“Savory Strudels” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Anand and Doris Saha, the creators of Mozart’s, met in Switzerland in 1989. Anand studied Hotel Management while Doris completed her training as a professional pastry Chef. When the opportunity to move to Columbus, Ohio arose in 1995, the couple risked everything they had to open their own bakery and make Columbus their home. After struggling for the first few months, they soon found themselves the creators of perhaps the best pastry shop in the city. With the generous support of the Columbus community, Mozart’s has grown famous for authentic European foods and an atmosphere that could not be found anywhere else.
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Savory Strudels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Two friends and I went to Mozart for lunch today. We all decided to try a new menu item – savory strudels. I am a vegetarian so I ordered the potato and portabella strudel, one friend ordered the Salzburg chicken strudel and the second friend ordered the Szeged cabbage strudel. They all came with a side salad and we all absolutely loved them. I have been to Austria and Germany and Mozart got the wonderful flakey dough just right, just like in Europe. We took some dessert pastries to-go and they were all scrumptious as well.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mozartscafe, Manager at Mozart's Bakery and Piano Cafe, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Our pastry chefs pride themselves on the quality and authenticity of their recipes. I am truly pleased to hear that your party enjoyed our newest additions to the cafe menu.

Columbus, Ohio
“Weekend Breakfast & pastries to take home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

menu warm comfort food ~ pace relaxed & take you time making decisions on all the pastries behind glass ~ mozart tortes jump a level in decadence ~ enjoy ~ price point delivers & marz peach ~ try it ~ too many choices? no, fill a box to go & share with family, friends & business associates ~ impress with your taste in taste of Mozarts!

Visited October 2012
I love your solution to the dilemma of "too many choices!" Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions of Mozart's.
Granville, Ohio
“A True Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daughter and I love to go to Mozart's Cafe. The food is great and the pastries are fabulous. My favorite entree in the salmon and my daughter's is the potato/mushroom pastry. Of course, all the pastries are great but their signature marzipan peach is out of this world. And the live piano music makes for a magical atmosphere. Mozart's makes every visit feel like a special occasion. I am looking forward to visiting their new location. I already have two events I am planning to book there. Keep up the god work Mozart's!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you! We strive to offer patrons a lasting experience and a true 'Taste of Austria.' I am glad to hear that Mozart's is a special place for you and your daughter. We look forward to seeing you at our new location!
Columbus, OH
“Great pastries, reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Delicious treats. I mainly take them home but it is pleasant to eat them there as well. Food is OK, but pastries are their forte.

Visited October 2012
Decadent pastries are definitely the star at Mozart's! We have been working very hard to refine our menu, adding new items like the savory Szeged Cabbage Strudel and Chicken & Portabella Vol au Vent. We are always looking for ways to improve our offerings. Thank you for your feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
“A Columbus Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Mozart's is definitely one of Columbus Ohio's best. The food, pastries, and service are consistently great! The smoked salmon on the appetizer plate is always fresh and delicious. The chocolate chip cookies and peach and apricot plunders are always warm and scrumptious. The mini cheesecakes and chocolate eclairs are decadent and perfect in size for those wanting something to satisfy their sweet tooth's. I highly recommend the prelude number 4 (smoked salmon and spinach omelette) and the Belgian waffle. These are just some of my personal favorites. I've tried many things on the menu and have found all the food and pastry items offered to be of excellent quality, and simply delicious. The atmosphere is understated elegance but not stuffy. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow! Thank your for your high praise. It is wonderful to know that we are providing great food- and great service. Our staff, from bakers to chefs and servers, strive to offer our patrons a great dining experience. Your comments are deeply appreciated by all.