“Good Mexican fare for a chain” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #549 of 1,992 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Mexican fare for a chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We recently went here for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon, so it wasn't busy and we were seated right away by the friendly manager. It was a beautiful day so we enjoyed our dining experience on their patio. Our server was very friendly, attentive, and competent! The food was really good, especially the appetizer of avocado fries. I was a little disappointed with the lack of vegetarian options, but I settled on the avocado with red chile pesto enchiladas, which were very flavorful, and cilantro rice and black beans. My boyfriend opted for the superior dinner. Even the strawberry lemonade was awesome! Overall, a little pricey, but a good experience from beginning to end!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canton, Ohio, United States
“Not up to par.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The restaurant was running slow due to one person not showing up according to one employee and the computers not working right since a storm by the manager and other employee. The food was not as pictured in the menu. My brother's fajitas came out with no sizzle and only took up about 1/3 of the skillet. Drinks were not refilled, so I went up to servers station to get a water pitcher twice. The worse part of them running slow, was they messed the order up and my daughter's food did not come out, so they made it and didn't charge us. My other daughter's beans and rice were undercooked and her empinadas (spelling?) where well done. The most upsetting part was how unclean it was. No one was prebussing tables and there were two tables across from where I sat that did not get cleaned off the entire time we were there. The only time they cleaned a table was when they needed to sit there. I know they are having a bad night, but in all there were 9 tables within two tables of us in either direction that only got clean when they needed to sit someone. They even sat someone before one table was cleaned off. I don't know if I will give a second shot.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
OH
“Skip it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch after working up an appetite at Easton. Even though the restaurant was not busy, we were not seated immediately, and our waitress seemed to have a bit of an attitude. The chips and salsa were good, but it was downhill from there. The food was average and the flavors were of processed food, not fresh at all. The jalapeno sausage slices on my husband's fajita platter were burnt to a crisp, and this was apparent by sight alone. Vacated tables sat dirty for the duration of our meal, and the floor doesn't appear to be swept often. As we were leaving, my husband told me that his first impression was to leave right after entering On the Border. I wish he had told me this before our meal. There are MUCH better options in Columbus.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Solon, Ohio
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was in the mood for Mexican and On the Border solved my craving, but the food is really nothing special. Service was good; there's nothing 'wrong' with the food here, it just isn't as great as more authentic places.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

A great place all the way around been there twice will go back again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere