will bring you one. Or you can get a flight of all the beers they make.

I started with a roasted beet salad on frisee lettuce topped with a goat cheese croquette and drizzled with Ohio Maple syrup vinaigrette. My only regret with this choice was that there was only one goat cheese croquette. It was absolutely delicious! For an entree, I wanted to try the mole braised pork shoulder, but unfortunately, it had ground almonds in the mole sauce so my nut allergy precluded me from trying it. I settled on a lamb burger, which was expertly prepared and very tasty. My girlfriends had the steamed muscles, seared sea scallops on curried risotto and the pork chop, which was the clear stand-out of the three. It came perfectly cooked on a bed of beet mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables with an incredible glaze. The pork chop entree was so beautifully plated my friend almost didn't want to eat it! Don't be fooled by the fact that this place is called a brewery! It is a high-end, first rate, top quality restaurant that also happens to be a micro brewery. I cannot wait to go back again with my husband for a special occasion. Friends tell me the brunch is outstanding and Wolf's Ridge is also open for lunch. Located on the northeast edge of downtown, it would be an ideal spot for a business lunch meeting or casual lunch out with family or friends.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Beautiful Space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wolf's Ridge offers great views, a beautiful space along with great food and great beer, can't ask for much else.

Visited March 2014