“Local Taste Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Local Taste Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had the fish and chips. It was very tasty. Staff was great. I'm very picky about my fish and chips. Not too greasy and enough for two people! Great foody experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“Disappointing, unless you like greasy stuff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Web page for this place looked interesting and I always look for a good pub when on travel. Building was old and interesting, and my expectations were feeling positive. It wasn't very busy (Fri evening) and I took a seat at the bar, ordered a draft and a shot and looked at the menu.

Menu looks really interesting and I ordered some Irish spring rolls and a rueben with onion rings.

The spring rolls were supposed to be filled with corned beef and cabbage, but I mainly saw (tasted) cabbage. After 1.5 of them I was getting that greasy feeling in my stomach and scraped out the filling from the 'wrapper'.

Sandwich arrived with thin chips instead of onion rings so I asked for the rings instead. They placed a separate side order and said enjoy the chips on us. OK.

Reuben was not very flavourful, not much meat, and not very exciting frankly, plus the onion rings arrived with ~ 2 mm of grease in the bottom of the bowl and more oozing out of the rings.

Ended up leaving half the rings, 90% of the chips, 1 spring roll and feeling quite unfit.

Very disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Buckeye Nation
“Great hamburger..Bring a flashlight!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Ate here on Friday evening during Restaurant Week. Fixed price menu of $15.00 per person. Started off with two soups. Irish Corn Chowder and Cream of Mushroom. Corn Chowder was very good...Mushroom soup was horrible and very watery. Main entree was Brazenburger and Grilled Meatloaf. Burger was the best I have had in a long time..Cooked perfectly..1/2 pound...Meatloaf was very good but also very small serving. I had a Smithwicks for a $1.00 up-charge...Other person had the bread pudding. The bread pudding was excellent and enough for two. Restaurant was very very dark. Saw many people trying to use their phones as flashlights. Restaurant was also very cold. Would go back for another try.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Great for families and friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've gone several times for the $4 burger night on wednesdays. You have ti find your own table which can get frustrating on busy nights but worth the deal. Hummus plate is amazing and their homemade chips with garlic sauce! Great local spot for a casual family dinner or a get together with friends and lots of beers on tap!

Visited September 2013
Illinois
“Tasty Pub Grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister lives in Columbus and suggested going to Brazenhead for dinner one night. Okay, I've been out of the bar scene for a very long time, so the noise did get irritating, but other than that, this place was great! You go in and find your own table and I was nervous thinking we'll never see a server. I was wrong, the waitress came by within 2 minutes to take our drink order. She was pleasant and quick throughout the entire meal.
We ordered the pretzel bread and cheese dip and it was great. For my meal, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with homemade chips, and it was awesome, it took a lot to stop eating even though I was stuffed! So good. They were very accommodating with my picky-eater daughter and got her a small side salad. My sister ordered the blackened chicken sandwich and really enjoyed it.
If I ever go to Columbus again, I will definitely check this place out again!

Visited July 2013