“Good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,994 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Mitchelle Ocean club was what we decided for wedding anniversary.Chloe our waitress was on top of her job -explained to us the menu and gave a lot of mix and match options.She suggested that I can do a non alcoholic martini and the taste was true to her word.My husband went in for a gin.We went for sautéed shrimp and baked oysters for the appetizer and ordered crab cakes and pork porter house for the main course.The shrimp and pork deserve 5 stars ,the crab cakes and baked oyster deserve 4 stars.We infact had tasted some better oysters and crab cakes in New Orleans .If I had not had a taste of NOLA food ,I would have certainly given MOC 5 stars for food and service.We were given a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Bad service; good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The service here was just awful which is a shame when you are paying 200.00 for the meal. We had to wait a while on drinks each time with empty glasses. Had to wait 35 mins before we even got to place our meal order! We were there 3 hours and my husband only had 3 beers. Not by choice but bc the waiter never came around. The food was good though. The calamari was good. The pretzel bread is awesome. It would be great with the cheese fondue. My husband had the ribeye and loved it. I had the crab cakes which were just lightly cooked and tasty. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but the creamed spinach had a tang and wasn't very good. I would go back and hope for a different server. Really should be a 3.5 star bc of the terrible service.

Waterville, Ohio
“Fresh seafood, elegant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our server was knowledgeable and attentive; the seafood was fresh and well prepared. The wine list was extensive. Even with many diners due to Ohio State's graduation that day, the atmosphere was calm and unhurried.

Visited May 2014
Bridgeport, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

First time eating here and it did not disappoint ! Our server, Holmes, was spot on. Our drinks were always full and our food came out hot. The lobster bisque was amazing as were the ribeye and vinegar fries.
I would highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Versailles, Kentucky
“Very fine special occasion place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I were visiting our son and his newly engaged fiancée, so they asked to go to this restaurant. He proclaimed it the best restaurant he has ever visited. I agree that it is excellent. Quite pricey, though, so best for special occasions unless money is no object.

Visited April 2014