“Great front desk service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8535 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Mentor, United States
“Great front desk service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The front desk staff at check in was extremely helpful. I mistakenly booked the wrong date on the Hilton web site. The was a prepaid reservation, so when I showed the gentleman working the front desk he was able to search around and find that I booked on the wrong day. He was able to move my credit to the night we needed and was very pleasant during the whole process. Wish I could remember his name so he could get credit, the one thing I do remember is he was wearing a walking boot, so he must have had some type of foot or ankle issue. He really made a honest mistake I made a complete non issue. I don't think this would be the same experience every place else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 for 2 nights. The room was ready when I arrived at 3, the check in was speedy, desk clerk friendly. The room was immaculate, cozy, bed was very comfy. The room was spacious, with a small refrigerator and microwave, and a small coffee pot. I did not eat in the restaurant, so no review for that, but the breakfast looked great-many options. There was complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby at all times-how nice is that? Good place, and excellent location for Polaris/Columbus area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Beavercreek, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay this is one of my favorite places to stay when I visit Columbus. They are doing renovations I can't wait to see the final changes. Great staff very helpful and attentive to my needs like referring a local place to eat or drink.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn and could not have been more pleased. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very nice. The website warned of renovations and we saw (but did not hear) evidence of that. A perfect one night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the extra touches at this hotel, from a clean, well stocked lobby bathroom with mouthwash and lotions, to the complete delicious breakfast which included waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage in addition to the cereal and oatmeal and toast. There's a lobby bar, an excercise room with treadmills and weights, an indoor pool and outdoor tables. The rooms were quiet and clean and everything functioned well. The renovation was apparent in the lobby, but is temporary and contained. They were just completing the installation of new bright carpet in the hallways, and one of the workers recommended Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner, which was a kitschy fun evening. We were very pleased with the services provided at this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Westminster, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in Columbus for an event. I booked the hotel based on my love of Hilton's. The price was moderate and the reviews I read were good. I drove 9.5 hours and was so thankful for and easy check in and a quiet, clean and very comfortable room. They are renovating the hotel and the lobby had plastic up but the rooms had brand new carpet, wall paper and was very clean. We slept wonderfully and it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Normally a fan of HGI, but the extensive construction was not mentioned on the website...only when we arrived. The woman at the front desk mentioned the construction and that our room was one of the ones that had been renovated. And, I had a feeling she was smirking at us. My husband got that sense as well. Our room number was written and posted on painters tape on the door, the air conditioner made some of the worst noises and kept us up most the night, a bath towel with a large tear was left in our room, peeling wallpaper, wall dents and the piece de resistance was that neither side of the mattress was adjustable. We attempted to reduce the hardness to no avail. After a restless night, I was very aware that adequately attempting to express my dissatisfaction may not have gone well with little sleep. Thus, this review. At $139/night for a king size bed, that did not look like a king nor have king size pillows, I will not consider this particular HGI again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris? Share your experiences!