“Good Portions - Average Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Gilbert, Arizona
“Good Portions - Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My hubby met a bunch of his old chums there for dinner while we were visiting Columbus. I ordered the Champps salad with vinaigrette dressing but forgot to order it on the side. Huge mistake. My salad was drowning!

It was OK. The place is not that expensive and if you are hungry and don't want to break the bank it is not a bad place to go.

So when planning a trip there, think TGIF, or BJ's or something like that. Decent food, decent prices but forgettable.

Visited June 2013

Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“Dull Steak Knives, and by the way, Beers do Sweat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I usually enjoy going to Champps for dinner, but this was mediocre at best. Being alone I sat at the bar. I ordered the steak and grilled shrimp. Unfortunately, the steak knife I was given was dull enough that it would have been difficult to cut butter slices with. I got another one, which was better but not great. Otherwise the meal was only adequate. And I don't get it. Why can't they provide you with a coaster or napkin for your beer? Mine sweated and dripped all over the metal counter of the bar.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Reasonable Choice, Good Bar Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Wound up here because it was convenient and seemed nice. My experience was fine. The place did not seem dirty on the day I was there, we had pretty good service (not great), the food was good (nothing real special), it was crowded and the place has a ton of TVs. We sat in the bar area and the atmosphere was pleasant. I have no doubt some others may have had a poor experience, but mine was pretty good. We had to wait a little for our waitress to find us and it wasn't a highend place, but we weren't expecting it to be either. Overall - it was a good, although relatively average place for a sports bar.

Malta, Ohio
“Always Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being a "Sports Bar/ Restaurant" Champps is open later than a lot of eateries, but their menu is quite varied,we have dined here several times, and enjoyed great Gyros , delicious burgers, and wild desserts. The staff is always great!

Visited January 2013
Grove City, Ohio
“Good food, okay price, great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Four of us went to Champps on Friday evening after trying another nearby restaurant (the wait was 1-1/2 hours - so we went to Champps). We arrived around 6:45 and had a 35 minute wait.
We ordered some appetizers and drinks which came pretty quickly and we pretty tasty. Some of the appetizers seem like frozen-and-fried products but others seemed fresh.
Dinner came in under 30 minutes, which wasn't bad considering the place was packed. The waffle fries were cheap, frozen, pre-made fries - the low point of the plate. If you want a salad with you meal, prepare to spend more $$. The food quality of the entrees was good. Between the four of us, we had a pretty large variety ranging from BBQ ribs to shrimp pasta; a burger to chicken. Everyone enjoyed their meals and were satisfied with the quantity. our server was very nice and very accommodating!
It's basic, America fare, and I would go back.

• Visited November 2012