“Fantastic surprise in Ohio!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Martini Modern Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vine
Description: Martini Modern Italian is a vibrant, high energy restaurant featuring timeless Italian techniques, innovative culinary presentations & progressive handcrafted cocktails, all in a sexy, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Located in the Short North Arts District across from the Convention Center, Martini is just minutes away from the Arena District & is open nightly for dinner.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic surprise in Ohio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Our group was a restaurant's worst nightmare. Saturday night out of towners ranging in age from 15 to 87 with food tastes just as broad. Then to really annoy them we were running late and were in a hurry! We made it 15 minutes late and were seated promptly. I believe our server was named Kyle. He was terrific, he made suggestions, listened to our questions and made very good modifications to all six of our meals. Each course was served promptly, accurately and was delicious. Three veal dishes (2 of which were not on the menu) were tender, savory and very well presented. I love caper berries so that was a real treat when my entree arrived and the crisp potatoes were delightful. 2 modified vegetarian dishes (butternut squash tortellini, I think) were really good. The texture of the pasta was especially nice. Lastly chicken Parmesan was presented as a classic with a twist. I love Italian restaurant standards like this and I was glad to see Martini's point of view come through in this stylish turn.
In between courses we were all discussing what a great looking restaurant this is. Urban, contemporary, pops of light and color yet very warm. We were very relaxed and had a great time, so much so we ordered dessert and coffee. I really appreciated that the maître d took a few minutes to engage my father in conversation. The food was great, the service made this a great restaurant.

Visited February 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“One of my highlights in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Work takes me to many places around the world, yet I have never been (until recently) to Ohio. So, I heard some derogatory comments from various people (most of them traveling Americans) and I didn't have high expectations.

My first visit to Columbus Ohio was 1.5 years ago - I stayed at the newly opened Hilton, which is two doors from Martini's. The hotel concierge and the barman recommended Martini's highly, and given that I was there for enarly 2 weeks, decided to give it a go. So along I went (for the first time) and have kind of dreaded going to a restaurant on my own. Yet, I was made to feel very welcome, their bar staff (where I ended up sitting, at the bar - which is really to me like a giant communal round table, with your non-stop waiting staff atr your service), and ended up chatting to them about everything and anything, as well as the other diners.

Drinks (especially cocktails) were mind-blowing, wine was sublime and their pasta dishes were excellent at their simplicity, yet flavours were stunning! I went there pretty much every night of my 2 week stay, got to know the staff by their names.

I have returned several times to Columbus since that "first time" and went to Martini's - again - I can tell you the quality of food and service is consistently amazing, even though some staff have moved on and new ones arrived.

I will be back next month for another trip, but if you live in Columbus, it is a sin not to go to this place - whether on a date or solo - or for business. And if you are going through Ohio, don't listen to cliches: Ohio and Columbus has some of the most genuine and charming people, and Martini's is THE place to see it all.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
“Great Date Spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Heard about this place from several people and decided to try it with my boyfriend. We went on a Friday night around 9 for dinner and were seated right away. We got a bottle of wine, bruchetta and pasta. The basil to dip the bread was amazing. All the dishes are brought out in their pans/skillets and then poured onto your plate. Everything was fresh and delicious! Dinner prices are reasonable, $20-30 a person. Perfect nicer date spot.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Columbus Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a great time with my wife. We started with drinks at the bar and the bartender was awesome. He took his time explaining the various martinis they offered and one can tell he was an expert at his craft. Dinner was very good as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elkins, West Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We visited during Columbus' Restaurant Week, and I enjoyed the prix fixed menu. The food was delicious. Our server was excellent, even though he was working a table of 17, it was as if we were a small group instead of a huge one. I would certainly dine here again. My only negative marks would be that it was a little loud and the 17 of us were crammed around our table.

Visited January 2014