“I'm sure their food is awesome. However, I have never had the opportunity to try their food. This was due to a two hour...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mitchell's Ocean Club

Mitchell's Ocean Club
4002 Easton Station, Columbus, OH 43219
614-416-2582
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,962 restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

I'm sure their food is awesome. However, I have never had the opportunity to try their food. This was due to a two hour wait where those of a more favorable stature were seated, without reservation, ahead of me. I normally would toss this aside, but this has happened on three separate occasions. If reputation is something they desire then there needs to be a sign on the door letting the rest of us know not to waste our time.

83% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A wonderful seafood restaurant that has a very trendy environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

A wonderful seafood restaurant that has a very trendy environment.

akron, Ohio
“Overpriced & Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

After dining at several of Cameron Mitchell's restaurants around the city, I was prepared for great atmosphere, excellent tasting food, sizeable portions and reasonable prices at the Ocean Club. I did find that the food was prepared very well with many wonderful flavors, however, my overall experience left me unsatisfied. My wife and I are not frequent diners at such up-scale restaurants, and when we do decide to splurge on a meal, we like to feel our money was well spent. The $60 we spent on two very small crab cakes and four scallops did not generate such a feeling. Furthermore, my "crab" salad only included one very tiny piece of crab (maybe 3/4" square). I realize gourmet food is synonymous with small portions, but these portions were laughable in comparison to those plated at Cameron's other establishments. Second, my glass of merlot, again small, was not properly poured. I realize that sediment does, at times, form in a stored bottle of wine, but the bartender should be trained well enough to know how to keep that sediment in the bottle rather than just dumping it all into a customer's glass. Last, when booking my reservation, I was told that the restaurant’s dress code was business casual or formal. However, the diners we encountered wore denim summer wear with adolescent children in tow. Hardly the upscale atmosphere my wife and I expected while celebrating a special occasion. I do wish to thank our server for the free dessert in honor of my wife's birthday. However, that may be the only pleasant memory we will have of the Ocean Club. In total, we spent around $100 for dinner, and next time we visit Easton, I think we'll give P.F. Chang's the opportunity to satisfy our appetites. Sorry.

columbus
“steakhouse menu in a fish restaurant $$$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

The fish is mainly served a la carte with expensive large side dishes the way a steak house does. Leaves me with the feeling that I'm getting ripped off...expensive wine list too. Must be the highest mark up in Columbus. Martinis are bubbling with dry ice - I just want a drink not a witches brew please.
Beautiful decor and patio - very noisy with the piano player and all the hard surfaces though, couldn't hear my guest and we were at a small table.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Less than you'd expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

OK, not great, until the bill comes. Way too expensive for average to just above average food.