“Deli bliss” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Kosher
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Description: Katzinger's Delicatessen - Family owned and operated since 1984! Our sandwiches are really big - HUGE in fact. We know some of you can't eat that much so we also offer a smaller sandwich - we refer to it as Normal. All sandwiches come with a free help-yourself-from-the-pickle-barrel dill. Choose from traditional "old" or garlicky "new". And we offer plenty of freshly prepared-to-order salads and desserts to tempt you, too. You should leave Katzinger's wanting to come back again - and soon! We're very proud of our food - Black Angus corned beef prepared by Sy Ginsburg's United Meat and Deli using Sy's special secret ingredient ( many, many tons later and he still won't tell us what it is!)...Chickens raised by Amish families at Gerber Farms... Imported Emmentaler, the original Swiss cheese... Breads made especially for us and delivered daily by Mediterra Bakehouse in Pittsburgh and we hand slice every loaf... Bagels from Sammy's delivered fresh daily... Gluten free bread from Eban bakery of Grove City . Our mayo is Hellmann's. We oven roast our turkeys to moist perfection. We dress our roast beef with lots of garlic and rosemary and roast it to a beautifully pink medium rare. We marinate our brisket for 48 hours before slow roasting to fork tenderness. Our chicken, tuna and egg salads are made with memorable recipes. These are just a few of the fine ingredients we use to create the deli foods of Katzinger's Delicatissen.
Lancaster, Ohio
“Deli bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Last I looked, Katzinger's already had more than 150 Trip Advisor reviews, so I'm not breaking ground when I say this was one of the best delis I've been to in years. Easy to find, friendly service, great sandwiches, a couple of dining rooms filled with the sounds of laughter and happy eaters. I have my own little rating system for what constitutes a great delicatessen and chopped liver and whitefish salad are high on the list. Katzinger's offers both, as well as wonderful breads and some of the most delicate matzo balls I've had. If I lived in Columbus, I'd be a regular. Writing this back at our Albuquerque home, I already miss it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbus, Ohio
“REUBEN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have been coming here with my parents since I was a kid. Love corned beef and pastrami and the Reuben here is worth writing poetry about! The pickle barrel is awesome too. I get so excited when I get to eat here! I know there is so much great stuff on the menu that I haven't tried, but I can't think of going there and getting something other than a Reuben or a pastrami sandwich. Ahhh... the pickles....

Visited January 2013
Greenville, Ohio
“First Time at Katzinger's Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were in the German Village to visit the Book Loft and chose Katzinger's Deli for lunch. I had read mixed reviews before the visit but found Katzinger's to be very good. The place was packed (always a good sign) but the service was fairly quick and the food was very good. Heads up on the restrooms - very rustic.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“another fabulous stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We decided to stop at Katzinger's on our way through Columbus. Still great! the pastrami and corned beef in our deli sandwiches were so amazing. The breads are great as well. Add potato salad and deli pickles from barrels and a cheese blintz and you have fabulous. So many choices and all so good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, South Carolina
“A real Jewish Deli!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were so surprised to find a real deli in Columbus!!!!!!! The corned beef sandwich was thick and delicious and the lox and bagel were wonderful. The selection of breads and bagels are awesome. You wait in line to order your food and if you are not carrying out its brought to your table. Pickles are serve yourself and are in barrels. They also have a selection of Spanish sausages and cheeses. Don't miss this place if your are in the area but be aware it is BUSY. Be patient.

• Visited September 2013