“A must go to place if you like Chocolate and find yourself in Columbus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anthony Thomas Chocolates

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 13 shopping in Columbus
Attraction Details
Villa Park, Illinois
“A must go to place if you like Chocolate and find yourself in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

To say this is a great candy store is an understatement.

Since I was visiting Columbus I was told this was a mandatory stop as I needed to bring home some buckeyes for my wife.

The clerk was very friendly and very helpful, they had lots of great ideas for gifts made of chocolate.

Neat place to visit and get some great chocolate.

Visited October 2013

Columbus, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Felt like I stepped back into the 50's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The tour was ok..only one line was up and they were packaging candy that was for another company (Mars - Snickers). You basically walk a loop on the 3rd floor looking down into the factory floor on the second floor. It was cool to see the vats of different ingredients. I did send a message to the company suggesting the tour guides do not say things like "This is where the women work." and "The men do the cooking because it requires heavy lifting and using forklifts to move the copper kettles." That is where I felt like we stepped back into the 1950's. Maybe this bothered me more than it would others since I'm a Navy Veteran who worked in supply driving forklifts, 2 ton trucks and moving goods that could weigh up to 100 pounds at times.

Their candy is delicious though and it is nice to support a small family owned and local company.

Visited August 2013
Grove City, Ohio, United States
27 attraction reviews
“Quick, Informative Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The tour was very nice and the tour guides seemed knowledgeable. We seemed to have visited at a time when candy production was slower so many of the lines were not producing candy. The tour was still very informative.

We plan to return when candy is at a higher demand. The tour guide said that they are busiest from September - January so if you plan on visiting I would try to go during those months.

You get a free buckeye at the end of the tour and a voucher to use the price of your admission towards any purchase in the store. Worth the trip.

Visited July 2013