“Weekend trip to Columbus” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,863 Restaurants in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Vienna, WV
“Weekend trip to Columbus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was my first visit to the Ocean Club. My wife and I liked it and the food was okay, but nothing outstanding. My steak was good, but I've had better. My wife had the scallops and she liked them. The service was excellent! We were sitted in a small room and there was 2 big screen TV's that had a burning fireplace video playing. I thought that was a little tacky.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Central Ohio
“Meh- the Pricey Ocean Club is just ... OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We eat at a number of fine dining establishments but had never been to OC before so we were anxious to try it. We found Ocean Club to be ... just OK. But we spent a lot of money for two people and both walked out of there still hungry. I don't mind spending a lot of money on a good dinner --- that's not unusual -- but I want something more than what I got. The portions are tiny for dinners with huge price tags. For a restaurant branded as a seafood place, there isn't much seafood and no "fresh catch" or other feature of note. The salads are OK and you have to pay separately for your sides and salads --- which is to be expected--- but for roughly $10 or more each, I expected more food. I really don't eat much so this was certainly noticeable. The food itself was OK -- nothing overly special --- but tasty. Service at OC was excellent. The dining rooms have too many tables too close together which impedes the comfort level some and it's noisy, but it's not a large restaurant. We didn't have any of the special cocktails but the wine was good. Honestly, the next time we want to choose from a variety of seafood, we'll go back to Columbus Fishmarket. It may be the same people -- or maybe not --- but it's a better choice for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great food, service and ambiance. This is an upscale restaurant. Every dish we had here was exceptional. This is a good restaurant to celebrate something special or just for a great night out.

Visited November 2013
Granville, Ohio
“Office Party Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Cameron Mitchell Restaurants/Mitchell's Ocean Club is one the best in Columbus.
The service, food quality and a well trained wait staff make dining a pleasure.
Both the menu and the wine list offer a wide variety of selections and the daily fresh catch offerings are always on point andpriced accordingly.
The location is great and if seated on the veranda a great spot for people watching.
The bar scene is electric and the restaurant ambience is great.
We have never had a bad experience when dining at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hard to Beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

As good as it gets in Columbus. Love the She Crab Bisque, Oysters Rockefeller, Tuna and Steaks. Great service. Expensive. But I've eaten there many times, enough that they know my preferences. I usually eat at the bar.