“Finest dining in Columbus” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
M Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,863 Restaurants in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Asian, Eclectic
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.
Columbus, Ohio
“Finest dining in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at M and had one of our finest dining experiences ever. As a life long Columbus resident, I can say this is the best this city has to offer. The atmosphere is great and our waiter was knowledgeable and entertaining. His recommendations were excellent. The margarita with smoked sea salt and jalapeno infused agave nectar was the best drink I have ever had. We started with the 3 cones appetizer which was my first experience with caviar. I had ahi tuna and we split the lobster mashed potatoes. We had the coffee and donuts for dessert. Everything was amazing. I admit I was opposed to going because I knew it was going to be expensive, but it turns out it was well worth the price. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Inventive and Climbing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Driving from Milwaukee to Washington we stopped overnight in Columbus, OH on a lark. M Restaurant was rated as one of the best, and we were very impressed. The drinks are carefully made with fresh juices and hand chipped ice. Dinner was spectacular, accompanied by a great pinot noir. Fish presentations were wonderful--and we enjoyed the crab appetizer and the lobster potatoes. Young chef very much on the rise!

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Dining for Special Occassions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The décor, service, relatively quite atmosphere and service by well-trained staff make this a favorite dining spot for anniversaries, birthdays, and business dinners. The food is prepared as you like it...asking for special attention is always graciously accepted at M and other Cameron Mitchel's restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Terrific restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere for our anniversary was incredible - very nice table that afforded a sense of privacy. The food was delicious - probably the best tasting steak I ever had. Service was awesome. The waiter was very friendly, knowledgeable and provided just the right amount of attention. A fine experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Filet will knock you off your feet!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Best Filet I've EVER had in my life. My waiter was so awesome!! Best food, service, and cocktails! I can't wait to go back. Even my husband was impressed. What I wanted I got!! The menu had their blu cheese potato bowl filet but I wanted the spinach and it wasn't on the menu, they made it for me anyways :) We couldn't pick between two salads so they put half of each for my husband and I. For dessert I wanted just the cookies and they did that too. Granted we paid a lot, but it was worth every penny! I have been to every nice place in columbus and Prime 112 in Miami, there is NO Filet like M :) ill be back for a girls night next week! Black orchard here we come!

• Visited July 2013